• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

lolmark

My brother and I are planning on running a justin.tv stream. Website: www.kocast.org
IMG_20110318_122550.jpg

Mixer and 2 microphones. Second microphone not pictured. D:

IMG_20110318_154701.jpg

Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike for the Dreamcast (US release was far too expensive on eBay) and the full set of Kuroda 3rd Strike Match Videos on DVD.

IMG_20110318_155528.jpg

I won the Level-Up Series' Wednesday Night Fights Season Finale contest. This is definitely going to help when my friends and I organize a tournament next month. XP

Great mail week. ;3

lolmark said:
My brother and I are planning on running a justin.tv stream. Website:
IMG_20110318_155528.jpg

I won the Level-Up Series' Wednesday Night Fights Season Finale contest. This is definitely going to help when my friends and I organize a tournament next month. XP

Great mail week. ;3

Great monitor. You're going to love it.

jtkauff

Happened across this monster and figured that it was worth the price tag now that it has dropped to $59.99, not to mention the fact that it's a genuinely limited release.

(click for a full/clear view)

Coming from Gamestop, it was, of course A) Already opened, B) had an outer box that had noticeable shelf wear/scuffing from being crammed onto the bottom-most shelf that barely had any room on it, and C) has an outer paper wrap that's torn to hell and back. Luckily, the actual items inside are fine and the game case itself is sealed, so it really could have been worse. Plus, from what I've read I'm lucky I even found the thing to begin with.

lolmark

ismaboof said:
How's the mixer? I'm in the market for one, but I don't know whether to go for the Yamaha MG82 or the Alesis MultiMax USB FX
I have to preface that I'm a complete novice when it comes to audio equipment. As far as my experience with the Yamaha mixer goes, it's works extremely well. My brother and I picked this up at a music instrument store so the clerk was able to provide up with the necessary stereo out cable to plug into the line-in in my sound card.

SUPARSTARX

lolmark said:
My brother and I are planning on running a justin.tv stream. Website: www.kocast.org
[IM]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l189/killtheflock/IMG_20110318_122550.jpg[/IMG]
Mixer and 2 microphones. Second microphone not pictured. D:

[IM]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l189/killtheflock/IMG_20110318_154701.jpg[/IMG]
Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike for the Dreamcast (US release was far too expensive on eBay) and the full set of Kuroda 3rd Strike Match Videos on DVD.

[IM]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l189/killtheflock/IMG_20110318_155528.jpg[/IMG]

Great mail week. ;3
Awesome stuff! How did you get those Kuroda DVDs? I didn't even know they were still circulating around. That's good stuff there.

Got some random stuff this week:
Sam Lee Sheng Jie 2006 Album "The Songs About You", out of print and this guys songs are awesome especially if you karaoke.

KOF13 minifigure things. I was hoping to get combination of Yuri/Ash/Elizabeth/Leona, instead I got these two duds!

201103182035a.jpg

20110318204604aaa.jpg

JEKKI

Kuroda DVDs!!!

I still want those...

FINALBOSS said:
I wasn't criticizing. I just couldn't believe it.
I read somewhere on the internet that the PS3 has no games.

on the other hand, the NES has at least 35 games based on the testimonial of the guy showing his pickup

so yeay, with a trade so unfair I guess it is hard to believe...

milkham

JEKKI said:
Kuroda DVDs!!!

I still want those...

I read somewhere on the internet that the PS3 has no games.

on the other hand, the NES has at least 35 games based on the testimonial of the guy showing his pickup

so yeay, with a trade so unfair I guess it is hard to believe...

i love you jekki

The Social Network Soundtrack on Blu-ray audio:
TSN1.jpg

TSN2.jpg

Ran Blu-ray (since Criterion will probably never get it):
RanBlu.jpg

The Making of The Empire Strikes Back:
TESB.jpg

R2D4

Banned
Got it today. Finished it and already put it where it belongs.

2011-03-18213820.jpg

Now this is what an awesome game looks like.

2011-03-18213955.jpg

REIGN x 777

Neo Member
isny said:
This is replacing my 3 year old card that recently died on me. Bunch of computer parts gave out, slowly getting them replaced. Luckily my extended warranty through my credit card saved me. They cut/are cutting me cheques for all of the dead parts that are still within the warranty window =D

n2h8jb.jpg

Was that the same as the card that died (direct replacement?), since that is like a 2.5 year old card.

(Not trying to be critical, just wondering since I enjoy helping people with computer upgrade stuff)

DXPett1

Radeon 6970

Its nice being able to crank all the settings and play @ 1920x1200 on modern games. Bring on BF3!

Ryobi Heatgun

Hopefully can bring back my phat PS3 from the dead so I can make the transfer to my new slim

(sorry for the shitty phone pics)

Gritesh

DXPett1 said:
Ryobi Heatgun

Hopefully can bring back my phat PS3 from the dead so I can make the transfer to my new slim

I just did that on Wednesday night, been playing my old phat every day for the last 3 days no issues so far. Make sure to clean off the thermal compound and apply new stuff, and then just make sure that the screws clamping the heatsink down to the chips are nice and tiiiight

isny

napkin dispenser
REIGN x 777 said:
Was that the same as the card that died (direct replacement?), since that is like a 2.5 year old card.

(Not trying to be critical, just wondering since I enjoy helping people with computer upgrade stuff)

Nope, they just cut me a cheque for my original purchase price. (Around $240, which was for a GeForce 8800GT back in 2008)

I just wanted something cheap that will run current games, hence paying $60 for the card pictured. The other $180 leftover from that particular cheque is going towards things like ram, paying off the rest of my 3DS preorder, etc.

I'll replace this card in 1-2 years if needed, but I didn't want to output a lot of money right now. March is an expensive month! >.>

hBHJS.jpg

loKd3.jpg

YAY! Found it in bottles last week, and finally tracked down 12-packs at Safeway this week. Best tasting diet sodas since Diet Mtn Dew Ultra Violet (hopefully that comes back at some point). Weird thing is I can't pick a favorite... after I have a Supernova, I want to have a Voltage, and I go back and forth.

dc89

15fngat.jpg

f1035b93.png

50% off the iPad. I couldn't say no to that. Not really bothered about the iPad 2 for a number of reasons but that's for the iPad thread!

Cross posting from the headphone thread.

TODAY IS THE DAY.

5538727586_ae0456076f_b.jpg

It comes in a nice box.

5538727862_c62040a9da_b.jpg

This is the frequency response chart for my particular LCD-2. That's a nice touch.

5538728300_fea39e3e7b_b.jpg

Everything wrapped up on the first opening of the box.

5538728838_2289c44002_b.jpg

Everything that was in the box. The bag on the left is the cleaning kit for the Caribbean rosewood. Apparently you should give it a little polish every 6 months or so.

5538729126_1666c69503_b.jpg

Glamour shot.

Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'm going to listen to some music.

fadetoblack said:
Sweet fancy Moses....

I imagine I can't afford these but........ cost?

With headphone cost, plus shipping cost, plus import fees/taxes into Canada I believe it comes to just under $1200.

Manp

DXPett1 said:
Radeon 6970

6EyGG.jpg

got exactly the same card last month... and it's a beast!

but let's get to my pick ups:

ApVEE.jpg

- Motorstorm Apocalypse

a couple of used games, dirty cheap and in good conditions (but it was a fucking pita removing price stickers):
pSzuz.jpg

- Singstar (4,90 €)
- Dante's Inferno (14,90 €)

and some PC games:
Cadw2.jpg

- Medal of Honor (11,95 €)
- Bulletstorm (39,90 €)

Medal of Honor for 12 € and you can register it on the EA Download Manager? Bulletstorm 10€ cheaper than either Steam or the EA Store? and on top of that i got a phisical copy with case and manual? fuck you digital distribution!

:)

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Bii said:
I chuckled. :)

5536316472_0144d8b630_b.jpg

Canon EOS 60D. Body only. $880.
Transcend 16GB SDHC Flash Memory Card. Class 10. (not pictured) $25
Three years and 7,000+ photos later, I finally replaced my XTi. I had wanted to make an upgrade earlier last month but Amazon would always have it out of stock (I didn't want to purchase it through a third-party seller as I had some credits to use). So when it went in stock a few mornings ago, I pulled the trigger. I'll primarily take photos with it but will dabble in some video shooting as well. My next event that I'm attending will be Wondercon in San Francisco, so getting this couldn't have come in at a better time. I still need to get an extra SDHC card (I wanted to "test" out the Transcend one before I purchase another), a battery grip and a new camera bag.

In regards to the SDHC card, I love Amazon's Certified Frustration-Free Packaging. If the price is the same or cheaper, I always opt for the frustration-free packaging. I've cut myself one too many times opening up those damn blister packaging.

Awesome pick up. I got mine a little over a month ago. Upgraded from a XSI. I think I've taken almost 2000 photos on it already :)

Top Bottom