• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Yes Boss!

etrian.jpg

atomico

MGS4 shipment was delayed, so I did the only thing a reasonable guy could do:

rbwnqs.jpg

bought the MGS collection, a DS3 and some antibiotics

Kuran

Banned
Yeah, I think only NCSX.com carries the full set.

I also ordered Etrian Odyssey II for me and the girlfriend, Battle Fantasia and Jake Hunter are also on their way..

100_0392.jpg
100_0393.jpg

100_0394.jpg
100_0398.jpg

2 Guitar Hero Wii Faceplates
Splinter Cell: Operation Barracuda, Neon Genesis Evangelion Angelic Days Vol. 6
Mario Kart Wii, 2GB Micro SD card
Lego Star Wars T-shirt

Vorador

Banned
Just bought these toys

17062008106.jpg

17062008104.jpg

And i know i'm late to the Etrian Odissey Party, but it was recently released in my country, so it can't be helped :(

17062008103.jpg

btf1980

New set of Cans.....they have big shoes to fill as my former cans were GS-1000's.

IMG_0939.jpg

Weeds Season 3

IMG_0941.jpg

Dead formats FTW. I paid as little as $4 for some of these titles. Works out cheaper than renting....... :lol

IMG_0943.jpg

of9843.jpg

And that would be Alone in the Dark Limited Edition with the Xbox 360 stripe fuglifying the whole thing, 12 months XBL card (66% the price and no stupid renewal/cancellation bothers FTW), a Dual Shock 3 and some obscure game called Metal Gear Solid 4.

14nol11.jpg

Cardboard piece covering the goods.

The goods.
14960zc.jpg

The figurine is not particularly awesome... Says it's for adults only, I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean.

s4xvf4.jpg

Partial soundtrack. Eight tracks.

2vkfe4k.jpg

Comes in a slick cardboard sleeve thingie with artwork all over it.

2n9yobc.jpg

They even included the actual game.

n4k0lh.jpg

Hardcover and pretty neat. Cat procured seperately.

mosqito

mmcrk8.jpg

20qmdjk.jpg

2iih08l.jpg

15etvr6.jpg

s2ebgo.jpg

Found the Mario at a Mall (Cora) down in Foetz (Luxembourg) for around 140 euros. took two of them :)
Mark of the wolves took so much eurones.. :( (the most expensive game in my life)
Sonic and knuckles were around 9€ :D (no 40€!!)

greetings from Luxembourg.

The quality is fine I guess, only thing I have to compare it to is the Big Daddy figurine. It's a lot more rubbery so I assume it won't break as easily. Face looks like a GI Joe though.

As for the quality of the game, I'll get back to you on that. Barely have time to start it up at the moment.

So far the textures and lighting is bloody marvelous. Movement controls feel a bit sluggish and clumsy. In third person it feels like some sort of pseudo-Resident Evil affair. First person aiming almost seems like it has a delay to it. Hasn't bothered me any yet. I'm only at the introduction level though, so things might get better or worse in all kinds of ways. Pretty linear so far for obvious reasons, and you get hints all the time. Climbing ropes was more entertaining than I thought it'd be. If this first instance is anything to go by it's gonna be platformpuzzley, with debris and shit and explosions and wallcracks and flashlights and people and yelling and electricity and fans.

In summary, so far it shows promise and I rather like it. Only 15 minutes in, so...

edit
Animations for waving a keyboard around are ass. You attack by pulling the right stick around, meaning you lose control of the camera. Considering you only have two attacks (sideswipe and bash over the head) that aren't really analog, it seems kind of pointless to me. You can't make up your own attacks so to speak and how far or hard you pull the stick appears to be irrelevant. Would've worked better with the face buttons I reckon. Could've added a simple combo system that way too. Now you'll just stand there and bash.

Combat is the one thing that has always looked bad in the videos, and I think it actually might be... Haven't actually fought anyone yet though.

Echoes

htctytn2d-1.jpg

htctytn2d-2.jpg

htctytn2d-3.jpg

gunbird2-cap.jpg

pspac-cap.jpg

pcgamerdow2-cap.jpg

HTC TyTN 2 Deluxe (amazing!)
Gunbird 2
Lemmings
Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception
Namco Museum Battle Collection
PC Gamer (Dawn of War 2 Issue)

alexel

btf1980 said:
New set of Cans.....they have big shoes to fill as my former cans were GS-1000's.

IMG_0939.jpg

Nice choice. They K701s were one of the potential headphones I was looking into when I was deciding what headphones to buy. I ended up buying the Ultrasones HFI-780s instead as all the impressions on headfi seems to agree that they are better suited for my music and uses. The K701s were also $200 more expensive and require an amp.

Speaking of which, what headphone amp are you using? The general consensus is that the K701s are very picky with amps and only sound good with a select few.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Warnen said:
new addition to the electronic family, my new Sony Rolly :D

forgive the fingerprints, it is just so neat.

2mcjbwk.jpg

I wanted a rolly for a while, too bad we cant get im in the netherlands :(

june08c.jpg

Finally! =D

This originally shipped out to me on launch, but it never arrived, so yesasia kindly sent me a reshipment :) Can't wait to get stuck in with it.

Gamer on a budget June Edition

IMG_0420lulz.jpg

Stuntman Ignition - $10 at BBV
PGR4 - $10 at BBV
Conan - $15 at BBV
Frequency - 100 points from Goozex (I lost this game in a messy break up so its good to have it back)
UT3 - $20 from Rogers
GTA IV - $20 from Rogers

btf1980

andrewfee said:
Let me know what you think of them. Out of interest, why did you get rid of the GS1000s?

I really liked the GS-1000's, they sounded incredible, but I could not listen for a long period of time because they felt uncomfortable to wear after a while. A shame, since they sound so awesome.

Captain N

dsjune.jpg

The Micro Thread has got me all kinds of excited about playing some old GBA games again.

dsjune2.jpg

I had the Paddle for a while now, but am glad I got two games to play that are in English.

jowa said:
$10 for PGR4?!

once again I fail by living in euroland :(

I don't know how it is in Europe but in Canada I've noticed that in the last few years BBV and Ebgames end up dumping alot of their extra stock in the summer for ridiculus prices.

marwan

Banned
huh? what happened to my June phone purchase? i don't see it here since i posted it yesterday, here it is anyways:

18062008185.jpg

18062008189.jpg

18062008190.jpg

18062008193.jpg

Top Bottom