• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
classic.jpg

alien.jpg

oot.jpg

WEGGLES

that1dude24 said:
ibt2MO.jpg

Replacement for my dead 5770, OCs pretty well.

iby3VE.jpg

I held off on buying Little big planet for a while, but I'm hooked now. I'll have to get LBP2 one of these days. The tube screamer sounds great, the pick does too. Took them forever to ship the pick though.
Isn't LBP one of the free games from the PSN downtime?

WEGGLES

that1dude24 said:
Got wipeout/infamous instead. Plus, it was cheaper to grab it on amazon than buy the dlc.
Ah, good stuffs.

I got the same 2 games :) (and then sold my disc copy of inFamous at a garage sale)

GodfatherX said:
man as much as i want these, the packaging is really bad, especially compared to the dvd extended editions

Enjoy the DVD's then?

I find this collection much better organized and takes less room for me. I also want the films in HD.

Gvaz

Banned
My dad has it in person, it's fine but half the extras are in DVD format

they could have saved tons of disks by just putting it all on blurays

Digital-Hero said:
Enjoy the DVD's then?

I find this collection much better organized and takes less room for me. I also want the films in HD.
didn't mean that as an insult, and i'll probably bite as I also want them in HD

Solemn Nomad said:
:O Well you've scared me out of getting a wrist rest.

Do get yourself a mouse surface, though. I have the exact same mouse on what appears to be a similar if not exact same desk and when I finally caved and bought a mouse mat, I resented myself for mousing on the table for so many years. I recommend a SteelSeries QcK mouse mat. It's pretty much as basic as they come, but I love the size and thickness of it.

GBONZZZZ

So, in honor of my account just being activated, I decided to take some pictures of my favorite purchases over the last 5-6 months or so.

220qv4.jpg

Forgetting Sarah Marshall (BlockBuster closing sale)
X-Men Trilogy
Inception Collectors Edition
Sucker Punch
The Departed
Community: Season 1
Skins: Season 1, 3 and 4 (still need season 2)

Winnipeg Jets snapback (Where I'm from)
Los Angeles Lakers snapback

537fgj.jpg

WWE All Stars
Mass Effect 2
Killzone 3

29ptgyh.jpg

Preacher books 1 and 2

2rqghtg.jpg

2003 Honda Element

Not pictured:
- 16GB iPhone 4, bought it used so I don't have a box.. Also, received a new one from the Apple Store after the person I bought it off failed to inform me her hold button was broken
- One week trip to Mexico during the harsh Winnipeg winter.

Ikkarus

ObnoxiousZebra said:
and these just arrived a second ago
nd9cgi.jpg
Where did you buy the Valkyria Chronicles2 art book from?
I was going to buy it on Play Asia until I discovered the postage costs were almost the same as the book. :(

Ikkarus said:
Where did you buy the Valkyria Chronicles2 art book from?
I was going to buy it on Play Asia until I discovered the postage costs were almost the same as the book. :(

Play-Asia, lol. The shipping was quite steep but it arrived in perfect condition so I'm happy.

Spwn

IMG_3796.jpg

PSP-3004 Pearl White
Patapon 2
Persona 3 Portable Collector's Edition

Finally got myself a PSP and been playing P3P almost 20h so far. Loving it!

Alice: Madness Returns

Sam & Max: Surfin' the Highway
Ordered from Telltale's website from their awesome sale.

Lourio

Some of my pickups for the month. Don't mind the IPhone pics :p

Beast Wars Season 1 <3! Surprised to see no one else has picked this up!
photo3.jpg

SFIV:AE
photo2.jpg

This is for you _dementia, both sides of the manual
photo1.jpg

And a new Optimus! <3!
photo.jpg

More to come.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Another good day. Better than yesterday, even!

First up, Kara no Shoujo for PC

d0lp.jpg

It's a visual novel that's really dark and violent. Kinda like 999 without the puzzles. There's some sex in there, too, but it's hardly the focus and apparently it doesn't even seem out of place. Haven't played it, so that's just hearsay. Anyway, I really love VNs, so I figured I'd give this one a shot... I hope to God it's more 999 than Bible Black... :-/

And then:

ns0xj.jpg

Yes, Donpachi is sealed. Got the PS1 version cuz this was before Cave games had intentional slowdown, and the PS1 version removes the slowdown the arcade version had. It also bumps up the audio quality. Sounds like the better version to me!

Bought Bebop at Amazon because Best Buy is stupid and doesn't have it in-store.

I also got a twitter account (@Chacranajxy), but I have no followers because I am lame :(

It's just like in the real world :(

Bryan1321

Banned
Finally picked up a 3DS the outer cameras didnt work, and since i bough it in USA (im from mexico) the warranty isnt valid so, yeah a kick in the balls, aside from that im happy with it

2damu8i.jpg

Also a couple of blurays, avatar for 15 bucks was deal enough for me

2ytxzma.jpg

Adamator

noneofexion said:
Picked up my copy yesterday - mine has the same exact misprint. Users on SRK are reporting the same thing on their copies too, it seems to be an NTSC/U thing only... odd!

What's the misprint? I don't see it.

Chairhome

JohnnyPhatsaqs said:
Picked up SSFIV Arcade Edition for 360 and got a misprint. Miiiiight wait and see how widespread this is before I open it ;)

SSFIVAE-Misprint.jpg

noneofexion said:
Picked up my copy yesterday - mine has the same exact misprint. Users on SRK are reporting the same thing on their copies too, it seems to be an NTSC/U thing only... odd!
Its for all of North America, apparently, so I wouldn't count on waiting for it to increase in value. Capcom addressed this, saying that they'll have new cover art released (as a digital file, so you can print it yourself) by artgerm (the guy who did the new art for SFIII 3S OE) for ps3 (even though they're not affected) and 360 users.
Link.
capcom_unity said:
We recently received our samples of Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition here in the office, and discovered that for some of the units, the packaging for the Xbox 360 version were incorrectly printed as Xbox instead (without the “360” part). We apologize for the confusion this may cause. Please rest assured that the product inside is for Xbox 360 and will play on the system.

In addition, we would like to make amends with an added bonus for fans – we will have a new box front image we’ve commissioned by artist Stanley “Artgerm” Lau (who recently redid character art for us on Street Fighter 3: Third Strike - Online Edition). We will have more information about this new cover (including an image) in an upcoming post very soon.

Since we’ll be making the artwork available as a digital file, that you’ll be able to print out on any color printer or at your local Fedex Kinko’s, even if your copy isn’t affected, you’ll get the benefit.

PS3 owners, even though the printer didn’t mess your version up, we haven’t forgotten about you either. We’ll have a PS3 version of the new cover for you guys too.

Thanks guys for your understanding, and we will get that information out soon.

Adamator said:
What's the misprint? I don't see it.

Look at what system its for

Adamator

Mithos said:
One movie spans 2 discs or full movie on one disc?

The movies are on 2 discs, just like the DVD Editions. 2 more discs for each movies' appendices and then a 5th disc in each movie for the Costa Botes Documentaries. (Which are the only thing I have never seen before.)

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
These were B1G1 50% Off at Toys R Us; figured I'd go ahead and get both, and then return the sealed copy with my receipt from my Walmart purchase a couple weeks ago.

5885171819_ebdbce0c6c_z.jpg

This was $9 shipped from a 3rd party Amazon seller. Best part? I ordered it at ~4pm yesterday, and it got here by 1pm today. :eek: ... Now to figure out how to get it working with my Steam copy of the base game...

5885742338_c8fe6383a1_z.jpg

More $15.99 pricematches. I might return Asphalt, though. I figured I'd grab it while I was there, but it might be going back in the next few days. I'd keep in it a second for under $10, though. Splinter Cell, however, is a lot of fun so long as your expectations are kept in check.

5885745280_fb00b384a0_z.jpg

I had a 50% off any used game coupon to use at Best Buy. Unfortunately, the coupon expires in a couple days, and my store's selection is pretty terrible. Eh, for $7, I'll give it (another) shot.

5885181285_73a57279df_z.jpg

And then last night my buddy and I saw Transformers and ate at Hooters. Great, great night. Movie was awesome!

Gamble

Patrick Roy said:
Some of my pickups for the month. Don't mind the IPhone pics :p

Beast Wars Season 1 <3! Surprised to see no one else has picked this up!
photo3.jpg
QUOTE]

Where in the maximized hell did you find this at!?!?!?

Desmond

Skel1ingt0n said:
This was $9 shipped from a 3rd party Amazon seller. Best part? I ordered it at ~4pm yesterday, and it got here by 1pm today. :eek: ... Now to figure out how to get it working with my Steam copy of the base game...
Isn't EFLC standalone like the console versions?

Also my first pick-up post, I'm awaiting stuff which will miss the cut this month so I decided to post what I got so far in June.
Photo0387.jpg

€20 for PSN
Nausicaa Blu-Ray
Sly Trilogy
LA Noire

Photo0388.jpg

Naruto Season 8 + 9
The Other Guys DVD

I forgot to take a picture of the new Man Utd jersey with J.S. Park on the back :0

Got to get mine in before the month is through! Went a little baller this month.

ltacc.jpg

d&g glasses, ipad2, classic ipod 160
akAg8.jpg

21" Wacom Cintiq, KRK RP8 speakers, Fast Track Pro audio interface
AV96s.jpg

Numark NS7, Victory TF2 poster in back and random stuff not listed (infamous 2, some midi controllers, fried motherboard)

I don't really contribute to this thread any more, so here's a sum of all my purchases for the month. I think this is all of them at least.

I'm working on upgrading my Dead or Alive collection and I still have a few items in the mail but I told myself not to buy any more DOA stuff until my credit card cut-off, haha.

5885784833_1651edd47e_b.jpg

aperman

Neo Member
Johnlenham[IMG said:
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/255741_10150197886456567_509196566_7634079_5930526_n.jpg[/IMG]

Tarsem and Aronofsky. Two greats. Tarsem was a graduate from my school, I saw him roaming the halls of ACCD not too long ago...

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Ugh.... Wanted RE: Mercs; but because of the whole "save debacle" mixed with Walmart's ineptitude and rude demeanor (LONG story); I no longer have Asphalt 3D and instead will be playing Dead or Alive: Dimensions:

5886388819_66eb506249_b.jpg

Top Bottom