• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Gvaz

Banned
Because the Zimbabwe currency hyper-inflated in the 00's until they finally went so far as to have to release trillion dollar denominations of their money.

The currency was abandoned in 2009, they're worth only as collector's items now.

edit: you ruined all the magic by making me explain it :(

Paracelsus said:
Uxle1.jpg

Got it from a friend for much less than the real value because box is borked and so on, the thing works perfectly though. =o

Awesome, I still feel kind of sorry about selling mine.

Apath

iconoclast said:
Pick-up of the forever. Enjoy one of the best games ever made.

I wish mine didn't break.*

*Analogue stick on the left controller stopped working and would permanently point up =[

Steel battalion is such an epic game. I remember when I bought that beast home.

Still have mine actually and a xbox just for this game alone.

Recent pickups

ca4830a7.jpg

d34f608e.jpg

Left angle hdmi adapters
22f7acc9.jpg

I got this little gem today:
5878724421_52c3eba86c_z.jpg

I'm trying to work up my DOA collection but I was kind of annoyed when I saw that the spine card was missing despite it being in the photo and description of the eBay auction. I bought a higher priced copy specifically for the spine card. =\

tn2007

Just got a D7000, 50 1.8G, and a 35 1.8G! This is my first DSLR and i love it! I hope to contribute to pick-up posts now.

D7DKHl.jpg

G82jll.jpg

mUfVNl.jpg

A7X4el.jpg

Tokubetsu

I love fanservice but Highschool of the Dead was a bit too much for me. My anime viewing has died down a lot over the years though and it pretty much takes something amazing, or giant robots to hold my interest. /ucgundambias /spiraltotheheavens

Found a nice smaller Sony Wega Trinitron on Craigslist for my old consoles:

DSCN0103.jpg

Also some unrelated crap:

DSCN0105.jpg

It's more portable than my Blast. I'm finding all sort of stupid uses for it! :D

DSCN0108.jpg

Chicks with muscles and funnybooks. Two things I love in this life. The Women is photographed by Bill Dobbins who also did the Schwarzenegger bodybuilding encyclopedia. So it's a good anatomical reference.

Found this today in a thrift store for $45 bucks. It's complete even with the collector's box which is amazing for Lego stuff that's been donated.
Lego-Chess-X.jpg

_dementia said:
Excellent pick up.

Thanks.

I have been searching high and low for two years now since I let a similar model slip through my fingers at a local thrift store.

Now I need a good component video switch box. There's only one component input switch box. The TV only has one component in.

RAINBOOOOW!

mkenyon

Banned
Not goods, but an epic pickup nonetheless. Moved into a house recently, now we can finally own a dog!

This is Daphne, she's a Great Pyrenees mix, the place we got her from said her parents were Pyrenees on one side and Golden Retreiver on the other.

About 13 weeks old now, already 18 lbs or so. PUOTF.

isny

napkin dispenser
mkenyon said:
Not goods, but an epic pickup nonetheless. Moved into a house recently, now we can finally own a dog!

This is Daphne, she's a Great Pyrenees mix, the place we got her from said her parents were Pyrenees on one side and Golden Retreiver on the other.

About 13 weeks old now, already 18 lbs or so. PUOTF.

Why does the female dog have a penis? So confused!?! (I'm sure you furry lovers can explain)

Congrats either way, more pets in this thread = winning

Hieberrr

Bought a PS3 back in Feb or so, but I kept forgetting to get Uncharted :(

Finally got it from EB Games/Gamestop for $20 after tax and everything was in tip-top condition. So, :)

LKT7R.jpg

I also bought Uncahrted 2 through Ebay, so I'm still waiting on it to be delivered (Stupid Canada Post and their strike delayed all of my mail and packages, ugh).

Yes Boss!

moop2000 said:
That is great and expensive!
It wasn't that badly priced...just over $200. There is a smaller one that is less than a $100 but not quite as impressive. The one I got is big enough to help define a room, though. They have some bigger ones that go to $500-$1500 and are just mind-blowing. My favorite was the "test rocket" version that was about three feet high, but woefully out of my price range.

bodyboarder said:
Good choice. I've had my leatherman for years.

They are super handy.

I carry the Blast in my Action Pack™ (it's the less portable Batman utility belt) and it gets plenty of use.

The micra is smaller and more useful than the Gerber blade I used to carry. Which I had to stop carrying around after someone I lent it to used the wrong damned side as a flat head screw driver.

Who uses the blade?! Especially after I demonstrated using the blunt end.

Oh well, my fault.

Yes Boss!

The newest GB release for 3DS. Love 'em all:

77c54102.jpg

And Paper Airplane Chase for the new system...I put the title on all my DSi/3DS systems...favorite dowload game of all time:

57381b5f.jpg

Stubo

I've been working on getting the best cables for all of my older consoles. Currently I have component for my slim PS2 to cover PS1 and PS2 games, component for my Wii (+cube games), a VGA box on the way for my Dreamcast, and this is the most recent arrival:
1HmEy.jpg

I'm not entirely sure how compatible this is in the PAL region, I don't think I know anyone who ever owned anything better than a SCART cable...Was this a wise purchase, guys?

decaf

Stubo said:
I'm not entirely sure how compatible this is in the PAL region, I don't think I know anyone who ever owned anything better than a SCART cable...Was this a wise purchase, guys?
Compared to SCART? Yes, infinitely better. I do have one, but I prefer to use the XCM3 cable so I have fewer cables (I have all the compatible consoles hooked up to it).

Stubo

caffeinedreamer said:
Compared to SCART? Yes, infinitely better. I do have one, but I prefer to use the XCM3 cable so I have fewer cables (I have all the compatible consoles hooked up to it).
...I should definitely have just bought this instead, oh well!

Edit: Seemingly no optical out on the Xbox section of that cable...Purchase redeemed?

Ningo

Willing to cancel if there is a price drop on the 250gig in the meantime. Really willing, considering that this is only $100 less than what my 20gig cost at launch!

Although does seem to me a better value proposition than the 250gig at $398 as it comes with gears 3 and two of the new d-pad controllers which would cost more in aus than the $150 price difference.

zmet

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy Extended Editions
je8.jpg

Taito Retro Game Music Collection 1 Shooter Cluster
je9.jpg

Galaxy Express 999, Adieu Galaxy Express 999, and Cowboy Bebop The Movie
je10.jpg

Top Bottom