• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

BBxKG.jpg

Chinese twin acquisition is now complete.

evil_rad said:
Old White Dwarf magazines. I love the Empire :D

They're not old if they have that newfangled LoTR game in them. :p

I only bought 2 issues of WD in the last 10 years. Used to buy it regularly in the 90s though. So out of touch with the ol' Warhammer.

Gameboy415

Stubo said:
I've been working on getting the best cables for all of my older consoles. Currently I have component for my slim PS2 to cover PS1 and PS2 games, component for my Wii (+cube games), a VGA box on the way for my Dreamcast, and this is the most recent arrival:
1HmEy.jpg

I'm not entirely sure how compatible this is in the PAL region, I don't think I know anyone who ever owned anything better than a SCART cable...Was this a wise purchase, guys?

I got one myself a few months back and it was well worth it!
Games that support it look stunning via component.
Check out Conker: Live and Reloaded using the new box, it looks ridiculously good!

Urban Scholar said:
I don't know if it's the same but the manual is fully colored. It's really impressive.
Sorry to be a pest but are there any references to following player's replays? Do the Twins and Oni and Evil Ryu have a printed move list?
That would be the easiest way to identify if it's new.

zychi

Banned
zmet said:
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy Extended Editions
je8.jpg
Would you mind posting some pictures of what it looks like on the inside? I'm really torn about picking this up, and it has nothing to do with the "color palette" change that the internet is bitching about. It's because I don't like the idea of having Bluray movies that take up two discs and I don't want a tacky case. It looks nice on the outside tho.

glaurung

junelewt004.jpg

Picked up the Falling Down blu-ray because I've been depressed lately and it kind of reflects that.

The new blu-ray remote for PS3 is the one that Sony released in Japan at the end of March. I got it because this remote also works perfectly with a Bravia TV (volume, channel change, TV menus etc) and an amplifier (which I don't have). Since I am rocking a Bravia TV, this remote has now replaced my old combination of a big and cumbersome TV remote and the original BD Remote that Sony launched alongside with the PS3. It's a great remote, the design is more akin to the Slim model of the console and the overall feel is superior. I recommend getting one if you are using a Sony Bravia setup (no idea whether the remote also works with other brands). It's weird that Sony has not released it outside Japan.

I got mine from here: http://www.yesasia.com/global/new-ps3-remote-controller-japan-version/1024024793-0-0-0-en/info.html

Kudos goes out to fellow GAF member Benjamin1981 for pointing me toward that store!

snap0212

C9aaW.jpg

AverMedia HD PVR: Great piece of hardware. Got it for cheap too. The best thing is that it works with my Netbook as well even though it's way below the minimum requirements.

Xbox 360 Component Cable: They're usually pretty expensive but I got them at a reduced price. Not pictured are the PSP and PS3 component cables. :)

Ocarina of Time: No explanation needed. :p

glaurung said:
The new blu-ray remote for PS3 is the one that Sony released in Japan at the end of March. I got it because this remote also works perfectly with a Bravia TV (volume, channel change, TV menus etc) and an amplifier (which I don't have). Since I am rocking a Bravia TV, this remote has now replaced my old combination of a big and cumbersome TV remote and the original BD Remote that Sony launched alongside with the PS3. It's a great remote, the design is more akin to the Slim model of the console and the overall feel is superior. I recommend getting one if you are using a Sony Bravia setup (no idea whether the remote also works with other brands). It's weird that Sony has not released it outside Japan.

I got mine from here: http://www.yesasia.com/global/new-ps3-remote-controller-japan-version/1024024793-0-0-0-en/info.html

Kudos goes out to fellow GAF member Benjamin1981 for pointing me toward that store!

I want this remote!

Manp

ordered this on the 24th and got it today. 4 days from UK to Italy with standard mail, that was fast! and paid only 12,45€

_dementia said:
Sorry to be a pest but are there any references to following player's replays? Do the Twins and Oni and Evil Ryu have a printed move list?
That would be the easiest way to identify if it's new.

Yes they do! Sorry for the late reply.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I bought a shitload of stuff in the last month, but I didn't take any pics. I took pics of stuff I got yesterday and today, though, which is:

22cl.jpg

j4spb.jpg

Strike

DSCN0648.jpg

Been putting Akira off for a while. Courtesy of Amazon. Used my lockerz ptz to get infamous 2 for $30. *fuckyea.gif*

DSCN0649.jpg

Got a case of this stuff for the premiere. Pretty good.

Amazon is a big fan of me this month.

New HD camcorder (HDC-SD90). This thing is fucking amazing. The picture quality blows my Kodak Zi8 out of the water.

Video editing software

Solar Keyboard, never needs new batteries or to be charged. Also the keyboard layout is nearly perfect coming from an Apple keyboard.

3cccbbb3.jpg

Also I continue transition to PS3 as my lead platform with some under $20 games from amazon.
Playing through Batman again and looking forward to Tron (only $15 so I can't lose really). Sadly Microsoft lost me after E3 this year. Ironically I just bought a new Dell XPS 9100 this week for video editing/gaming.

a65e1a54.jpg

d0c_zaius

leng jai said:
This got a BD release? Jizzz

and unfortunately some big retail chains didn't get this in :(

Chacranajxy said:
I fucking hate you guys who got Bebop. I went to Best Buy, ultra excited to be watching Bebop tonight. And their retail stores don't fucking carry it. Godfuckingdammitshitcuntsonofabitch.

Guess I'll buy it from Amazon.

Yea BB is the worst. Definitely the "gamestop of everything not games".

Danny Dudekisser

I fucking hate you guys who got Bebop. I went to Best Buy, ultra excited to be watching Bebop tonight. And their retail stores don't fucking carry it. Godfuckingdammitshitcuntsonofabitch.

Guess I'll buy it from Amazon.

Danny Dudekisser

leng jai said:
Excitement just went to zero when I found it only has a stereo audio mix..

Yeah, but it's PCM and wasn't the original theatrical release just in stereo?

Edit: Aaaand I just ordered it from Amazon. Come tomorrow, I'll be as rad as the rest of you guys.

Danny Dudekisser

DXPett1 said:
Is it a upscale rubbish job or proper release? Too many anime on Bluray has been dodgy at best

It's one of the good releases. The shitty ones are Funimation's upscales (particularly the older ones.) The reason those tend to suck so badly is because the digital format of most of the shows Funi released don't benefit much from upscaling and because Funi does a shitty job of it. As far as I know, the Bebop movie was done on film, so that's why it looks so good in this release.

I mean, for fuck's sake:
4481_3_large.jpg

leng jai

Chacranajxy said:
Yeah, but it's PCM and wasn't the original theatrical release just in stereo?

Edit: Aaaand I just ordered it from Amazon. Come tomorrow, I'll be as rad as the rest of you guys.

My DVD copy has a pretty great DTS 5.1 mix.

Danny Dudekisser

leng jai said:
My DVD copy has a pretty great DTS 5.1 mix.

I was under the impression that was just something Sony cobbled together for the DVD release. At least, that's what I seem to recall hearing back when the DVD came out in 2003. But in either case, the Blu Ray is going to look better and sound better, regardless of the audio's use of the center and rear speakers.

Bruiserk

CoachKevin said:
Amazon is a big fan of me this month.

New HD camcorder (HDC-SD90). This thing is fucking amazing. The picture quality blows my Kodak Zi8 out of the water.

Video editing software

Solar Keyboard, never needs new batteries or to be charged. Also the keyboard layout is nearly perfect coming from an Apple keyboard.

3cccbbb3.jpg

Also I continue transition to PS3 as my lead platform with some under $20 games from amazon.
Playing through Batman again and looking forward to Tron (only $15 so I can't lose really). Sadly Microsoft lost me after E3 this year. Ironically I just bought a new Dell XPS 9100 this week for video editing/gaming.

a65e1a54.jpg

Would you recommend the board?

ibt2MO.jpg

Replacement for my dead 5770, OCs pretty well.

iby3VE.jpg

I held off on buying Little big planet for a while, but I'm hooked now. I'll have to get LBP2 one of these days. The tube screamer sounds great, the pick does too. Took them forever to ship the pick though.

Top Bottom