• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

lx4

pict0319bs2.jpg

Popful Mail for the SEGA CD;

SP_A0334.jpg

MUSHA Aleste for the Megadrive;

SP_A0332.jpg

And The Humans & New Zealand Story for the Megadrive;

SP_A0331.jpg

Been looking for The Humans for quite some time, haven't played it since I had me very first PC well over a decade ago :)

Blablurn said:
Just bought some PSN stuff:

28v4ks3.jpg

Just for the Trophies to be honest :/

You may have bought the game for trophies but it is well worth the purchase. I love this game. It's more fun than Geo Wars. I am waiting anxiously for Geo Wars 2 though!

Fireflu said:
Wow, I had no idea Thomas Newman composed the score to Wall.E, That gives me even more of a reason to pick this up now. Care to say where you got it??

I bought it at Rasputin Records in San Francisco (bought it on the way home), but you can get it pretty much anywhere.

SnowWolf said:
Are you serious? T60s are awesome, I love mine.
I have to agree all we use at the job are IBM's. I have a T43 and should be getting upgraded to the T61 this month. The Lenovo's series are probably the most solid pieces of a equipment that I've ever used. My laptop has been through some bangs in airports and it holds up very well.

Vorador

Banned
Well, after a crappy day at work (the array stripe of one of our servers went to hell today, had to work overtime in order to setup a substitute system based on a backup) i went to a cheapo 2º hand store in order to see if i could fish something interesting.

22072008157.jpg

The Condemned 2 was really cheap (39€ for a factory sealed game, i couldn't resist after trying the demo and finding it enjoyable) and both Gran Turismo was 5 € each, although they're in pretty bad shape :/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Condemned 2 is bottom 5 on PS3, seriously. I just had to throw up after playing it.

PopfulMail

Bootaaay said:
Popful Mail for the SEGA CD;
SP_A0334.jpg
Excellent!!

1-2.jpg

2-3.jpg

Also downloaded Super Stardust HD, Golf:Tee It Up and Puzzle Quest. Outside of 1942 and whatever else may hit XBLA or PSN... I'm pretty much done for the month.

Vorador

Banned
Seiken said:
Condemned 2 is bottom 5 on PS3, seriously. I just had to throw up after playing it.

After beating the first mission, i have to say i disagree. Maybe you felt sick because of the exaggerated bobbling this game has, but i'm liking it so far.

JEKKI

the mailman came!

I got sum new CDs and a new t shirt...

99gke8.jpg

anybody like HIP-HOP?!?!?!

brand new Rock (Heltah Skeltah/Boot Camp Clik) and Opio (Souls of Mischief/Hieroglyphics)

Silicon Knight said:
Wow, people are actually willing to pay those ass-rape prices they handle for Blu-Rays here in Holland?

We don't have much choice, now do we?

I mean, I want my Dutch subtitles and I want my blu-rays the day they are released.

I, by the way, bought me a Logitech Z-5500 today. It's awesome, but it would like the sound to be a bit more clear or sharp. I will fiddle around with the settings a bit more.

Tokubetsu

JEKKI said:
the mailman came!

I got sum new CDs and a new t shirt...

99gke8.jpg

anybody like HIP-HOP?!?!?!

brand new Rock (Heltah Skeltah/Boot Camp Clik) and Opio (Souls of Mischief/Hieroglyphics)

Where'd you get the shirt?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Well, crazy month here... I've bought also another Wii Remote from PlayAsia thanks to that huge deal they had ($23 for Gameorganizer(lol)+Wii Remote) and today ordered Metal Slug 7 for DS on YesAsia.

I've also bough PES Wii on June 28 :p

I've finally tracked down a copy of RE4 Wii last week for €15, I'm glad I've waited then; same thing for Nanostray 2, glad I've waited since $19US seems a fair price, $34 not so much :p

I've yet to open GG Wii and Odin Sphere Ps2, Shiren is my first Mystery Dungeon game and I'm so happy I've bought it and the fact I've paid just £5 from Game.co.uk (same for GG) makes it even sweetier :D

Rlan

PopfulMail said:
Excellent!!

1-2.jpg

Also downloaded Super Stardust HD, Golf:Tee It Up and Puzzle Quest. Outside of 1942 and whatever else may hit XBLA or PSN... I'm pretty much done for the month.

The fabled PlayStation Network Card! I have only ever heard whispers of their existence, only when a rainbow blooms in a clear sky do they ever appear.

Ledsen

Demonracer999 said:

YES! Welcome to the "We Are Almost As Crazy As Fallout Fans" club of Watchmen maniacs :D

Oh, and read it AT LEAST twice to begin with. Then read up on all the references, plot intricacies and hidden stuff that you didn't get (probably most of it). You will join us!

this is assuming you haven't read it before and bought it because of the trailer

Ledsen said:
YES! Welcome to the "We Are Almost As Crazy As Fallout Fans" club of Watchmen maniacs :D

Oh, and read it AT LEAST twice to begin with. Then read up on all the references, plot intricacies and hidden stuff that you didn't get (probably most of it). You will join us!

this is assuming you haven't read it before and bought it because of the trailer

Read it years ago. Lost my copy. Got it in the mail last week before the trailer premiered. :)

Jason

Birthday month continues. Cell phone pics ahead...

julyagain1.jpg

Castle Shikigami 2 - can't get past 3-1 :|

julyagain2.jpg

Logitech G9 Laser Mouse

julyagain3.jpg

Sennheiser HD555

julyagain4.jpg

Boa - Tall Snake EP, Chi's Sweet Home OP, Sarasa Ifu - Doko Sona + Karakuri Colorful Vision

julyagain5.jpg

Caroline - Where's My Love + Murmurs

julyagain6.jpg

Mclusky - Undress for Success 7", Chokebore - Strangelines EP

julyagain7.jpg

Kaiba Vol. 1 + Soundtrack

sikkinixx

My newest toy! YAY! It finally arrived. Pretty nice little unit, a tad expensive but still nice. The . key is too small, as are the arrow keys. But it feels so solid and runs so smooth. Nice little 1.6ghz Atom, 1GB Ram, 80GB HDD, nice 10" 1024x600 screen. It's alll good. Can't wait to hack OS X onto it later on :D

MSIWind003.jpg

MSIWind002.jpg

MSIWind001.jpg

Excuse the pic quality. My old ass Canon.

Jason

archnemesis said:
Is "Where's My Love" an EP or a single? Does it have any tracks that aren't on the Murmurs album?

It's a single. Tracklist is Where's My Love, Where's My Love (Magical Mix) and Time Swells (which is a non-album track).

glaurung

Lots of stuff this month, vacation and everything.

july_loot.jpg

Also got a brand new Odin Sphere for PS2, GRiD and Stranglehold for the 360, a friend gave me an early birthday present - a MGS4 t-shirt.

Rolf NB

Round three.

eqqfco.jpg

Now with added weight! I'm looking forward to putting more strain on the tendons in my wrists!

Also,
2extx88.jpg

Building a better bridge, hopefully. Ever since I added a fancy-shmancy Linksys access point (w integrated modem so no mods for now), my two DD-WRT bridges started freaking out every few days and I need to reset everything.
This one, unlike one of the old bridges, is compatible with Tomato firmware, so we'll see where it goes from here.

-viper-

Banned
ratchety276.jpg

Samsung LE37A558
snv33520_copy381.jpg

It looks HUGE in person. Maybe a little too big. Perhaps I should've got the 32 inch version? Naah.. I'll just keep it.

LiK

-viper- said:
It looks HUGE in person. Maybe a little too big. Perhaps I should've got the 32 inch version? Naah.. I'll just keep it.

gonna take off those fugly stickers?

maxax

29funom.jpg

Pretty much just stocking up on old-ish PS3 games. Mostly played Virtua Fighter since it's the only fighter I'm even remotely good at, but hot damn, Burnout is also pretty amazing. Got it for 25€, that's a steal!

b.e.r.g

sikkinixx said:
My newest toy! YAY! It finally arrived. Pretty nice little unit, a tad expensive but still nice. The . key is too small, as are the arrow keys. But it feels so solid and runs so smooth. Nice little 1.6ghz Atom, 1GB Ram, 80GB HDD, nice 10" 1024x600 screen. It's alll good. Can't wait to hack OS X onto it later on :D

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj9/sikkinixxkixx/MSIWind003.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj9/sikkinixxkixx/MSIWind002.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj9/sikkinixxkixx/MSIWind001.jpg

Excuse the pic quality. My old ass Canon.
Very neat! Think I'll go for the EEE myself couse of the price, but still kick ass stuff ;)
What will you mostly use it for? Fun? Work? Games? How far have you pushed it?

This month, I decided to upgrade my setup's sound department.

gaming-08-jul-01.jpg

Axiom M50 v2 x 2

gaming-08-jul-02.jpg

The speaker without its grille.

gaming-08-jul-03.jpg

Yamaha RX-V663

The overall result is here. :)

Also...

gaming-08-jul-04.jpg

trancekr said:
The Dark Knight: Featuring Production Art and Full Shooting Script (Hardcover)
2696192750_13797ae6e7.jpg

2695388163_c601ce0da5.jpg

and the special edition OST
2696196312_025a431744.jpg
Holy shit. That's awesome! I may just have to buy it. Thank you for letting me know of its existence.

I'm mainly wanting it for the script--is it formatted as such? I've always wanted to know what movie scripts looked like/how they're written. (I'm guessing it's an obvious "yes," though, right? :D)

Grecco

This is technically a May pickup. A good friend of mine went to Japan and i gave him some money to get me something. Specifically this
PIC-0067-1.jpg

Yeah its the Gyakutensaiban artbook :)

Also some other stuff i picked up this month,

Master of Illusions DS 7.99
Final Fantasy VI GBA 7.99
Beutiful Katamari X360 7.99
Rayman Raving Rabbids X360 7.99

and Apollo Justice DS

sikkinixx

b.e.r.g said:
Very neat! Think I'll go for the EEE myself couse of the price, but still kick ass stuff ;)
What will you mostly use it for? Fun? Work? Games? How far have you pushed it?

Well the EEE 901, which is pretty comparable spec wise to this thing, is actually more expensive which is partially why I went with the Wind. The keyboard, which is 92% the size of a full size I believe, really makes this thing great. It's so much easier than the little one my old EEE 701 had.

It's main function is for notes in Unversity but for travel and such as well. I haven't tried too many games as of yet. Anything 3-D won't work too great. I heard Quake 4 gets 2fps! So far though I have Starcraft, Diablo II, Fallout 2 and Peggle on it. I wanna get Heroes of Might and Magic II/III on here but I need to find a good no cd hack or else they are useless to me.

Top Bottom