• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Mafia |OT7| Make friends, then kill them (SIGNUPS OPEN, NEW PLAYERS WELCOME)

Mazre

For the new page

ONUW 12 Signup
1. Fireblend
2. Barrylocke
3. CzarTim
4. Natiko
5. Ty4on
6. CCS
7. Lone_Prodigy
8. Terrabyte20xx
9. Zubz

Tentative:
Royal_Flush
Kawl

Kawl_USC

I can play if you are still looking for players after a bit. Otherwise would like to let others have a shot who didn't play 11.

The biggest thing I was not warned about in ONUW 1 (the only one I played) was that you SHOULD NOT go into ONUW with the mindset of this being a normal game of mafia. It won't do you any good. Your own role has a very good chance of changing, and even if you have a werewolf buddy, they may have become a townie somehow. Solve the puzzle as best as you can, and then lie if needed. Be willing for your brain to melt at any time.

Mazre

Does anyone have an issue with a day phase start tomorrow (Wednesday) around midday EST? If not then I'll set a tentative signup deadline of 5PM EST today. This will give me time to send out and receive responses prior to day start.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
How does ONUW work, mechanically?

Cards (roles) go out
Game Starts
Night Actions
Daytime discussions
Vote

The Daytime discussion is the key step. You're:

1) Trying to learn what everyone's cards and actions were last night
2) Trying to figure out what card you have now (since it might've been changed by night actions)
3) Pushing your win condition of lynching/mislynching depending on whether you think you're town or wolf

Mazre

ONUW 12 Signup
1. Fireblend
2. Barrylocke
3. CzarTim
4. Natiko
5. Ty4on
6. CCS
7. Lone_Prodigy
8. Terrabyte20xx
9. Zubz
10. Royal_Flush
11. Kawl
12. *Splinter
Okay, this is the roster we're rolling with, I'm not gonna adjust the roll allocation since we're just one short, roll #12 will just be removed from the game at random. So we'll have 11 players, 1 role removed, and 3 center cards. If anyone would like that last spot please post ASAP, gonna roll and start sending out PMs shortly, after that point I may or may not be able to add someone.

*Splinter

ONUW 12 Signup
1. Fireblend
2. Barrylocke
3. CzarTim
4. Natiko
5. Ty4on
6. CCS
7. Lone_Prodigy
8. Terrabyte20xx
9. Zubz
10. Royal_Flush
11. Kawl

Okay, this is the roster we're rolling with, I'm not gonna adjust the roll allocation since we're just one short, roll #12 will just be removed from the game at random. So we'll have 11 players, 1 role removed, and 3 center cards. If anyone would like that last spot please post ASAP, gonna roll and start sending out PMs shortly, after that point I may or may not be able to add someone.
Tag me in, coach

Mazre

Just waiting on one more reply and we'll be good to go.

Tentatively setting day start for

Will confirm when able.

Edit: All confirmations received. The above will be our start time for the day phase. Final result PMs should be outgoing soon.

Edit 2: All result PMs should be sent now. If you were expecting one and did not receive one please PM me.

Edit 3: Day phase has begun, spectators I guess post here if you need/want access.

batsnacks

I can host a turbo at outergafia this Saturday, December 31st at 5:00 p.m. EST.

20 minute days
5 minute nights (all players can talk in thread at night)
1 full phase will be 30 minutes

The game will last about as long as a movie.

I can balance the game for 9 - 17 players

1. Verelios
2. Natiko
3. StanleyPalmtree
4. melonrabbit
5. Fat4all

red_1483221600.png

some questions ppl will probably have:
-the final setup will be open, all players will know the role distribution
-it's plurality lynch. the person with the most votes at the end of the day gets lynched. if there is a tie the person who reached the majority first gets lynched
-there will always be a cop, the cop might get a check on night 0
-I will RNG any missed night actions including cop checks and mafia kills

Natiko

Banned
I'll join. I also will volunteer my spot in the case of the game filling up and someone else wanting in. I've joined about everything I can so far so I don't want to prevent others from playing that haven't.

Sophia

Did we ever manage to get enough people to commit to a live game with all voice, or even video?

I don't think anyone has specifically committed to that, but there's enough people doing live games with mostly voice as it that it shouldn't be too hard to gather a group.

I just looked into the voting thread (main season) and realized that the only game I've read (and not played) was Love Boat. I heard rumors about Phoenix Wright but to everything else I'm completely oblivious. It's a shame if you think about it...

20 minute days

1. Verelios
2. Natiko
3. StanleyPalmtree

red_1483221600.png

-it's plurality lynch. the person with the most votes at the end of the day gets lynched. if there is a tie the person who reached the majority first gets lynched

I'll join.

Natiko

Banned
some of us play by text only. the chatty ones play by voice. no one plays by cam.... yet

natikoooooo come join ussssss
I always plan to and the timing doesn't work out D: Hopefully the next one I actually make it for. They usually start when I'm still driving home from work, but if I don't have plans I can always join the second game if there is one.

Palmer_v1

I always plan to and the timing doesn't work out D: Hopefully the next one I actually make it for. They usually start when I'm still driving home from work, but if I don't have plans I can always join the second game if there is one.

It's Cabot's fault for living in Glasgow(not the Montana one).

Fat4all

Banned

20 minute days

1. Verelios
2. Natiko
3. StanleyPalmtree
4. melonrabbit

red_1483221600.png

yo, I'm in, son

Natiko

Banned
Thanks for running ONUW Mazre! It was an enjoyable setup and I had a good time despite people not being able to commit too much time to the game.

batsnacks

TURBO TODAY(?)

20 minute days

1. Verelios
2. Natiko
3. StanleyPalmtree
4. melonrabbit
5. Fat4all
6. Dr. Worm
7. Kyanrute

red_1483221600.png

Top Bottom