• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

permutated said:
Neogaf elitism at it's worst, it's an internet thread, big deal lets get insanely rude about nothing.

Gotta hate those people who can read lording it over you illiterates. Damn elitists.

verio said:
Bravo!

Thanks for reading the OP.

I don't have time to take pictures of stuff I've purchased...too busy fucking enjoying it or doing something else...

SIP YEK NOD said:
Gotta hate those people who can read lording it over you illiterates. Damn elitists.

You know man, it's not about that, he could have just said "No stock pics" and I would have taken it down.

Instead, basic Gaf elitism about nothing, being rude to people you've never met.

Whatever though, moving on.

Vorador

Banned
permutated said:
The stupidity coming out of Gaf tonite is just amazing.

Last post on this thread. Peace.

Hey, it's in the first post, in bold letters. But oh, whatever, we're stupid and rude.

Keio Flying Squadron for the MegaCD;

SP_A0318.jpg

Cobra Command, Sol-Feace & Soul Star for the MegaCD;

SP_A0319.jpg

Marble Maddness, Mutant League Football, Shining in the Darkness & Talmits Adventure for the Megadrive;

SP_A0316.jpg

Plus, Captain America & the Avengers and Death & Return of Superman;

SP_A0317.jpg

LiK

Kuran said:
http://www.wimtubbax.be/archive/etrian.jpg

The third of the Etrian Odyssey figurines. I love these![/QUOTE]

what's the figure on the left called?, i didn't even know about it!

McBacon said:
Are these from car boot sales? If so, you get pretty lucky!

Some are from ebay, some from 2nd hand shops and some are from forum trades - although, ebays usually my last resort for any exceptionally rare games, but you can still find a few bargains.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Got a brand new 360 Elite in place of the one I bought yesterday. Guess I should have just bought it new to begin with.

Kuran

Banned
LiK said:
what's the figure on the left called?, i didn't even know about it!

Treasure Figure Collection - Labyrinth of Yggdrasil 1/8 Scale PVC Figure: Medic Girl

The great irony is that I still don't have my Etrian Odyssey 2.. I got really unlucky with that one... its on its way now.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I ask that all mods reading this thread help uphold it's rules (just like any other thread). Can we do something about this in the future?

I'd like to post something like stock images = ban in the title or something ;)

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
MarkMan said:
I ask that all mods reading this thread help uphold it's rules (just like any other thread). Can we do something about this in the future?

Is it really a huge deal? It's not like the monthy threads are bombarded by stock images anymore. A couple slip in, big whoop.

joelseph

Kintaro said:
Is it really a huge deal? It's not like the monthy threads are bombarded by stock images anymore. A couple slip in, big whoop.

But the kids do it because they can get away with it. The only thing they fear is the ban.

Amankhan

Kuran said:
Treasure Figure Collection - Labyrinth of Yggdrasil 1/8 Scale PVC Figure: Medic Girl

Love the figures. Where did you purchase them from? Most of the places I know of online who sell them are out of stock.

LiK

Kuran said:

The great irony is that I still don't have my Etrian Odyssey 2.. I got really unlucky with that one... its on its way now.

thanks for the info, looks like the medic girl is completely gone. probably came out a while back. oh well...

From left to right:

Scrooge McDuck album by Don Rosa, Toy Story 2, F-Zero, Lylat Wars for N64, Theme Park for SNES, Darth Stewie bobblehead, Admiral Ackbar bust (limited), Buzzz Lightyear Bobblehead, 5 Zelda Gashapon figures (who wants my other 14 Sailor Dudes ;P)

2lnj043.png

Yes Boss! said:
Yeah, email them. I believe it was your post about Target/Amazon that led me to order from them. Did so Friday and it arrived today (Monday). They never did issue a tracking number but did notify about a shipment.
Well they didn't have it in stock anymore (sad face), but they're going to give me a refund.

Anyways I gots myself the Angel boxset, unfortunatly it seems to be missing the letter Joss Whedon wrote inside. Cloverfield and Batman Blu Ray and some nice DS Castlevania.

IMG_03061.jpg

Some of this was the very very end of last month (the Xbox)

S5002199.jpg

Xbox 360 Pro ($299) with 1yr Xbox Live w/ Vision Cam

S5002198.jpg

Xbox 360 games

S5002200.jpg

Two Wireless Controllers (1 came with Xbox) plus a Wireless Receiver for the PC

S5002201.jpg

Very very very lttp but Twilight Princess for GCN and Metal Gear Acid 2 for PSP

S5002205.jpg

Got a second set of triggers for my other Dualshock

Should be getting in a Dreamcast VGA box today or tomorrow from Ebay to

Yes Boss!

Been waiting a long time for this to come to North America. Also included a picture of the Wii collection and I've now got more third-party games than first-party -- a first for any Nintendo system for me and speaks volumes about how robust the catalog is...all this week's Wii haters need to disappear.

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

Quake1028

MarkMan said:

I've said this before, and while I think that this thread is great each month, and have nothing against you personally, you can't really make any forum rules. Therefore, posting stock images isn't going to get anyone suspended or banned and I doubt a mod would care about it.

zoku88

Gloomfire said:
I've said this before, and while I think that this thread is great each month, and have nothing against you personally, you can't really make any forum rules. Therefore, posting stock images isn't going to get anyone suspended or banned and I doubt a mod would care about it.
Well, it would prolly fall under the not reading OP thing... Since this thread is about showing (real) pictures...

YagizY

Yes Boss! said:
Been waiting a long time for this to come to North America. Also included a picture of the Wii collection and I've now got more third-party games than first-party -- a first for any Nintendo system for me and speaks volumes about how robust the catalog is...all this week's Wii haters need to disappear.

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

What does Wii Love Golf do that Mario Golf Toadstool Tour doesn't? I'm asking because I'm interested in this game but just bought Mario Gold: TT for the GC.

DEO3

Woo, just got all my stuff!

Intel e8400
ATI HD4870
DFI Lanparty DK P35-T2RS
4GB DDR2 800

I'm now running the CPU at 4052Ghz (a 33% increase!) after a quick and dirty overclock. I'll be seeing just how far this thing can go in the coming days.

As for the 4870, rediculous. It just keeps asking for more. I loaded up Oblivion and set everything to high - 60fps. I enabled HDR with 4xAA and 16xAF through the Catalyst Control Center - 60 fps. Adaptive Antialiasing - 60fps. I started downloading mods, Natural Habitat - 60 fps, Open Cities - 60 fps, Quarl's Texture Pack - 60 fps, I don't even know what to do anymore. This was a game that was nearly unplayable on my previous system (AMD Opteron 146 @ 2.8Ghz, Nvidia 7800GT) - now it's like I've kicked it in the nuts and am standing there laughing at it as it rolls on the ground in pain. Take that, bitch!

LiK

i hate sales, they just make me buy more ;)

360 games + 1 Wii game
360games.jpg

Asian version of Initial D and UK version of FF:CC
initialcrisis.jpg

milkham

Flock said:
August is my birthday month, this can be a gift from neogaf. Please.

haha I came in on the last page and when I saw this I thought someone posted a stock ticker showing how much their google stock went up.

Some awesome JP Megadrive imports, firstly - Elemental Master;

SP_A0324.jpg

Twinkle Tale;

SP_A0325.jpg

UndeadLine;

SP_A0326.jpg

Assault Suit Leynos, Rockman Mega World (the PAL version was so ridiculousley expensive, I had to import) & Whip Rush;

SP_A0329.jpg

ThunderForce II & III;

SP_A0327.jpg

SplatterHouse 2 & Truxton;

SP_A0330.jpg

Ravenn17

DEO3 said:
Woo, just got all my stuff!

Intel e8400
ATI HD4870
DFI Lanparty DK P35-T2RS
4GB DDR2 800

I'm now running the CPU at 4052Ghz (a 33% increase!) after a quick and dirty overclock. I'll be seeing just how far this thing can go in the coming days.

As for the 4870, rediculous. It just keeps asking for more. I loaded up Oblivion and set everything to high - 60fps. I enabled HDR with 4xAA and 16xAF through the Catalyst Control Center - 60 fps. Adaptive Antialiasing - 60fps. I started downloading mods, Natural Habitat - 60 fps, Open Cities - 60 fps, Quarl's Texture Pack - 60 fps, I don't even know what to do anymore. This was a game that was nearly unplayable on my previous system (AMD Opteron 146 @ 2.8Ghz, Nvidia 7800GT) - now it's like I've kicked it in the nuts and am standing there laughing at it as it rolls on the ground in pain. Tak
e that, bitch!

How's that Mobo? I noticed it's rated pretty highly on New Egg, and I'm looking for a mobo in that price range.

"all i need is the bare minimum to play spore", i said. "nothing fancy. the cheapest you got."
2ql8uh5.jpg

i know, i know. def jam icon sucks. well, i like hip hop and it was 8 bucks brand new
strangely, i think the incredibly slow and stiff gameplay gives a certain charm to the game
oh, and that tekken 5 was 9 bucks brand new
2ebtrf9.jpg

flea market (a.k.a. heaven on earth) pick ups
kdpm2o.jpg

kay-bee toys was closing it doors forever. i got this for 2 bucks and some change
n38ar7.jpg

july's been a good month :) - ive been after OOP ds games for some reason.
15ysv9z.jpg

last but not least, we ventured into a new part of town last weekend & i got this from a place called "MovieStop" - apparently a gamestop affiliate. didnt even know there was such a thing
2rfegwl.jpg

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Ratchet & Clank from the trade thread; Medieval from a co-worker:
S6302520.png

21 discs of John Ford from Amazon. Opening this behemoth is amazing; one of the most incredible DVD releases I've ever seen:
S6302521.png

Top Bottom