• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Gong

DSC00540.jpg

Great start to the week, will be epic with the castle as a backdrop :)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
cw_sasuke said:
Lyte Edge said:
HP Pavilion DM1Z

AMD Dual-Core E-350
AMD Radeon HD 6310M
4GB RAM (Expandable up to 8GB)
11.6" 1366x768 LED Screen
320 GB 7200 RPM HD

It's the same size as the HP Mini 311 Netbook I was using previously, but with double the power. I don't need a lot from a PC and am very much a casual user, but I did want something that could handle multitasking better and play HD video more smoothly, and this works for that, although when I tried a 1080P blu-ray rip (hooked up via HDMI to my 1080P monitor), it stuttered a bit here and there. No problem with 1080P steaming though, and I typically watch 720P video anyway. The keyboard is also much better and the touchpad has been improved a bit.

It runs Dragon Age well enough to the point that I am ditching the 360 version.
r8Jpsl.jpg

Sexy man - do want !!!
Why isnt HP sellin the device in europe ? I dont get it.....

I read that they are supposed to be coming out in Europe soon. :)

leng jai said:
Oppo BD-93.

tqLBc.jpg

New table on the cheap to put the TV on. The limited space meant I didn't have much to choose from. At least the color almost matches the rest of the furniture.

PQQ6w.jpg

Please tell me, that you use the Oppo player with another (i. e. much bigger) TV...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Lyte Edge said:
I read that they are supposed to be coming out in Europe soon. :)

Awesome news if true :)
Not to derail the thread, but how dies DA runs on it ?

Madds

dc89 said:
50% off the iPad. I couldn't say no to that. Not really bothered about the iPad 2 for a number of reasons but that's for the iPad thread!

Where did you find the Ipad1 for 50% off? I'd probably pick one up for that price.

Got my iPad 2 16Gb wifi today. Go another one coming in a few weeks (found this one earlier than my online order)

103_0363.jpg

103_0364.jpg

Posted some impressions in the iPad 2 thread in the Off Topic forum.

LurkerJZ3 said:
Evangelion: 2.22 You Can (Not) Advance U.S. release by Funimation Entertainment.

*drool*

UK DVD/BD release isn't until the end of May. Anyone know if the US Blu-ray happens to be region free? I could just go with the Region 1 DVD but would prefer the BD.

Risette

A Good Citizen
JustAnotherOtaku said:
*drool*

UK DVD/BD release isn't until the end of May. Anyone know if the US Blu-ray happens to be region free? I could just go with the Region 1 DVD but would prefer the BD.
The US BD is region AB, so it'll work in the UK.

jtkauff

Yakuza 2 (PS2), 3 (PS3) and 4 (PS3) - Picked up Yakuza 3 & 4 during the Kmart first week sale for $44.99 total (gift card). Yakuza 2 showed up this morning from Gamestop.com for about $12. No book, but at least it came with the original case. I've been looking for it locally for about 6 months now so this will do for now, especially since I'm at the end of 1 and now have 3 & 4 starting me in the face.

(click for larger/clear view)

The Simpsons - The Complete Season Six with the mail-away packaging (i.e. no plastic Homer head box) - Got it on Sunday for $14.95 at Half Price Books. Given that they are doing one of their "week of coupon" promotions I might stop by later this week and see if they'll let me use one of the coupons on it, but given the fact this is the first time I've seen this packaging in-store I'm not complaining in the least.

The Simpsons - The Complete Season Three - Bought this today at Half Price Books for $4.20 (marked at $7, used a 40% off coupon on it). Given how easy these are to put on an iPhone picking up these seasons is a no-brainer for the cost to entertainment ratio.

grap3fruitman said:

I read this on the net earlier.

The VC-1, 1.78:1, 1080p encode here could have been pretty damned good, if it weren't for the fact that the disc is quite literally bursting at its seams. Sure, the Blu-ray release of the third season was a single disc as well (the CD soundtrack doesn't count), but it was about 100 minutes shorter.

The problem isn't the sometimes thick, thick rings surrounding characters that make them appear glowing. It isn't the stairstepping, shimmering, or other aliasing-like issues that pop up in static, moving, and panning shots alike. It isn't the few random speckles, or the cheap animation that has the SPHINX logo stay stationary and hover above some clothing articles, instead of changing angles with them. The problem is artifacting, and holy shit is it everywhere. The interrogation scene at the end of the first episode has to be one of the worst artifact-riddled moments I've ever seen on Blu-ray. It gets super heavy, discolors, adds movement to pictures that shouldn't have it, constantly draws the eyes, and the less I say about the banding, the better. It's a crying shame.

Let us know how things are so we can avoid it if possible.

So I spent quite a bit more than I should have this month. I am weak :-/

6jn19d.jpg

2v9vout.jpg

2hsasyr.jpg

Also a Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows, but I couldn't be arsed to unplug it just to take a photo.

Auron_Kale said:
Officially out on the 29th but check with rightstuf - they've been known to ship early.

Heh in all my years of ordering anime online, I don't think I've ever encountered US companies sticking to "official" street dates :p Last thing I ordered, for example, was the El Cazador de la Bruja boxset which was listed as a 8th March release. I had it pre-ordered with a UK online retailer and even then, taking into consideration them having to get it from the US and ship to me, I had it about 10 days before that date :p

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Heh in all my years of ordering anime online, I don't think I've ever encountered US companies sticking to "official" street dates :p Last thing I ordered, for example, was the El Cazador de la Bruja boxset which was listed as a 8th March release. I had it pre-ordered with a UK online retailer and even then, taking into consideration them having to get it from the US and ship to me, I had it about 10 days before that date :p

Well, I usually stick with Amazon for most of the year - I'll usually drop cash for other series when I'm at conventions - and they actually stick to shipping dates. I prefer them over say rightstuf only because I don't want to pay for shipping and end up getting non-anime BDs with my usual orders. Manga though, I just pop over to Kinokuniya.

Risette

A Good Citizen
So based on what I read here and other places, I went ahead and ordered Eva 2.22 from Rightstuf. If other people are getting it early does that mean they're shipping it out early for everyone?

Still keeping my Amazon order because it's cheaper, but I'd rather pay $3 more and get it earlier.

Prissy said:
Check out my coupe in this thread :) congrats on your new car. Let the mod begin?

Yea, tint first and then probably grill and coil overs...
I didn't mod my 128i when I had it so I might make up for that with this one.

Congrats on your pickup

Aigis said:
So based on what I read here and other places, I went ahead and ordered Eva 2.22 from Rightstuf. If other people are getting it early does that mean they're shipping it out early for everyone?

Still keeping my Amazon order because it's cheaper, but I'd rather pay $3 more and get it earlier.

They usually ship once they get them. It's not always a sure thing, but it's mostly what happens with rightstuf.

I usually can wait to get stuff on release date because I rarely have time to watch the moment I get it.

lolmark

MortalMonkey said:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/mishimakazama/IMG_2788.jpg
I want one too!!!

Another good mail day.
IMG_20110321_193900.jpg

IMG_20110321_133642.jpg

Shout outs to Jap-Sai.com for hooking it up with Super Turbo on the Dreamcast. Great service. They just recently had to close their Japanese offices, but luckily still have stock in their Europe office.

Alucrid

Banned
Mister Wilhelm said:
My local blockbuster closed down and they were selling EVERYTHING for almost nothing.

Here's my haul.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/maxlove20003/blockbusterhaul.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Even though they're 2.99...I couldn't do it. Those cases are hideous.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
lolmark said:
Shout outs to Jap-Sai.com for hooking it up with Super Turbo on the Dreamcast. Great service. They just recently had to close their Japanese offices, but luckily still have stock in their Europe office.

Mike and the crew at jap-sai have been so helpful. They're great to deal with. I wish em' well!

Got my new Lincoln Force™ shirt:

z9f9m.jpg

And managed to snag this for a little under $100 on eBay last week:

KyX01.jpg

What shitty packaging, but the complete series, new and sealed, for under $100? I couldn't say no.

isny

napkin dispenser
()_listerfeend_() said:
What shitty packaging, but the complete series, new and sealed, for under $100? I couldn't say no.

Lots of these packages have defective discs. I'd check em to make sure they work before the time is up on ebay to dispute the transaction. (The discs will either work or not load at all)

Great deal though if everything works out =D

Jaroof

Few more things:

2011-03-15190923.jpg

Hilarious.

2011-03-22031457.jpg

In preparation for the 3DS :D

2011-02-21194226.jpg

A hilarious book that I had to get as soon as I saw the title, followed by the dinosaur's face.

2011-03-22031515.jpg

Top Bottom