• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

AgentOtaku said:
Where's a good place to get one of these new?

I think I've said it before but I don't know if many people saw, a lot of times Walmart has them left in stock since nobody really buys them anymore. I've picked up five micro's for $30 each at a Walmart I go to when I visit the beach. They don't seem to show up regularly but it's about a 50 / 50 chance they have them when I show up. Obviously your mileage may vary but it's worth a shot. I'm actually heading back to the beach tomorrow so maybe I'll check. :lol

All these DSi XL pics are killing me, I have to wait 2-3 weeks to go buy mine =(. Also, I was planning on the Bronze, that looks really black to me (good thing) is it like that in person?

isny

napkin dispenser
Some stuff from Amazon.co.uk (Yes Man, In Like Flint/Our Man Flint, The Waterboy, Cowboy Bebop Knockin on Heaven's Door(omg widescreen cowboy bebop!!!))

And some more from an amazing ebay seller! (Outlaw Star Complete Collection, Escaflowne Complete Collection)

So glad this month is over...I can't really think of anything I need to buy in April...(except for cheap easter candy next week, lol)

91hpwh.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I really, really like JustAnotherOtaku <3

End of the month pick-ups for me:

IMG_1678.jpg

(had to buy 2 boxes of them :D)

IMG_1679.jpg

(which lead to buying...)

IMG_1683.jpg

(and)
IMG_1684.jpg

IMG_1694.jpg

(forgot to buy when it came out)

IMG_1680.jpg

(shiny)

IMG_1695.jpg

IMG_1697.jpg

(a pair of TOMS for the summer - they're nice and light)

AND FINALLY:
IMG_1681.jpg

IMG_1685.jpg

IMG_1686.jpg

IMG_1690.jpg

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
The HP Mini 311 I ordered came today!

4478966567_e002571316_b.jpg

Specs:

HP Mini 311
• Black Swirl
• Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
• Intel(R) Atom(TM) Processor N280 (1.66GHz, 512KB L2, 667 Mhz FSB) with NVIDIA ION graphics
• 3GB DDR3 System Memory (1 Dimm)
• 160GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
• 11.6" diagonal HD LED BrightView Widescreen Display (1366 x 768)
• External Tray LightScribe Super Multi 8X DVD+/-RW w/Double Layer
• HP Mini Webcam
• Wireless-N Card
• HP Color Matching Keyboard
• 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
• Microsoft(R) Works 9.0
• HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope

Forsete

Very nice HP Mini. How is the keyboard to use?

Got myself a new headset. I have been using the old Logitech SOCOM one, but they are now more or less broken. :(

4479001561_6112e7d12d_b.jpg

Tiefooz

Forsete said:

Got myself a new headset. I have been using the old Logitech SOCOM one, but they are now more or less broken. :(

4479001561_6112e7d12d_b.jpg

I have a pair of G35s, and I love 'em, but my god, be so so gentle with them -- the cups are suspended by some very, very thin hinges, and if you drop them on, say, a hardwood floor or something, they'll snap surprisingly easily.

I'm really careful with my stuff, and managed to break two pairs over three months. :(

ChryZ said:

Funny story about Talisker. I went to a scotch bar one night with a couple of friends, one of whom is from Scotland. I ordered a Talisker neat and my Scottish friend started laughing at me. He told me Talisker is basically the Budweiser of scotch back in Scotland. Well excuse me. That was four years ago, haven't had it since.

For the record, I liked it. Not my favorite scotch, but it has a nice, spicy bite to it.

Carl

JustAnotherOtaku said:

You actually bought that? What kind of weird look did you get from the people there, haha.

Unless i am missing something and you work at a Games retailer :) if so, sorry

54-46!

Carl said:
You actually bought that? What kind of weird look did you get from the people there, haha.

Unless i am missing something and you work at a Games retailer :) if so, sorry
Pro tip: online stores actually exist too.

ChryZ

Confusatron said:
Funny story about Talisker. I went to a scotch bar one night with a couple of friends, one of whom is from Scotland. I ordered a Talisker neat and my Scottish friend started laughing at me. He told me Talisker is basically the Budweiser of scotch back in Scotland. Well excuse me. That was four years ago, haven't had it since.

For the record, I liked it. Not my favorite scotch, but it has a nice, spicy bite to it.
Surely there's better stuff, but the Talisker is quite inexpensive and good value. I like it a lot for what it is.

Goidil

photo_1.jpg

- Pokèmon HeartGold
- Heart of Darkness
- Bristow, comic strips by Dickens
- King Kong
- Stagecoach
- Splinter Cell Double Agent
- The Simpsons Hit and Run
- FIFA 07
- Gran Torino
- Need for Speed Carbon
- Gotcha Force
- Test Drive Unlimited

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Forsete said:

It's great! It's 92% the size of a normal keyboard, and very easy to type on. I was also pleased to see that Windows 7 has Eastern language support ready from the get-go.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Just got this in the mail! The cases seemed beat up so I checked the disks and not a blemish! I don't think the person I bought it off of used these at all! :lol
HNI_0025.jpg

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I realized I would soon grow tired of the bronze color, so I opted for burgandy instead.
4479566611_9dc2c95b52_o.jpg

Two amazing games.
4479566661_49323d288b_o.jpg

I didn't play this when it came out because I detest the cover art. I'm glad I gave it a chance.
4480215016_13dd754610_o.jpg

Big fan of the SNES game, and I've heard good things about this one.
4480215066_5514f8b281_o.jpg

What can I say? She's one of my favs.
4480214888_a46a5ea91d_o.jpg

WEGGLES said:
When did incompetence make for good marketing for food?

"Oops we fucked up Cpt Crunch!" :lol

No idea honestly, but even to this day, when I eat Crunch Berries I usually save them for last. So 'All Crunch Berries' is a godsend when I have the urge to eat Cpt Crunch.

Mailenstein said:
You are late, son. But then again, welcome :D !

Yeah. I was so annoyed when I missed them by five minutes. Then the Adidas store didn't tell me that their second shipment came in so I went weeks without checking. Finally decided to go by the store for the hell of it and found out they were holding my pair for me. :lol

WEGGLES said:
When did incompetence make for good marketing for food?

"Oops we fucked up Cpt Crunch!" :lol
I seem to remember using that gimmick a lot in the 90s. Like "OH NO, LUCKY ACCIDENTALLY COMBINED THE MARSHMALLOW SHAPES!!" and the Lucky Charms balloon marshmallows had little clover shapes in them.

General Mills and Kelloggs really need to keep their mascots out of the production side of things. They always fuck everything up.

Top Bottom