• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Yes Boss!

topofuji said:
Where did you import Aquanaut's from?? I've had mine on backorder from Play-Asia for a month now. The Asia (Chinese) version by the way (in full English).
You may have ordered a different version though, something is starting to tell me the Chinese version is out of production...:-\

That is the Korean version with English. Play-asia had it on special all last week for $19.90. It is sold out now, though.

HUELEN10

Steven_Jitters said:
5xndk6.jpg
I hate you so much. :D
Seriously though, that looks amazing, and I am happy for you! Where and how much for this amazing find?

topofuji

Banned
Yes Boss! said:
That is the Korean version with English. Play-asia had it on special all last week for $19.90. It is sold out now, though.

Only the Chinese and Korean version have English, right?
Play-Asia is listing the Korea ver as out of stock/out of print, and the Chinese ver as "Backordered".
How long do these things take usually?? (As I said it's said "backordered" since I ordered it on July 1)

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
donkey show said:
Nice dude! Oh I still remember taking it out of that Styrofoam casing and hearing it squeak as you pull it out. Good times. :D

I so ****ing hate Styrofoam, and it's absolutely the worst when you hear it squeak. Worst times >_<

Even the picture showing it creeps me out

Neo Samus

So our old TV decided to die on us last week

Picture taken last christmas
Christmas08001.jpg

So we upgraded to this, a 42' LCD LG 1080p....SO HOT!!!!!
JunePick-up015.jpg

and got this littl game as well,
JunePick-up018.jpg

and if look closely, you can see The Conduit to the left. I picked it up a couple of weeks ago but hadn't had a chance to post it
JunePick-up014.jpg

I also picked up a Component cable for my Wii. I'll try to post a pick later

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also picked up two HDMI cables from Monoprice just got them this morning.

LurkerJZ3

Neo Member
First time posting in this thread so here goes...

Got SFIV for $20 at Gamestop new, TE and some points.
P7300447.jpg

P7300459.jpg

Groundwork of Gurren Lagann

P7300449.jpg

Neo Samus

When my Wife and I went on our honeymoon to Disney World two employees asked us to do a game of "match the prince's with the princess's". If we matched them all correctly we got a "Magic Moment" certificate. We got all of them right (mostly thanks to my wife LOL). IT was really cool.

Blackzarak21

Neo Member
Neo Samus said:
When my Wife and I went on our honeymoon to Disney World two employees asked us to do a game of "match the prince's with the princess's". If we matched them all correctly we got a "Magic Moment" certificate. We got all of them right (mostly thanks to my wife LOL). IT was really cool.

Cool! I didn't happen upon that when my ex and I went there for our honeymoon but that's pretty cool.

b.e.r.g

hdd_package.jpg

1TB of storage goodness, dedicated only to gaming (mostly Steam) :D

hdd_open.jpg

Unfortunately my retarded pc case couldn't fit it. It has some idiotic "screw less" solutions, so that even though there are room for 2 HDDs, there's just one of those weird plastic things to actually attach the HDDs to. I hate this case, it was just too damn cheap. Noisy as hell and ugly as sin.

I need a new one...

HUELEN10 said:
I hate you so much. :D
Seriously though, that looks amazing, and I am happy for you! Where and how much for this amazing find?

I got it off of ebay for $60 shipped. Everything is in amazing condition, like it was barely ever used. I can't wait to build up a collection for it, going back to play some of those great games again. It's hard to find most games complete though and the prices are a little out of control on more than a few games.

topofuji

Banned
Steven_Jitters said:
I got it off of ebay for $60 shipped. Everything is in amazing condition, like it was barely ever used. I can't wait to build up a collection for it, going back to play some of those great games again. It's hard to find most games complete though and the prices are a little out of control on more than a few games.

Exactly why I quit Ebay-hunting for SNES/PS1/NES games years ago...the prices are just too high for so many of the games, not to mention how hard some are to even appear on Ebay.
Today in 2009 there's so many alternatives to play these games, that the only reason for buying the actual physical copies is for collection reasons.
But how tempted I still am...at least my current collection efforts, focusing on last gen (GCN/PS2 mostly/XB) isn't just for collection purposes, because for the most part a majority of those games are only playable on their home console, no alternatives (except for BC on PS3 for example).

99j3bn.jpg

The 2009 Hyundai Accent, awesome car, much better than my 2000 Plymouth Neon.

14aihe1.jpg

To a lesser extent, I got a new iPod Nano since I lost my old one.

2ebwhhe.jpg

And to an even lesser extent, got Harvest Moon for the Wii. For some reason playing Little King's Story made me really want to grow virtual crops.

topofuji said:
Exactly why I quit Ebay-hunting for SNES/PS1/NES games years ago...the prices are just too high for so many of the games, not to mention how hard some are to even appear on Ebay.
Today in 2009 there's so many alternatives to play these games, that the only reason for buying the actual physical copies is for collection reasons.
But how tempted I still am...at least my current collection efforts, focusing on last gen (GCN/PS2 mostly/XB) isn't just for collection purposes, because for the most part a majority of those games are only playable on their home console, no alternatives (except for BC on PS3 for example).

It's definitely hard in lots of cases but I decided to start collecting about two years ago as opposed to beat and sell, beat and sell like I had done before. I love seeing them all together on the shelf and being able to play them whenever I want. I've also found that if I have to hunt down a complete copy of something on ebay then I enjoy and play it through as opposed to newer games that you can find so easily, I tend to only play a little and quit, telling myself I'll finish it sometime down the line.

The prices are a big deterrent though. I'm a Mega Man fan and even I'm reluctant to lay down the money for a complete copy of Mega Man X3. I haven't seen an complete auction in a while and cartridge only auctions have gone for over $50. Ouch.

5v38lt.jpg

-80GB EU PS3

So good I had to buy it twice :( (not really, one is US, other is my hometown of EU...mainly for BR and DVD, also redundancy when the US one dies, as it is doing now)

Bragarb07

Neo Member
topofuji said:
Where did you import Aquanaut's from?? I've had mine on backorder from Play-Asia for a month now. The Asia (Chinese) version by the way (in full English).
You may have ordered a different version though, something is starting to tell me the Chinese version is out of production...:-\ (the same item is also halting shipment of Yakuza 3 and an extra white DualShock 3)

Also, where did you find the boxed version of Siren? The only one on Play-Asia is the "The best" (Greatest Hits) version and the normal boxed version is sold out.

I bought them off ebay about 1 month and a half ago, arrived last week. The user i think is "Offerhouse", has games of all the zones. The Aquanaut's I think is asian/chinese, same for Siren and Demon's Souls.

topofuji

Banned
Steven_Jitters said:
It's definitely hard in lots of cases but I decided to start collecting about two years ago as opposed to beat and sell, beat and sell like I had done before. I love seeing them all together on the shelf and being able to play them whenever I want. I've also found that if I have to hunt down a complete copy of something on ebay then I enjoy and play it through as opposed to newer games that you can find so easily, I tend to only play a little and quit, telling myself I'll finish it sometime down the line.

The prices are a big deterrent though. I'm a Mega Man fan and even I'm reluctant to lay down the money for a complete copy of Mega Man X3. I haven't seen an complete auction in a while and cartridge only auctions have gone for over $50. Ouch.

I agree, luckily for me I have never done the whole "trading/selling" thing - I find it funny to read so much about people regretting and rebuying years down the line.(although when I was young I would throw out the boxes to all but some of my N64/SNES/Genesis/NES games...I strangely kept all Gameboy boxes though)

Now I just need a proper way to store all my games and boxes on a nice huge wall cabinet/shelf...any ideas guys?

I actually was able to find Mega Man X, Mega Man X2, and Mega Man X3 all mint and complete in around 2001 on Ebay. Each weren't cheap either, but I cringe at how expensive complete, near new copies are today in 2009.
Thanks for reminding me, because I have a friend desperately in need of cash and he has a lot of complete SNES games. Time to start negotiating. :D

Nitemare1

Neo Samus said:
and if look closely, you can see The Conduit to the left. I picked it up a couple of weeks ago but hadn't had a chance to post it
JunePick-up014.jpg

OMG. I thought I was the only person anal enough to store all my games alphabetically.
Well done sir! :)

Bragarb07

Neo Member
woodsey1982 said:
My last pickup's for July....I hope! :lol

Oh, and I also have this on its way from the USA courtesy of the Gaf Candy Swap!
IMG_1217.jpg

DO WANT!!! Any of you guys want to do a Candy Swap? (I live in Argentina). We have alfajores, dulce de leche, the best things on earth

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Nitemare1 said:
OMG. I thought I was the only person anal enough to store all my games alphabetically.
I do that too!

On one long shelf, sorted by system alphabetically then by title.

Bluth54

Nitemare1 said:
I order all of my games and DVDs alphabetically (with the exception of sequels, Excitebots goes after Excitetrucks).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Taborcarn

I bought a used PS2 since I never owned one and went on a bit of an RPG binge. Pic sucks since it was from my phone, but the generic box is Persona 3 FES.

2aihmxy.jpg

TeardropConnors

Neo Member
Bought more games this week than I probably should have, but they where all bargains so I guess it isn't too bad.

DSCF0166.jpg

Hollywood Video $5 sale.

DSCF0167-1.jpg

Super excited about playing both of these.

DSCF0168.jpg

1 terabyte.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ok what camera is that?

Steven_Jitters said:

I remember I got the super nintendo immediately when it came out due to winning some contest as a kid and having money to blow on it - What this picture made me think of is that styrofoam mold that held the console and stuff - I drew bowser's castle and the game's enemies and mario all around the sides of it and made holes for doors and made all the different areas like rooms or levels from the game.

I remember it being really awesome. Amazing what childlike creativity and imagination can do with a ball point pen and a styrofoam container.

Top Bottom