• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Flunkie

Banned
White iPhones? Looks kinda ugly. If it was ALL white, that might be a different story. I think that the iPhones look better in a solid color.

marwan

Banned
DJmizuhara said:
I got my iPhone today and I'm loving it...
16GB White iPhone on Softbank.

DSC00463.jpg

congrats man!

i love the iPhone, but if apple was so cool and hi-tech why doesn't the iPhone still support "mms"(multimedia messaging) and video recording? that's so retarded, i'd have one if it did the above, which every phone nowadays can manage....even the cheapest nokia camera phone records video and does mms!

apple would have easily won me over had the iphone had mms and video.

Parks

Banned
iphonels5.jpg

All in all I had a pretty pleasant experience. My local Apple store had (at least) one thousand iPhones in stock today. There were some activation issues in the morning which caused the line to move incredibly slow at first, but it was manageable. After they gave up trying to activate the new iPhones in store, the line started moving extremely fast. Every customer got a 1 on 1 experience with an employee, which was very pleasant. Every half hour or so the employees would walk around w/ coolers of Smart Water to give away to people in line. I stayed nice and hydrated. I also scored a bunch of free schwag (gift card, samples, etc) from C&C Bigelow next door since they were giving away bags of stuff to people in line. I think my gf will dig that stuff.

I met some cool people in line, one guy was an IT director at JP Morgan Chase. He was fun to talk shop with. There were also some Computer Science undergrads from OSU that I spent a lot of time talking to as well. Lots of geek wisdom was shared. A lot of people had the 2.0 software already on their 1st gen iPhones, so there were a lot of people playing monkey ball this morning. LOTS of people in suits (take that BJ!) which surprised me, haha. There were also some Cupertino folks hanging out as well, and they were pretty cool to talk to. We took turns going next door to grab breakfast/lunch at COSI.

The best part was when I was the next person in line to enter the store this tattooed hipster guy ran up and offered me $100.00 to switch places in line with him. He was about 30 places back. Apparently he was running late for work, so he wanted to get in/out as soon as possible. I immediately took him up on the offer! It was awesome. I ended up getting out of the store w/ my iPhone about a half hour after he did. Easiest $100.00 I have ever made, haha.

-viper-

Banned
ahoyhoy said:
34paphi.jpg

Samsung Series 4 37' 720p. only $798 :)

Such a beautiful product, even when it's not on.
Oh what a coincidence. I just received the same TV today.

Too bad it is downright mediocre. The image quality is awful. I can't stand it. It's so blurry and jaggy too.

Luckily I'm able to return the television to the retailer.

I might just get the Series 5 1080p 37" instead.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
After having a Sega CDX growing up (My brother ended up taking it with him along with mine and his games) I finally found another in good condition. Came with 4 controllers as well.
july08.jpg

Some games I found locally or with the purchase:
july07.jpg

july06.jpg

july05.jpg

Ninja Gaiden 2, Burnout, and NBA Street, got some good deals on them all.
july04.jpg

NES games I got locally...<3 Track n Field.
july03.jpg

Ipod games I bought a few days ago
july02.jpg

WELCOME TO THE ROCK...and parappa the rapper on clearance for 7dollars
july01.jpg

kuYuri

DSC05411.jpg

Amazing deals from Amazon as usual. I'm expecting Batman TAS Season 4 in the new couple of weeks to complete my collection. Sometime next week, I should get my Batman Begins bluray gift set in anticipation of TDK. :D

Also, the camera I use has been unusually blurry for awhile, I really need to figure it out and fix it.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
CoilShot said:
Fix the buttons? What's wrong with the Soul Calibur Arcade Stick buttons? I was about to buy one too :(

The sexual feeling you get from playing on Sanwa/Seimitsu buttons vs the Hori clone buttons is that of legend...

But yea... The buttons are a bit mushy and sometimes nonresponsive. They tend to die out after repeated use too. Easy fix, annoying fix. Better to fix it and have it over and done with.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kintaro said:
WHAT? WHERE ARE THESE? O.O

They should start showing up in stores already...

Play-Asia had them in stock last week and Amazon started shipping them earlier this week...

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Some pickups from today at Book-Off!

2659726971_1be746bf47.jpg

My daughter picked this out, she loves Azumanga Daioh now... she also found this and picked it out...

2660554734_27ff0d9c37.jpg

Dude, I don't remember CDs from 1987... When did CDs pick up here in the US? Anyways, Hokuto No Ken, nuff said...

2659727401_0521e20ae3.jpg

2660555174_474c64d69e.jpg

Dragon Quest monster encyclopedia! 2 hardcover books! $14, I was stoked to see it!

Shalashaska said:
Better late than never.
fbdffn.jpg

99juwg.jpg

2jaguj4.jpg

EBA is so addicting.

If you're worried at all about scratching the touch-screen on your new DS I would get a plastic protector for it. They're like $10 at Best Buy....w/o it you're gonna scratch the hell outta that sexy piece of electronics.

nny

MarkMan said:
Some pickups from today at Book-Off!

2659726971_1be746bf47.jpg

My daughter picked this out, she loves Azumanga Daioh now... she also found this and picked it out...

2660554734_27ff0d9c37.jpg

talk about impecable taste, Azumanga and Hokuto no Ken; you're raising her right :D

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Yea, sometimes I wonder... How many other 6 year olds like to rock out to Ai Wo Torimodose!?!

YOU WA SHOCK!!!

Okay, my sister lost my camera charger, but today I got SGT Frog 10 and a Eva Asuka figure where she's sitting on a wall. I'll post a pic as soon as I can charge my doodah again.

taku

New items accumulated! (Samsung 32" A656, Logitech diNovo Edge, Logitech G9)
2660706857_d72122bc0f_o.jpg

Sorry about the frivolous cellphone picture..

LiK

taku said:
New items accumulated! (Samsung 32" A656, Logitech diNovo Edge, Logitech G9)
2660299701_229cbc1c02_o.jpg

Sorry about the frivolous cellphone picture..

wow, great quality for a cell phone pic. what phone?

taku

LiK said:
wow, great quality for a cell phone pic. what phone?

I'd rather not say. It does however take much better pictures than this. Although, I must say.. the software on it isn't really optimized yet.

asuka.jpg

Bought this from Forbidden Planet. Its really cute!

Shame about the crappy photo, I had to use my phone to take this pic (Sony Erricsons W850i) because my camera battery is out of charge and my sister left the charger at her house >_< So I can't take nice photos right now.

MikeE21286 said:
If you're worried at all about scratching the touch-screen on your new DS I would get a plastic protector for it. They're like $10 at Best Buy....w/o it you're gonna scratch the hell outta that sexy piece of electronics.
I actually put a hori protector on it before I played it. I think you can kinda tell in the picture because the touch screen looks a bit faded.

Echoes

berserkfigure-1.jpg

srw-figure.JPG

ryufigure-1.jpg

ryufigure-2.jpg

balthier-1.jpg

balthier-2.jpg

Berserk (random loot)
SRW (random loot)
Ryu (Capcom VS. SNK 2 figure. Not that much but I'm liking it)
Balthier (pure awesomeness)

cakefoo

disappeared said:
Got this from work. It's a vinyl banner with metal hook holes and everything. If any hardcore Metal Gear collectors want this (for a price), PM me.

2.jpg

Geez, the humidity can't be good for that poster :p

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Echoes said:
balthier-2.jpg

Berserk (random loot)
SRW (random loot)
Ryu (Capcom VS. SNK 2 figure. Not that much but I'm liking it)
Balthier (pure awesomeness)

I love that Balthier pose. Yea he is pure awesomeness.

Oh I bought the MGS4 OST [First Pressing]

DSC05019.jpg

Backflip

Klaxon said:
I bet now nobody wants to break in your house if you put it up on the right spot at the windows. :lol

It's the first thing I did after my sister's boyfriend gave it to me. :lol

Haeleos

2ro3rt0.jpg

Sorry for the bad webcam pic but... Baldur's Gate II CE!!! :D

Temple of Elemental Evil is not as good as I remember it, even with the Co8 patches, but ah well. And a friend sent me the floppy version of TIE Fighter... too bad it's not the CD version though :(

And I went back home for a friend's wedding and found Planescape Torment in a box stowed away in a closet in my old bedroom. Completely forgot I owned it still... Got another copy of Throne of Bhaal since my cd was getting kinda scratched and wanted to play multiplayer with my GF, and got a pretty mint Sam & Max Hit the Road to add to my Sam & Max collection.

I havent really bought many gaming/electronics lately, mainly clothes

Picture016.jpg

2 copies of Tech N9ne's Killer and 1 for my friend [and 3 free Tech t shirts]

Picture009.jpg

nice Jimi Hendrix shirt

Picture018.jpg

La Coka Nostra shirt

Picture070.jpg

La Coka Nostra shirt #2 + a 1 month old iPhone that i bought for $100 to replace my Pocket PC that died

and a new girl but nobody here cares about that

Top Bottom