• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Mafia |OT7| Make friends, then kill them (SIGNUPS OPEN, NEW PLAYERS WELCOME)

Mazre

Repost for the new page (suck it 100ppp), 4 spots left!

Looking for 12 players as is our custom, as soon as we hit that we can get underway. Thinking a 30 hour deliberation period with a 24 hour vote phase. If we get more than 12 interested players I'll take down names and give them priority for any follow on games, figure I'm good to host two between now and new years.

Signups here, game to be played over at OG.

Archive of previous games for reference

1. CrimsonFist
2. cabot
3. melonrabbit
4. franconp
5. Kawl_USC
6. swamped
7. CzarTim
8. Natiko
9. Sawneeks
10. Sorian
11. Royal_Flush
12. StanleyPalmtree

Game thread now available for preview:
ONUW 11

Feel free to ask questions here until we get underway or PM now or later.

From my understanding and reading of game 9. The object is more to solve the mystery of where all the roles ended up at the end of the night, correct?

So, at the start of the night there are three roles unassigned that become cards 1,2,3 and certain players can swap or view the cards/card order correct? Do all the cards have to go somewhere i.e. be claimed before the deliberation phase?

Also, dumb question but the game is only one night and day so town only wins if they vote out one of the wolves by the end of the voting phrase?

Mazre

From my understanding and reading of game 9. The object is more to solve the mystery of where all the roles ended up at the end of the night, correct?

Correct. Players are ultimately trying to figure out what team they're on while also manipulating the rest of the players into voting for the player's win condition.

So, at the start of the night there are three roles unassigned that become cards 1,2,3 and certain players can swap or view the cards/card order correct? Do all the cards have to go somewhere i.e. be claimed before the deliberation phase?

Yes, there are 3 unassigned cards (technically the vanilla werewolf is unassigned and card 4 but as stated we're treating this card as non-targetable this time around). At the end of the night phase there will still be 3 unassigned cards. Cards are only moved out of the center by swapping another card into the center. Players never have more than one card.

Also, dumb question but the game is only one night and day so town only wins if they vote out one of the wolves by the end of the voting phrase?

Correct one night and one day. Night comes first. There is only one vote. If town lynches a wolf they win, if the tanner is lynched the tanner wins, if anyone else is lynched (including the minion) wolves win. If no wolves are present at time of voting the town only wins if they no lynch.

In case there's a tie for highest number of votes both are lynched, if one is a werewolf the villagers still win despite also lynching a non-wolf, though the tanner being lynched is still a loss for everyone not aligned with the tanner.

Mazre

And the roster for ONUW 11 is set. I'm gonna random up the rolls and start sending out PMs. When you get your PM please respond along with your action if any, this will also serve as your final confirmation for play. Tentatively if responses are timely we'll start around midday tomorrow (EST), I'll announce a final time once things start to firm up.

If you didn't get to sign up for 11 but want to play please say something here or shoot me a PM and I'll see about putting you at the top of the list for ONUW 12 tentatively scheduled for sometime next week (between Xmas and New Years).

Edit: Also please no discussion here or in the game thread about when you received your PMs.

Mazre

All players have checked in and actions have been resolved. Result PMs for applicable actions will be going out shortly.

Day starts:

Edit: All results have been PM'd if you were expecting a result and did not receive one PM me directly please.

Kawl_USC

All players have checked in and actions have been resolved. Result PMs for applicable actions will be going out shortly.

Day starts:

Edit: All results have been PM'd if you were expecting a result and did not receive one PM me directly please.

Awwww mooooooom, can't we just go ahead and start already?? Pretty please pretty pretty please

RetroMG

Congratulations to all players and gamerunners on another great season! We will be taking a holiday break from full games, but mini games like Live Mafia and ONUW will keep running. We will start signups for our first full mid season game, The Legend of Zelda Mafia, right after the new year, so make sure you keep an eye on this thread.

YesNOnoNOYes has a short survey that we'd love to get some input on. I'm sure she'll be along shortly with that. (If she hasn't done it already)

As a reminder, main season games are reviewed for quality and balance, while mid-season games are much more experimental.

If you would like to run a game for Season 8 this spring, please submit a spreadsheet to me by private message asap. (The actual deadline is before the final mid-season game begins, and I will make sure that exact time frame is announced as we get closer.)

Thank you all for playing, we'll see you in 2017, and again, on behalf of the Gafia Mod Team, (except maybe Roy,) Happy Holidays and best wishes for you and yours in the new year.

Sophia

Scum teams be like:

keep-calm-and-ensure-prb5s.png

Oh interesting, I had no idea. I imagine they'll be pretty limited then but hopefully I get to join some.

If you want to join a game that's already full (and hasn't started) and haven't played another game that midseason there will be more than enough people willing to give you their spot :)

Finished the survey. c:

Are we doing a Review Thread at all?

yay thank you doppel!

review thread will be up after mid-season this time. last time review thread was done after the main and the mid-season experiences and /or feedback wasn't captured at all

also if you have completed the survey and later got a PM to complete the survey, just ignore it. i donno who has done the survey or not (unless you tell me like doppel), y'see

Top Bottom