• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Mafia |OT7| Make friends, then kill them (SIGNUPS OPEN, NEW PLAYERS WELCOME)

Oh, Of Gods and Men had a really good moment too. Seath spent the day screwing with us as to if he was a God (who can't be lynched) or not, resulting in all of the votes to swing onto Lone Prodigy.

Right before Royal posted the day has ended message, we got this:

Never facepalmed so hard in my life.

I remember this. I posted in the morning, thought I could come back and defend myself before day's end, and went for brunch. I checked my phone in the middle of it, saw I got turbo'ed, and had a hearty laugh.

That game was so crazy. Double-lynch day with post restriction where 2 townies died. A townie confirmation power that just so happened to land on two already-confirmed townies. Sophia throwing the game for us at lylo. Splinter trying to kill Periscope and failing. Blarg actually killing Periscope to keep town alive. Adding someone to the game at the end with a high percentage chance of being town, only to have it be scum instead. Ah, good times.

Sophia

I remember this. I posted in the morning, thought I could come back and defend myself before day's end, and went for brunch. I checked my phone in the middle of it, saw I got turbo'ed, and had a hearty laugh.

That game was so crazy. Double-lynch day with post restriction where 2 townies died. A townie confirmation power that just so happened to land on two already-confirmed townies. Sophia throwing the game for us at lylo. Splinter trying to kill Periscope and failing. Blarg actually killing Periscope to keep town alive. Adding someone to the game at the end with a high percentage chance of being town, only to have it be scum instead. Ah, good times.

Hey, woah. I did not throw the game for us at Lylo. I was just so confused as to how we win at that point. If you want to blame town losing, blame Splinter! ;_;

Swamped

Banned
Ahhh that's when i published the secret word with a typo. And Splinter took the risk. My sneakiest move yet!

Gods was super fun. Weird, but fun.

I love how we kept intentionally misspelling the gods' names. Pepsi and Koka-Kola. I can't even remember the real names any more XD

Speaking of, i hope Dragonz returns!

Gorlak

Banned

You were so obviously scummy, someone had to step in. Didn't you even announce you'd defend yourself in the last 30 minutes, so we had to either wait and let madness reign or, you know, try to lynch you right away.

Sorian

Banned
You were so obviously scummy, someone had to step in. Didn't you even announce you'd defend yourself in the last 30 minutes, so we had to either wait and let madness reign or, you know, try to lynch you right away.

Never turbo someone who hasn't claimed. I think the only exception to that rule this community has ever seen was Tim in DR. He should have been put in the ground instantly.

Sorian

Banned
Are we talking about this season, or overall?

For this season, if I were playing, I'd want to be in Persona, but I just finished P4 Golden, and I love the theme.

Overall? Animal Crossing.

The game so good, Retro re-ran it in season 4 :D

Palmer_v1

XdqtHFe.jpg

roytheone

ALWAYS BE LYNCHIN' FEBE

After we won Pokemon without me lynching Fireblend, the slogan has been retired. It has been proven that I do not actually have eu lynch fireblend to win a game. Suggestions for a replacement are now open!

Also, if any new player has any questions they are free to pm me too. Just keep in mind I know the design of all the games so my answer may be very vague on purpose :)

Pronoun: He
Preferred game(s): Pop, Playstation, Persona
Time-zone: PST

Played a bit of the board game versions of these social deduction games including The Resistance and Secret Hitler, but looking forward to trying out one here.

roytheone

Thank you :D

Anyone got any tips for a newbie? Played mafia before but not forum mafia.

Have fun! It actually helps a lot, someone that doesn't have fun often gets suspicion on them. Also, if you are scum, don't think too hard about the posts you make and the wording, it not only takes a lot of time but people will pick up on it.

cabot

Not too much, outside of maybe skimming through some older games. I recommend death is on the line because a) it's one of the shorter ones and b) it's hilarious how well mannered everyone is.

Also don't be afraid to put yourself out there when playing, some people have clammed up in the past, eat the play.

I don't know what I'm saying. I want a sandwich.

CCS

Banned
Not too much, outside of maybe skimming through some older games. I recommend death is on the line because a) it's one of the shorter ones and b) it's hilarious how well mannered everyone is.

Also don't be afraid to put yourself out there when playing, some people have clammed up in the past, eat the play.

I don't know what I'm saying. I want a sandwich.

Thanks for the recommendation, will definitely read it through.

gryvan

A spider told me to come into this thread.

put me as a substitute cause i have a lot of things to do the coming months :/

I remember my first game. It was Cthulhu and I rolled scum.

Day 1, I come in and start throwing votes and posts around. Get scum-read and almost die, but Sorian leads a bandwagon on an inactive (RIP Tucah) and I escape by the skin of my teeth...

...only to get vig-killed the first night.

So yeah, it was kind of a bad intro and it turned me into an inactive coaster, but I'm still here.

im glad boo is still here :> boo's flava is best flava <3

i... i also remember my first game, but.... but i dont wanna talk about it ; __ ;

In my first game, there was this guy--let's call him Shmeptimus Shprime--who misinterpreted some of the rules and got people to think that he was scum and trying to trick everyone.

What a doof.

My first game everyone instantly thought I was scum because I was ok with some early day one votes. Squidy was there, Stan played a character of some sort, and Scrafty was the valley gurl who nobody listened too. Retro did a great job modding, and kept everyone on their toes by posting a large "PLEASE STAND BY" message occasionally. And I died for no reason except to satisfy the vanity of the beanie.

It was fun.

The game also started on my birthday, so I got a bunch of votes as a gift I guess.

If Sorian is in your game be prepared to let him do all the work while also not believing a word he says (lynch on day 4 for safety). If Blarg is in your game read all his post and laugh at the insanity (lynch on day 4 for hilarity).

Try to be suspicious enough that people know your name, but not suspicious enough that they are actually willing to get rid of you.

In my first game, there was this guy--let's call him Shmeptimus Shprime--who misinterpreted some of the rules and got people to think that he was scum and trying to trick everyone.

What a doof.

i remember him. i think someone named noyesyesyesno bullied him throughout the game or something.

what a bully. psshhh.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That nyyyn is always bullying people.

Know that no matter how bad you think you can mess up, somebody here has probably done worse lol. So have fun and try to be relaxed, it could be a long game and that's really important regardless if you're mafia or not.

im glad boo is still here :> boo's flava is best flava <3

i... i also remember my first game, but.... but i dont wanna talk about it ; __ ;

Why? What happened in that game?

On a completely unrelated note, I remember my first game being Star Wars and being extremely nervous and trying to stay under the radar. The way some of town performed definitely made it easier... but I really had some awesome members on the team though!

Swamped

Banned
I'm probably biased but my favorite games of the past couple of seasons were probably Gafia 2 and 2.5 :p. Great roles and mechanisms. Such gem-like flavor from LP. And a really heartwarming speech at the end of Gafia 2 by Retro. I didn't kill everyone after all :D

Shall i try to get Whatshisface to join gafia? He's certainly intrigued lol

Kawl_USC

I'm probably biased but my favorite games of the past couple of seasons were probably Gafia 2 and 2.5 :p. Great roles and mechanisms. Such gem-like flavor from LP. And a really heartwarming speech at the end of Gafia 2 by Retro. I didn't kill everyone after all :D

Don't make cabot jealous like that.

Know that no matter how bad you think you can mess up, somebody here has probably done worse lol. So have fun and try to be relaxed, it could be a long game and that's really important regardless if you're mafia or not.

Why? What happened in that game?

On a completely unrelated note, I remember my first game being Star Wars and being extremely nervous and trying to stay under the radar. The way some of town performed definitely made it easier... but I really had some awesome members on the team though!

bolded: Just ask ouro how to roleblock. He pro.

..... I SAID I DUN WANNA TALK ABOUT IT OK ; __ ;

-He
-1.vampire 2. Pop
-Central&Mountain - I'm between two locations

WELCOME BACK MICK <3

yesyesyes

pls inv \o/ the more the merrier! and i love the table /map thingo in gafia 2, it was so cute :>

Sawneeks

Banned

Everyone has been in the same position, we all started somewhere. I'm sure 99% of everyone here will agree that your first game can be, well, nerve racking. It's a massive learning experience and all of us are still learning new things as we continue to make mistakes, learn from them, and keep going. So don't worry too much about the small stuff, in the end we're all just friends hanging out and playing a game. :)

Look at all this new blood.

Blood god will be pleased.

Shhhhh, not so loud Melon.

...at least wait until they're in the games first.

My favorite recent game was Bachelor Party. Don't know if that town rally was fun to read but it was sweet to taste.

First game... Harry Potter sub.
-Here read this.
-...the hell?
-Hush now, welcome to the scum team.

Good times.

Top Bottom