• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Sew

1u0cu.jpg

The spoils of two ebay auctions, total spend before shipping $40.

Benjamin1981 said:
Finally picked up a new bedroom tv. You can't imagine how hard it is to find a tv with a matte screen and non glossy-black enclosure. So i decided to go the 40" Philips 9705. Really nice tv with full led backlight with local dimming, 400Hz and of course ambilight.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/Benjamin_1981/Gaf/2ca3c6ce.jpg
How true. Philips seems to be last bastion for gloss-haters like you (and me). The very same reason led me to buying the 32" model from the pre-LED 9-series last winter - haven't regretted it one bit, both picture- and aesthetics-wise. Congratulations on a great pick-up!

WEGGLES said:
Oh noo!

I have a 5850 :[... it's not that old is it?

No, it isn't and its still a kick ass card. However I was able to pick up the 6850 for $279.99 with a $20 rebate. That and I sold some junk on ebay to make up for what I spent. Even after picking up the 6960, I still haven't installed it. I really wanted to pick up another 5850 and run a crossfire setup, but at the same time I'd rather have a single GPU setup vs a multi-GPU setup.... less enegry and heat.

But no, the 5850 is still a good card, getting a little long in the tooth when you game in higher resolutions (1920x1080 and up) but its still a good.

Okay, I lied. I got one more thing this month.

AFfC5.jpg

Got it for $10 in a garage sale and works great. Well, other than not being able to see any actual changes through the eye piece when adjusting focus/lighting settings. I've been having to keep notes on all my photos just to see what does what later.

Canon EF 50mm 1.8 Lens (lens used to take the pic)
_MG_4570.jpg

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY
_MG_4542.jpg

VLTTP and I'm loving everything about this game
minus the bad jumping animations and shadows
, can't wait for Skyrim

Scrubbing it up with Marvel Vs Capcom 3
_MG_4566.jpg

Hard Corps: Uprising with some pickups from a few months back:
_MG_4557.jpg

Buzz!, Tv Show King, Dead Nation, Tetris, Pac Man, POP: SoT - WW- TT, Magic The Gathering: DOTP with expansions 1-3

_MG_4561.jpg

Starcraft II poor man's Edition, Ass Creed II, RE5

_MG_4649.jpg

plus a bonus:

03182011053.jpg

gpu/mobo/ram or psu problem >< decipher code=profit

MedIC86 said:
wow that looks like a serious error :O

I don't want to derail the pickup thread, but yeah it is. I can still boot up into my OS despite the video garbles I get during startup, but I have weird faint squiggly lines that are blurring up my screen when I'm in Windows 7/XP.

Will be posting in the new pickup thread when I upgrade.

mkenyon

Banned
FrankNitty said:
Finally after a week of waiting since launch I finally got my 64gb wifi/3G (AT&T) white Ipad 2 lol

Today I picked up a cream leather smart case.

I have to admit' this is one of the better investments I have made lately.

3532633f.jpg

Grizzly longcut natural here. Respect.

Forsete

I got this little monocular from a army surplus outlet. It was made in 1942 by Hensold (by then owned by Carl Zeiss) in Germany.

It is stamped with a crown which means it is "the crowns" property, aka. military/state.

The optics are fantastic, and the overall condition is almost mint. The military certainly takes care of its stuff. :) Case has the same serial number as the monocular.

I also got a cool looking gas mask bag from 1936, it can be used as a camera bag or something. Also two units of military cutlery, (spoon, knife and fork, neatly held together).

Spookie

230311.jpg

- Two tees from Threadless.
- Matrix Trilogy.
- Half of this months comic pick ups.

Quite surprised with the tees. Delivery and quality is excellent. Not so pleased with the £7 VAT/charge slapped on top by UPS though. I learned by lesson though. Keep the order under $29 to avoid any surprises.

Kalnos

Banned
MisterNoisy said:
New PC Speakers. Methinks I won't have to replace these for a good long time. :)

voq2cw.jpg

Yeah, I picked up a pair when they were on sale a while back. Pretty good for what I need.

I'm no audiophile though.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Forsete said:
I got this little monocular from a army surplus outlet. It was made in 1942 by Hensold (by then owned by Carl Zeiss) in Germany.

It is stamped with a crown which means it is "the crowns" property, aka. military/state.

The optics are fantastic, and the overall condition is almost mint. The military certainly takes care of its stuff. :) Case has the same serial number as the monocular.
Now that's seriously badass. If I may...How much?

Spookie said:
- Two tees from Threadless.
I love the Communist Party tee.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
haul322.jpg

Noticed earlier today that the Ys Premium Editions got price dropped to $30 on Amazon. Went to see if Fry's had marked them down too, turns out they were on clearance there for $25 each. Score.

(They also had Gladiator Begins and Prinny 2 down to $19.99 each, for anyone looking for drops on those.)

Hazelhurst

adly0p.jpg

25q95kp.jpg

The insulated Klean Kanteen is supposed to insulate hot drinks for up to six hours and cold drinks between 12 - 24 hours. I got this since I'm giving up bottled water.

Y'know, I just bought a Final Fantasy XIII bundle back in like September, so the thing is only a little over 6 months old. But I was in K-Mart today, I saw this guy in the case, and my self-control just snapped, mostly because I didn't know when I'd ever see one in a store again.

KvqOl.jpg

Ironically I just bought the stand-alone Reach controller like last Friday.

AbsoluteZero said:
Y'know, I just bought a Final Fantasy XIII bundle back in like September, so the thing is only a little over 6 months old. But I was in K-Mart today, I saw this guy in the case, and my self-control just snapped, mostly because I didn't know when I'd ever see one in a store again.

KvqOl.jpg

Ironically I just bought the stand-alone Reach controller like last Friday.

Congrats on the console! I love mine as well. The new Silver controller with the transforming d-pad matches nicely.

MisterNoisy

Weenerz said:
How do you like them? I heard they are great.

Much clearer and cleaner than I expected, and (to my ears anyway) worth the asking price for sure. I've cranked them about as high as my own personal comfort level will allow and I dial it back well before they need me to. They're a huge improvement over the 10+ year old Creative 5.1 speakers I had hooked up to my PC before.

Top Bottom