• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

MickeyPhree

IMG_0057.jpg

Slow month electronic wise

IMG_0059.jpg

but the fish tank makes up for it.

nny said:
the PS2 what? how did the console damage the disc?
I was exaggerating, but my old launch PS2 made a really deep groove on my brand new SMT: DDS disc making it completely unplayable. The rest of the disc is covered with minor scratches. The older XBOX360 DVD drives had similar problems.

nny

archnemesis said:
I was exaggerating, but my old launch PS2 made a really deep groove on my brand new SMT: DDS disc making it completely unplayable. The rest of the disc is covered with minor scratches. The older XBOX360 DVD drives had similar problems.

I have heard of the problem with the 360 scratching discs back then, the PS2 doing this as well was new to me. Out of curiosity (and fear for my discs) were you getting any disc error message or any other sign that something could be wrong or it just happened out of nowhere?

Blablurn

It's funny. While Will Smith looks the same for years now Jeff has quite aged a bit.

but he's still a cool guy. gratz to this special pick-up!

Slow Month for me, getting SC4 when it comes out though. (Sorry for the shitty pic, my digi cam sucks)
300cyh5.jpg

Madden and Enchanted Arms only cost $12 combined.:D

nny said:
I have heard of the problem with the 360 scratching discs back then, the PS2 doing this as well was new to me. Out of curiosity (and fear for my discs) were you getting any disc error message or any other sign that something could be wrong or it just happened out of nowhere?
It had been working perfectly for almost 8 years, so I was really surprised when it happened. I don't think you have anything to be worried about.

MarkMan said:
archnemesis = win

Nice pics too!
Thanks.

JEKKI

pick it up pick it up!!

what up hoe bags?!?!?! I went to CARNEYS today!!

2683846335_1595ac0c52.jpg

it's a restaurant that's shaped like a train!!! I picked me up sum...

2683846457_ba04a6f2eb.jpg

chili dog and chili cheese fries!! they were aiight... I needa go there again so the jury is still out, but initial impressions didnt impress me too much... altho I also admit I wasnt entirely in the mood for chili goodness.

but the part I definitely enjoyed was...

2684661274_438e990bd3.jpg

big azz orange juice!!! loved it loved it!!!

it's july 19 and I've gone thru the whole month without a beard papa pickup... wtheck?!?!?!?!

nny

archnemesis said:
It had been working perfectly for almost 8 years, so I was really surprised when it happened. I don't think you have anything to be worried about.

Thanks for answering; I will always be worried now though :lol

Tarin02543

JEKKI said:
chili dog and chili cheese fries!! they were aiight... I needa go there again so the jury is still out, but initial impressions didnt impress me too much... altho I also admit I wasnt entirely in the mood for chili goodness.

Your chili cheese fries will look and probably smell the same once it will come out of your body again.

rSpooky

I was on vacation with the wife and kids in MA. So I mostly stocked up on Pats and sox stuff.
collection.jpg

DSC_2700.jpg

But I also was able to find some great deals on older games.
DSC_2692.jpg

games.jpg

And this darth vader helmet replica
DSC_2818.jpg

I also got this collection of GBA games , inherited from my mother in law who passed a year ago (due to cancer)
DSC_2823.jpg

Army men Advance
Advance Wars 2: Black hole Rising
Around the world in eighty days
Atari Anniversary Advance
Banjo Kazooie: Grunty’s Revenge
Castlevania
Castlevania: Area of Sorrow
Castlevania:Harmony of Diss
Ct: Special Forces
Dark Arena
Donkey Kong
Doom
Doom II
Dragon Tails-Dragon Adventures
Final Fantasy I&II
Ghouls N ghosts
Golden Sun (2x)
Golden Sun : the lost Age
SD Gundam Force
Hamtaro:Rainbow Rescue
Harvest Moon:Friends of Mineral Town
Harry Potter: Quiddich World Cup
Ice Nice: Trust No One
Justice League Chronicles
Knights Kindom
Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
Lady Sia
Lara Croft Tomb Raider:The Prophecy
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Lord of the Rings:The Fellowship of the Ring
Lord of the Rings:The Third Age
Lilo and Stitch
Lunar Legend
Mario and Luigi:Superstar Saga
Mario Paintball
Medal of Honor:Infiltrator
Mickey’s Magical Quest II
Megaman Zero III
Monster Force
Mortal Kombat:Advance
Pirates of the Caribbean:Curse of the Black Pearl
Pitfall the Lost Expedition
Power Rangers-Dino Thunder
Power Rangers:Ninja Storm
Power Rangers:Time Force
Power Rangers:Wild Force
Sabre Wulf
Saber Wulf (jpn version)
Shining Force
Shining Soul
Shining Soul(jpn version)
Shining Sould II
Sonic Advance
Sonic Advance 3
Sonic Pinball Party
Spyro:Season of Ice (2x)
Spyro Orange:the Cortex Consipracy
Spyro”Attack of the Rhynocs
Super Mario Advance
Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World (2x)
Super Mario Advance 3:Yoshi’s Island
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mariobros 3
The Polar Express
The Powerpuff Girls
The Pinball of the Dead
The Revenge of Shinoby
Van Helsing
WarioWare Inc (2x)
Wolfenstein 3D
Wolverine’s Revenge
XXX
Zelda: The Adventue of Link
Zelda: A link to the Past/Four Swords
Zoids:Legacy
60 in one game ( not working)

Ronin

I had a friend dump a lot of his imports on me since he is leaving for the army. Some if it I already have, but I can't complain about free shit. :lol

Overall a pretty good month.

2330834july.jpg

2330835july2.jpg

2330836july3.jpg

2330837july4.jpg

Yes Boss!

Jumped on the Batman bandwagon last week and got the BD (had it on HDDVD last year but sold it long ago).

begins.jpg

Also, got MonkeyBall last week and just beat it. Took about six hours. I absolutely love it...my third favorite in this breed of game after Kirby Tilt N' Tumble and Pac N' Roll.

Now going for all 110 Crowns and I'm currently at 41. Anybody finding the controls difficult needs to just hang in for an hour or two and it becomes completely natural and intuitive. Also, Using GonGon also helps quite a bit.

monke1.png

monkey2.png

vangace

I think I might pick up a PS2 this week. Never owned any playstation system but there are bunch games i really want to play and at the top of that list is the ICO game.

Gagaman said:
YOU ARSEHOLE YOU GOTTA TAKE A PHOTO OF THE GAME RUNNING DIRECTLY OFF YOUR IPOD AGGAHASGAHASGAHJHAS.

=P

The truth is, you can take pics of apps running directly on the iphone. So these could very well be legit pics of his version running on his iphone.

Yes Boss!

DoctorWho said:
The truth is, you can take pics of apps running directly on the iphone. So these could very well be legit pics of his version running on his iphone.

Indeed they are! Actually my only camera is my iPhone so only option is a screen cap.

Ronin said:

!

The Batman anime is out on Blu Ray? Going to have to pick it up pretty soon, haven't seen any of it. It's by Madhouse right? Should be decent.

Heres my pick ups for this month, taken with the worst camera to ever exist:
vcqww2_th.jpg
:lol
(Unreal Tournament 3, Beautiful Katamari, Bullet Witch, DBZ Burst Limit, Viking, Command and Conquer 3, Conan, Stuntman Ignition)

ibu

This month has been very busy for me...

Love the Sony Ericsson HBH-PV703 headset... very nice and clear sound quality.

n6tbht.jpg

Metal Gear was a launch purchase but not had chance to post it.

The same below with FF:CC. The Special Edition very nice game im liking it.#

33a43gn.jpg

Coming next:

FFIX

Oddworld: Abes Exodus

and Call of Duty 4

Yes I know not many new ones but I have no need of the newer games... Im fleshing out my collection.

ibu

archnemesis said:
neojuly4.jpg

Some music. Joanna Newsom (x3), Xiu Xiu (x5), and The Last Shadow Puppets.

Last Shadow Puppets great album... the certain Mr Turner who wrote that is a good local friend... quality album though

Gagaman

DoctorWho said:
Ah haaaa. That's cool, don't own a iPhone so I didn't know this. =)

Swap Meet, $10. Works like a champ.
IMG_2486.jpg

List: Battletoads ($5), Mega Man 2 ($10), Super Mario 2 ($5), Little Nemo ($15), Super Mario 3 ($15)
IMG_2484.jpg
IMG_2483.jpg

(Left image is resized, you're not tripping :lol)

Top Bottom