• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
HP Pavilion DM1Z

AMD Dual-Core E-350
AMD Radeon HD 6310M
4GB RAM (Expandable up to 8GB)
11.6" 1366x768 LED Screen
320 GB 7200 RPM HD

It's the same size as the HP Mini 311 Netbook I was using previously, but with double the power. I don't need a lot from a PC and am very much a casual user, but I did want something that could handle multitasking better and play HD video more smoothly, and this works for that, although when I tried a 1080P blu-ray rip (hooked up via HDMI to my 1080P monitor), it stuttered a bit here and there. No problem with 1080P steaming though, and I typically watch 720P video anyway. The keyboard is also much better and the touchpad has been improved a bit.

Left = Mini 311, Right = DM1Z
QDo9Il.jpg
jHr12l.jpg

It runs Dragon Age well enough to the point that I am ditching the 360 version.
r8Jpsl.jpg

leng jai

Oppo BD-93.

tqLBc.jpg

New table on the cheap to put the TV on. The limited space meant I didn't have much to choose from. At least the color almost matches the rest of the furniture.

PQQ6w.jpg

CDs. Had to wait about 4 months to get the LOTR set from Amazon UK, which is okay since I snagged it when the price was 12 pounds.

AEwWi.jpg

Games. Loving TS4 and Motorstorm.

xwLsb.jpg

plc268

milkham said:
wow what case is your pc in? that looks so cramped

Taking a stab in the dark... looks like an Antec P180 series.

I only say that because I have a P182, and the innards look exactly like that.

DXPett1

Gritesh said:
I just did that on Wednesday night, been playing my old phat every day for the last 3 days no issues so far. Make sure to clean off the thermal compound and apply new stuff, and then just make sure that the screws clamping the heatsink down to the chips are nice and tiiiight

Cheers for the advice Gritesh. Every little bit helps :) (Lucky enough I have plenty of Arctic Silver left over)

tsigo said:
How well could you already play guitar before buying that? I really wish some site (or individual!) would do a long-form article following someone never having touched a real guitar and using that to learn.
Yeah, I have zero experience and was thinking of doing a set of Youtube videos doing exactly what you're suggested. That would also require quite a bit of effort on my part though and I don't know if I'll follow through with it.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Lyte Edge said:
HP Pavilion DM1Z

AMD Dual-Core E-350
AMD Radeon HD 6310M
4GB RAM (Expandable up to 8GB)
11.6" 1366x768 LED Screen
320 GB 7200 RPM HD

It's the same size as the HP Mini 311 Netbook I was using previously, but with double the power. I don't need a lot from a PC and am very much a casual user, but I did want something that could handle multitasking better and play HD video more smoothly, and this works for that, although when I tried a 1080P blu-ray rip (hooked up via HDMI to my 1080P monitor), it stuttered a bit here and there. No problem with 1080P steaming though, and I typically watch 720P video anyway. The keyboard is also much better and the touchpad has been improved a bit.

It runs Dragon Age well enough to the point that I am ditching the 360 version.
r8Jpsl.jpg

Sexy man - do want !!!
Why isnt HP sellin the device in europe ? I dont get it.....

Still need to find me a mint Ridge Racer 7.

Aside from Okamiden and MLB 11 I posted last week, this finishes off my week.

Picked up these games, it's too easy to spend money with iOS. I hate it.
16aekow.png

<3 You SEGA. Found Smooth Moves at a trade center for 11.50 and MINT God Hand and Mafia CE at GS. You people need to buy God Eater Burst.
4qlk6a.jpg

Is Summer Wars any good? I never heard of it until I saw it at Best Buy the other day. I don't really watch any anime besides One Piece and in the past Cowboy Bebop. I love the Studio Ghibli films as well though.

.hacked

Got such a good deal on my MiniCooper S friday took my wife shopping for a Counrtyman S today.

20hpkzb.jpg

No more haul post for me, I am taped out for the rest of the year...

Alucrid said:
Back to being poor again...

[IG]http://i.imgur.com/V5Ncnl.jpg[/IG]
[/IMG]

What shoes are those, they look nice. (Are there other colours available)?

Edit: Also, is that your first Banks book? If it is, you are in for a treat!

Alucrid

Banned
VGChampion said:
Is Summer Wars any good? I never heard of it until I saw it at Best Buy the other day. I don't really watch any anime besides One Piece and in the past Cowboy Bebop. I love the Studio Ghibli films as well though.

I thought it was a nice flick to watch. Nothing heavy, just a nice light hearted film.

whatsinaname said:
What shoes are those, they look nice. (Are there other colours available)?

Edit: Also, is that your first Banks book? If it is, you are in for a treat!

DesertEater said:
I really like the boots and the pants; where did you get them from ?

Boots are Red Wing Iron Rangers (they have 3-4 more colors), pants are from Context Clothing. And yeah, it's my first book from The Culture series. I remember someone saying that the order you read them in doesn't matter so I just grabbed one at the bookstore.

Alucrid said:
I thought it was a nice flick to watch. Nothing heavy, just a nice light hearted film.

Boots are Red Wing Iron Rangers (they have 3-4 more colors), pants are from Context Clothing. And yeah, it's my first book from The Culture series. I remember someone saying that the order you read them in doesn't matter so I just grabbed one at the bookstore.

Thanks.

And yeah, order doesn't matter. Except for the latest book, Surface Detail. You should try to read that after all the others already printed (Anything more I say will be spoilers). Player of Games is a good pick though, it is the most accessible introduction to the Culture. Banks is easily one of the best Science Fiction writers still writing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Alucrid said:
Back to being poor again...

yKphOl.jpg
I also bought Fantasia on Blu-Ray. Haven't watched it yet.
Bought it with Nightmare Before Christmas on blu-ray because I'm sure it'll be impossible to find come next year

Schlep

WEGGLES said:
What a strange layout inside. Must be a lot smaller than it looks in the pics for a matx board to fit in like it did. Nice set up.
Thanks! It's basically if you took a full size ATX tower, and then cut it in half right down the middle of the case length-wise. Perfect size/performance ratio for someone who likes pc gaming, but can't get away with a gigantic case. Only drawback is if you run crossfire/SLI, then you're out of PCI-e slots.

milkham said:
is it loud or hot?
No, it's actually pretty quiet. I meant to grab a 9-volt battery for my dB meter today from the grocery store, but forgot. If you're really interested, I can PM you the reading. To give a general idea, it's not as quiet as my MacBook Pro is/was, but it's quieter than when the fan gets going on my HP laptop.

milkham

Schlep said:
Thanks! It's basically if you took a full size ATX tower, and then cut it in half right down the middle of the case length-wise. Perfect size/performance ratio for someone who likes pc gaming, but can't get away with a gigantic case. Only drawback is if you run crossfire/SLI, then you're out of PCI-e slots.

No, it's actually pretty quiet. I meant to grab a 9-volt battery for my dB meter today from the grocery store, but forgot. If you're really interested, I can PM you the reading. To give a general idea, it's not as quiet as my MacBook Pro is/was, but it's quieter than when the fan gets going on my HP laptop.

hehe thats cool man, your description is enough. your setup looks pretty sweet

JLG-

Schlep said:
New computer. I feel like I can get to the end of the internet with this.

http://www.sexykula.com/photos/albums/userpics/IMAG0115.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
Wow, that looks awesome.

kiryogi

Banned
A few more pickups :eek: Ar Tonelico Qoga w/ Purge party calendar (not pictured, already hanging on wall), Shin Sangoku Musou 6 with Sima Zhao ballpoint preorder pen.

artonelicomusou.png

Kotobukiya Rockman Roll-chan kit. (I've been looking for this for months since it's first release! )

rollchan1.png

Roll sprites on the box and manual. So cute and awesome.

rollchan2.png

rollchan3.png

The many different faces of Roll!

rollchan4.png

rollchan5.png

rollchan6.png

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Mister Wilhelm said:
My local blockbuster closed down and they were selling EVERYTHING for almost nothing.

Here's my haul.

blockbusterhaul.jpg

I picked up like 6 blu rays for about 10 dollars the other day lol. I checked around the Blockbusters that were closing and only one store was getting rid of blu rays with the BB online service as the other stores were only giving out free dvds 9.99 or less. I might head back out this week to pick up some more blu rays since they up the discounts every week till closing.

Top Bottom