• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

SaitoH

Replaced my tower speakers with a set of compact Polk Audio. Quite pleased with the audio quality and most importantly, the size.

dsc00814334.jpg

Couple of PS2 games I meant to pick up:

dsc00855194.jpg

Finally decided to go Plasma and purchased a Panasonic PZ85u.

newtv870.jpg

Expensive month. Now I just need a new TV stand!

Blackface

Banned
AranhaHunter said:
What kind of dog is that?

Olde English Bulldogge (not the fat type

samson1a.JPG

X

Boston Terrier

U.BostonTerrier..jpg

This is what we were told. However the Vet looked at her, and thought she was an Olde English Bulldogge X Pitbull or Staffordshire terrier. Since we rescued her from a puppy mill, he said it was a common they lie about dogs bred with pits or Amstaff's because both of those breeds are illegal in Ontario.

It doesn't really matter to me either way, but she is older now and looks way more like a Staffordshire terrier then either of the two dogs they said she was mixed with.

Timo

sykoex said:
You could have saved yourself money and gotten korg ds

does the korg ds have a vocoder or a keyboard attachment at all? i wanted something actual and substantial. i was tired of emulation and shit, I wanted something with some ass.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
dsc00855194.jpg

That Onimusha 3 cover made me realize how much better the PAL version looked:

589770_40652_front.jpg

Incredible game anyway, enjoy it.

zmet

SaitoH said:
Finally decided to go Plasma and purchased a Panasonic PZ85u.

newtv870.jpg

Expensive month. Now I just need a new TV stand!
Nice! I bought a plasma (42" Panasonic PZ80U) two months ago and fell in love with the picture quality immediately. The funny thing is that when I visit friends who have LCDs, I'm kinda disappointed by the PQ. I guess that's what steered me towards a plasma display in the first place.:D

GxlY6nHwH6HII0MWXJ5j7Zirhzabs9DhZUGqoljf5nKW4BC-2tnyPjTxhYzpFLMC4wOiF9TFx0jO-TdBdtYJmP95QvN8bx1F6Fn6353x4Bo

Samurai Spirits: Rokuban Shoubu - Jpn PS2

SUPREME1

Banned
As some of you know, the wife and I have been working on paying off our debt... in which we have made enormous strides. We've done very well for several months and are on track to accomplisg our goals in a timely fashion.

With that said, A month ago I told my wife that I would be receiving a bonus from work... I got her to agree to let me blow it in whatever manner I'd like. I reminded her that I've been wanting a new receiver for over a year now and she agreed that it would be a tolerable purchase.

So, here is what I picked up this passed Saturday:

Pioneer VSX 1018AH-K

&
Polk RTi8 (pair)

Keep in mind that I got ridiculous deals on this and it was all paid upfront.

EDIT: I'm at work, but I WILL post actual pics later. Because nobody wants to see pics you can find on GOOGLE, right? :D

Thanks for the heads up, SaitoH!!!

SaitoH

Seiken said:
That Onimusha 3 cover made me realize how much better the PAL version looked:
Incredible game anyway, enjoy it.

Damn, that is a lot nicer.

ImperialConquest: You may want to read the original post.

JEKKI

I needa make my pictures more interesting, so I got the assist from my homegirl... Maya Fey

2qa8yeg.jpg

also got a crazy phat study manual!!

288a34l.jpg

boooooooooo~!!!!

Blablurn

Nice one, markman. damn!

@thread:

I sold my Wii and bought a 360. One of my best decisions ever!

vxgq6p.jpg

It's a Standard 20GB Premium SKU. Bought a second controller as well.

2hzp9nq.jpg

My first games. Still waiting for Mass Effect, Kameo, Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and Bioshock which I ordered this week.

adzty0.jpg

My new dream team :)

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
No pictures yet, but i did pick up the PAL MGS4 LE from Play.com

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I picked up Final Fantasy Tactics PSP, PAIN and Pixeljunk Monsters yesterday. I need to find my camera... =(

sikkinixx

Kintaro said:
I picked up Final Fantasy Tactics PSP, PAIN and Pixeljunk Monsters yesterday. I need to find my camera... =(

Excellent choice despite the laggy gameplay. Improved translation is incredible (though the original still has it's charm)

MoxManiac

funkmastergeneral said:
badgameisbad.jpg

Another game horribly overrated by GAF, much like Etrian Odessey. Why do you guys like such bad games? Hopefully I can get a decent amount of my 40 bucks back on ebay.

What? EO is amazing.

Reilly

Darkener2 said:
http://xs229.xs.to/xs229/08305/dsc00018988.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://xs229.xs.to/xs229/08305/dsc00019138.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://xs229.xs.to/xs229/08305/dsc00020285.jpg[IMG]
I needed a new HTS for my bedroom... (Sony SS-2300) I also bought a new 1TB HDD for my PC...[/QUOTE]

What Bravia is that? XBR4?

zmet said:
Nice! I bought a plasma (42" Panasonic PZ80U) two months ago and fell in love with the picture quality immediately. The funny thing is that when I visit friends who have LCDs, I'm kinda disappointed by the PQ. I guess that's what steered me towards a plasma display in the first place.:D

GxlY6nHwH6HII0MWXJ5j7Zirhzabs9DhZUGqoljf5nKW4BC-2tnyPjTxhYzpFLMC4wOiF9TFx0jO-TdBdtYJmP95QvN8bx1F6Fn6353x4Bo

Samurai Spirits: Rokuban Shoubu - Jpn PS2

Hey, I'm thinking of picking up the Panasonic plasma.

I've heard good things about it...

But when I checked it out in the store, it didn't seem to be a huge improvement over the other LCDs? I was really surprised.

Could Best Buy just have their crap hooked up horribly?

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
CoilShot said:
Whoa... How in the world does this sset work with rock band?

:lol It doesn't. But I wouldn't have bought it if it weren't for that game.

I spent all day trying to think of some witty comment to go with the picture, that's the best I had.

maskrider

Vito said:
Where did you managed to get it? Also can you please check if the jpn. version has an all english setting like th asian supposedly does?

1. Some local import store.

2. Haven't played much than the 1st chapter, didn't notice English settings in options, the menu items are in English, but Japanese in everything else so far. I spent most of my time on SC4 so couldn't help much.

Spruchy

Manp said:
Can you elaborate please?

Its a fun (even more so if you enjoy naruto) game that gets way too much backlash. Its major shortcoming is its length in that it covers only very early of the anime when there was so much more available at the time. Don't let the haters make you regret a solid purchase.

Manp

Spruchy said:
Its a fun (even more so if you enjoy naruto) game that gets way too much backlash. Its major shortcoming is its length in that it covers only very early of the anime when there was so much more available at the time. Don't let the haters make you regret a solid purchase.

it's not the haters. i played 3 or 4 hours of it and while i like the free roaming gameplay and quests i hate the fighting. and i enjoy Naruto btw.

:)

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
I'm too lazy to start tearing apart my already messy room for my digital camera, but I'm told my first pickup is a treasure. :)

Shin Megami Tensei : Nocturne (PS2, $50 used, no case or manual)
Shadow Hearts : Covenant (PS2, $18 used)
Batallion Wars 2 (Wii, $25 used)
+10% Member Card (my local EBGames is great) + 20% off coupon (Thank you CAG!)
-----------------------------
$70.46 with tax

And then the same night I ordered Steambot Chronicles (PS2) for $10+ shipping online. :)

vanguardian1

Euphor!a said:
Umm... aren't they selling new copies for like $45?

I was told repeatedly to grab a copy if I saw it, so I did (and was unaware of there being a reprinting).

Oh well, I got it, and for $35, so it's not a real loss.

vanguardian1

funkmastergeneral said:
probably due to douche bags buying 10 copies as an investment.

Like the original Disgaea before it's reprinting? (I got it as a gift, the person paid $70 for it while other ebay auctions managed to hit 90-100 bucks)

Anyways, I got it, so at least I don't have to worry about it. :)

Top Bottom