• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Durante

MarkMan said:
GUNS TO OUR WALLETS
photo_ps3mgs4934.jpg

Well, at least I won't have to buy another console for some time.
photo_pswii60755.jpg

cjdunn

Something old (and on sale), something new
jun04.jpg

Two bad movies that should nevertheless be seen.
jun05.jpg

The big dog, the reason I hand built the wooden shelf beneath it.
jun06.jpg

...and since I was getting a HDTV, I got this
jun07.jpg

Color calibrator
jun08.jpg

jun09.jpg

Metal Gear, Yay! --Except my launch PS3 is going to be sent back because of the GTA IV freezing-- Boo!
The Okami artbook, which I've had on preorder for over 8 months.
jun10.jpg

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty late on some of these pick-ups, we're going back to May 31 or so.
20a2ul2.jpg

These look much better in person than in the pic. I haven't even played TP yet, but I was so impressed with the quality of these that I knew I wouldn't regret the purchase even if I don't like the game. I was really happy to find an FF7 game style Tifa, I see a crap ton of Advent Children style figures but not too many game style. Wife would have preferred me getting a figure with smaller boobs.
npji9y.jpg

The wife also isn't particularly happy with the Fujiko figure, but she's awesome enough to not mind that much (so long as I keep it in my back "nerd room"). :D

Extra points for the Lupin in a plane figure, because it is an actual working fan. Probably going to end up taking that one to work, because the a-holes in my office like to crank the heater.
2i9sbc6.jpg

Shirt's a bit too tight, but oh well, it is awesome. Nocturne artbook is also a gift from heaven, I freaking love that game. It's Pokemon meets Satan Worship.
sn14ix.jpg

Little dark, but everyone knows what this is. Probably won't play any games on it for months (due to massive 360 backlog), but I'm happy with the Blu-Ray capability for now. First game purchase will be Folklore, I've really been craving that game.
a3fkw4.jpg

Got #1, thought it was decent, then picked up 2 and 3 to see if I wanted to continue the series. If I had known at the time that there were only 4 volumes, I would have just bought them all. #4 is on the way right now, actually, shipped from Amazon earlier today on Friday (which I guess was yesterday at this point).
rtq90l.jpg

I just love PA.

::edit::
Forgot to take pics of Eyes Wide Shut and 300 blu-rays. Also got Blade Runner on rain check.

I'm excited to be able to rent Blu-Rays from now on since I own a PS3, but I'm putting off actually opening my PS3 since I want to savor that new console smell. Already have a Wii and 360, so this will be my last chance for another 3 or 4 years.

Before you ask, it's a blue tie...
IMG_1189.jpg

The System is Mine!
IMG_1190.jpg

Another angle of the box:
IMG_1191.jpg

Believe:
IMG_1192.jpg

Contents of box:
IMG_1193.jpg

System:
IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1197.jpg

Y Hallo There...
IMG_1198.jpg

Got more stuff coming next week :D

Aurelius

june.jpg

Franka - Het Zwaard van de Iskander Collector's Edition. With personal drawing from the artist.
LP Japan - Going there next month :D
MGS4 - off course
Black Hawk Down BR - my second BR. Yeah!

So it's safe to assume that MGS4 is the PS3's "Turning point"? Where all the Wait-for-the-big-games people say "Right, time to get one!"? 'Bout time, I say.

Cronen

Klaxon said:
iPod in MGS4? Does this have an actual purpose in the game?

You can listen to MG songs from throughout the series, or even a MGS podcast. Extra songs are hidden over the levels, as well as being able to download some too.

bPod

Got MGS4 LE, but Im disappointed with Gamestop and Amazon. Gamestop didn't have the headset and Amazon hasn't still delivered my strategy guide :(

But I am loving METAL GEAR!

Spectral

Banned
I know its not MGS4, but has anyone picked up Blast Works yet? I have and I find to be a very fun game. It may look simplistic, but its great fun.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
marwan said:
i think we need a separate "June MGS4 Pick", cuz for the past 4 pages it's nothing but MGS4 over and over.

What do you expect? MGS4 is one of the biggest games this year. When halo 3, GTA4, orange box came out the same thing happened. This is the month of Metal Gear Solid 4.

Got the display case free from my friend because he was moving back in with his parents due to financial difficulties and didn't have enough room for all 4of them and didn't want to put it in storage. ^_^v
Will take pic of MGS stuff when gamestop gets in my preorder of the Collectors Strat they were "under shipped" (what the hells the point of a preorder, they will however make up for it by taking off $10 when they get it)

DSC00169-2.jpg

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Ok Sony, I bought your shitty 40gb console with your shitty sixaxis. Now stop being assholes and forcing everyone else to to the same.

MGS4 Bundle and a DS3.
rbwcug.jpg

MGS4, GRiD, GT5:p.
2yoqyk5.jpg

shas'la

Dragoon_lantz said:
Got the display case free from my friend because he was moving back in with his parents due to financial difficulties and didn't have enough room for all 4of them and didn't want to put it in storage. ^_^v
Will take pic of MGS stuff when gamestop gets in my preorder of the Collectors Strat they were "under shipped" (what the hells the point of a preorder, they will however make up for it by taking off $10 when they get it)

DSC00169-2.jpg

Lol, Hammerhead

avcables

Banned
I was going to post something about how the US Flag is the only flag that matters but that would have veered this topic way too far off course. So instead, I'm just going to mention how I picked up the MGS4 80GB PS3 bundle. Since about 3,000 people already showed pictures of theirs, I'm sure you know what it looks it. :(

avcables said:
I was going to post something about how the US Flag is the only flag that matters but that would have veered this topic way too far off course. So instead, I'm just going to mention how I picked up the MGS4 80GB PS3 bundle. Since about 3,000 people already showed pictures of theirs, I'm sure you know what it looks it. :(

While it was probably (i hope) a joke, it's a wise decision that you didn't. And Congrats on the bundle. Is the 80gb gun metal gray also?

Haeleos

avcables said:
I was going to post something about how the US Flag is the only flag that matters but that would have veered this topic way too far off course.

Not funny. It's dumb shit you even wrote THAT out as it's basically the same thing as if you had posted it in the first place. Edit that garbage.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Wow, I am MGS insane, I just ordered another metal gear solid related item. Hopefully it arrives next week with the rest of my metal gear solid stuff.

Foxix Von

Sorry about the brightness in these... apparently cell phones take bad pictures?

ANYWAY!~ ON TO THE LOOT! Here we have Etrian Odyssey 2! picked up yesterday ;) Along with God Hand! I actually found God Hand new in a seemingly abandoned local gamecrazy.
Dragon Quest VII and Wild Arms 4 I didn't reaaally want but this guy was going to trade them in for 6 bucks at gamestop and I said I'd pay him 10 :p
06-15-08_1033.jpg

Ahhhhh Gameday sales. Odin Sphere 20 bucks. 2D Action based rpg? Priceless.
06-15-08_1035.jpg

Ok seriously, turns out the dvd is out of print now so I had to watch it on veoh D: Anyway I liked it enough to pick up the 1st omnibus and all I'm gonna say is HOLY SHIT, I'm in love:lol
But really though, Minnie May being 17 is reaaallly fuckin' weird
06-15-08_1037.jpg

Ah and yet again... my wallet is weak. Basically it was another one of those random dudes trading in something pretty neat. I've never actually seen a complete time crisis set nor have I ever even heard of Resident Evil: Dead Aim. Turns out it works with the guncon and the guy didn't even know :p I gave him 30 for it and he threw in dead aim.
06-15-08_1039.jpg

That's all I can think of for now but I'm sure I've got more lying around!

xenix

My puchases this week

Metal Gear Solid 4 - Limited Edition
65py5d.jpg

2hewlm0.jpg

2a9467m.jpg

Containing:
513bj6.jpg

21aiss1.jpg

2w3zw29.jpg

2usk02e.jpg

Insert Game
2vce0wp.jpg

Insert BD & Soundtrack
166jj41.jpg

35i0yh1.jpg

Old (Solid) Snake
2cok5sp.jpg

1fcrbr.jpg

2zp2j6h.jpg

2wqdhlk.jpg

I, Robot on BD
200d0sk.jpg

Bought a DualShock 3 for 35 euro's (very cheap, all thanks to the American $$$)
cky7s.jpg

Proc

2581796138_acae38aa19.jpg

I've heard such good things about both of these pick ups that I had to grab em when I saw them. So far the wire has been a bit slow moving, but I am really enjoying it. It's really starting to pick up momentum now that I'm on the 5th episode.

Top Bottom