• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

mintylurb

Verapamil said:
I've started this and it is good, though the number of secondary objectives is dizzying.
Yeah. I picked it up because I read it's similar to saints row 2. I hope it's as fun as saints row 2.

Maklershed said:
Beautiful kitchen Devin. I'm thinking about getting a house built this year and I think I'm gonna steal your design if I do. :D
Thank you very much!

We just bought the house two months ago... I am extremely happy with how it has turned out after we painted/decorated.

There are a bunch more pictures of the house here if you're interested.

Verapamil said:
Love the look. You don't have young children, do you? ;)

'cause that glassware wouldn't last two minutes at our house.
haha nope just two cats... I imagine once we do have kids our house will not look this nice!

Carl

Devin Olsen said:
New Lawn Mower
March22nd2010-LawnMower005Large.jpg

There's something i love about American streets. Not quite sure what it is. They just look so big and lovely...

Well, when i say American...Anything could be bigger than where i love in the middle of the English countryside.

A few end of the month pickups:

Thanks to the crazy coupon deals on these i got all three for about $18. That's a big win!!!
29c8dqc.jpg

This is easily a contender for Game of the Year. It's too much fun.
11jwt1v.jpg

Late to the party on buying this but eventually got it.
23kzyaa.jpg

Heard nothing but great things about these and they seemed cheap enough to take a risk on them and no doubt they improve the dualshock 3 so much.
34gudn9.jpg

The screens are just too good.
25zqkja.jpg

Best purchase of the month by far. I can't wait for this show.
23jlcuv.jpg

Some CDs i decided i liked.
Heathen and Artillery. I like the Heathen one more after a few listens.

Some DVDs in a sale, yay!

DarkSiders for 360 and Just Cause 2 LE on PC.

And the big one for this month. Out with the beloved old and in with the new!

Bought a case and game to go with it, i mean it's not like i have enough DS games on the go already. *ahem*

On top of the £30 worth of Perler beads and the other games and dvds i've already posted this month. I'm going to exercise some restrain next month... yeah right :(

Devin Olsen said:
Thank you very much!

We just bought the house two months ago... I am extremely happy with how it has turned out after we painted/decorated.

So jealous. Your house is awesome.

neoism

Devin Olsen said:
Thank you very much!

Gorgeous house sir!

Ecto311

2a7xxc9.jpg

Edited because I don't know what shit can be forged. All you need to know is I am seeing Conan in May and I am an adult.

vejas

Banned
Liquidus said:
Well this is the 5th time I've failed as both as a human being and a gamer. After two years I found a mint condition copy of Indigo Prophecy at my local EB Games, $15. I also picked up a BD Remote as it was $11 at SonyStyle.

15q27t2.jpg

Yay you got a copy of Indigo Prophecy!!!!!

SUPREME1

Banned
Ecto311 said:
2a7xxc9.jpg

Edited because I don't know what shit can be forged. All you need to know is I am seeing Conan in May and I am an adult.

All I needed. Thanks!

Make sure you get there before me or you'll be the one who's "prohibited".

Sdawg36

Not much for me this month, only pick up was this a few weeks ago at BB when they had it on sale for $50. Been meaning to try it out and getting all the SE stuff for my gaming clutter in my room sealed the deal.
4475286612_53280d3236.jpg

4475286616_212840abe5.jpg

Unicorn

Just got this in the mail today from Japan.

It's the complete collection of all the music in Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver.

Including a 3rd disc that contains all the original 8-bit music!:D

Nobody seems interested in my older purcases but here it goes!

I picked up 2 Virtua Cop light guns for 100 yen each. The boxes were in fair condition but the guns inside were in perfect shape. I even got Virtua Cop 2 in the Virtua Cop 2 version one that wasn't supposed to have software in it in the first place.

I can't use them right now because I only have an LCD Sharp Aquos. Maybe I'll grab a CRT TV some day or just sell them off.

DSC00002-6.jpg

DSC00005-6.jpg

Some end of the month pickups.

Downloads

neo1.jpg

Awesome white Gamecube i picked up for £7.00 :D

neo2.jpg

And decided it was time to backup all that precious data on my Laptop and Popcorn hour box so picked up a WD My Book Essential 2TB Drive.

neo3.jpg

neo4.jpg

Sorry for the shit pictures, will use a proper camera next time and not the crappy iPhone.

54-46!

Quake III Arena - Big box metal case, and.. why would anyone need a guide to Quake? :lol

2zfic6x.jpg

Return to Castle Wolfenstein - metal case

2ntw7xi.jpg

Also got this abomination as a "bonus", but we all know where it belongs.

1074z13.jpg

Cats! however these girls are 10+ years old.

33ngu85.jpg

CHARGING LAZORBEAM.

2aagf49.jpg

D23

Devin Olsen said:
House Stuff! I love it...

New Dining Room Table
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a159/DevinOlsen/March29th2010-KitchenAfter011Large.jpg[/MG]

[I]New Lawn Mower[/I]
[IMG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a159/DevinOlsen/March22nd2010-LawnMower005Large.jpg[/MG]

I am considering picking up a DSi XL in a couple hours... yay-nay? should I wait to pick it up cheaper on Craigslist or something?[/QUOTE]

thats a nice kitchen! and wait for 3D DS instead :P

nny

Time to update the pick-ups:

So I bought _another_ copy of Machinarium, this time the English edition:

DSC05009.jpg

...and I guess I'm done with spending money on Machinarium, bring out the next game Amanita:

DSC05010.jpg

;P

DSC05004.jpg

DSC05007.jpg

New HDD for the PS3; feels so good not worrying about how much space left I still have :

DSC05006.jpg

DSC05005.jpg

MANLY BICEPS!

DSC05008.jpg

kid ness

AgentOtaku said:
Where's a good place to get one of these new?
You're gonna have to check eBay, no retailers carry Game Boy Micros anymore. You might get lucky at a mom & pop store.
If you go to eBay for a new one, expect to pay $70+.

lantus

MasterLeePhD said:
Some end of the month pickups.

And decided it was time to backup all that precious data on my Laptop and Popcorn hour box so picked up a WD My Book Essential 2TB Drive.

neo3.jpg

How is that My Book working out for you? I've been looking at getting one, but I heard the software that comes installed into it is pretty crappy.

54-46! said:
Quake III Arena - Big box metal case, and.. why would anyone need a guide to Quake? :lol

Q3:A[IMG]

Return to Castle Wolfenstein - metal case

[IMG]Best game ever[IMG]

Also got this abomination as a "bonus", but we all know where it belongs.

[IMG]Quake 4 sucks

Cats! however these girls are 10+ years old.

catz[IMG]

[spoiler]CHARGING LAZORBEAM.[/spoiler]

[IMG]with hatz[IMG][/QUOTE]
PERFECT POST, 10/10, A+

distantmantra said:
I think they're great. They give me ideas of things to look for next week in Tokyo.
Cool, you made my day.

Anyway, at least you know that you don't have to pay too much for good stuff. Make the most out of the bad exchange rate. You're going to loose a lot of money when exchanging most currencies to yen, especially dollars.

filipe

BC2 was an interesting buy. Went to Futureshop, hoping I could get a price match on the 360 version, but Walmart only had the PS3 copy on sale, so went with that. Normally it's a price match + 10% of the difference.

So, $59 - $49 = $10. 10% * $10 = $1.

Technically should have gotten the game for $48, but she made the mistake of selling it to me for $38. Be it a mistake or not, I went with it.

Ass' Creed - $30. Can't complain for such a fun game.

Just Cause 2 I got over the weekend with a price match as well for 40 bucks.

Best purchase was Cyanide and Happiness. Friends keep asking me why I'd buy something freely available online, to which I reply "Unlike you, I want to support them."

For $16, you get quite a few lawlz.

AyvBI.jpg

imgur.com really kills the quality when resizing :\.

Whogie

Redid the networking in the house :D
Apple Airport Extreme, and a gigabit switch.
DSCF0855-1.jpg

And an 802.11n card for my laptop.
DSCF0847-1.jpg

And games!
DSCF0849-1.jpg

Shiny :O
DSCF0859-1.jpg

DSCF0863-1.jpg

Top Bottom