• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Also bought Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja 4
4d2wrew

I got a MURSE! It's a Swiss Gear Sling Bag.
2zsd5e9.jpg

I wanted something small that could hold electronics that I could take with me to work and stuff. It's going to be great for my 3DS and my nook color, whenever I pick that up.

Kotomi said:
I figured he was trying to get his post count up, but I don't give them a hard time about stuff.

I think it is more about learning the ways of GAF. I never thought that post count was a big thing round these parts. Also, no big gaming pickups this month.

Edit:
AgentChris said:
To be honest I was trying to get my post count past 300.
I'll post most of my pickups in 1 post going forward.

Aha! The truth is revealed. Go figure.

Picking up my 3DS + games at midnight but in the meantime, some goodies from yesterday and today:

Legend of Mana from the US PS Store. As I said in the OT, I have always heard great things about this game but am only now getting the chance to start it. Looking forward to it.
DSC00241.jpg

Been meaning to buy PN03 for literally years and finally got round to it. Hope to get into it soon but for the moment it joins my growing retro backlog :p
Also, Eva 2.22 BD. Was going to wait until May for the UK release until I spied others posting it in here and discovered the US version was region free. Needless to say I had it ordered within minutes of hearing that :)
DSC00245.jpg

Some Square Enix stuff - Tactics Ogre Premium Edition and Dissidia 012 Legacy Edition :)
DSC00244.jpg

DSC00243.jpg

By the way, Tactics Ogre comes with a 50% off voucher for Vagrant Story from the UK PS Store. I already have the US version so if a UK-GAF member wants it just PM me and I'll give you the code :) It probably works on other Euro stores so if you're not UK but are Euro and think it'll work then you're welcome to it.

plc268 said:
So, how long did it take? I'm tempted to send one in for an autograph, but I probably won't be living at the same address a few months from now.
It took about a year. I totally forgot about it haha.

LiK said:
oh shit, Aus got a different Y4 steelcase? i am fucking tempted. i got the UK one...

Yeah, Australia got both Kuro and Shiro editions. They're exactly the same just different pre-order bonuses and obviously packaging colour. Kuro came with the Ichiban Box and Shiro got a preorder T-shirt or a free copy of Yakuza 3, depending on the store.

eXistor

l9wsh.jpg

Pilotwings is pretty sweet, but the 3DS is definitely lacking in a killer app right now. The 3D effect isn't enough to hold me over till the next great game.

IMACOMPUTA

Spookie said:
230311.jpg

- Two tees from Threadless.
- Matrix Trilogy.
- Half of this months comic pick ups.

Quite surprised with the tees. Delivery and quality is excellent. Not so pleased with the £7 VAT/charge slapped on top by UPS though. I learned by lesson though. Keep the order under $29 to avoid any surprises.

I have the Horde shirt too!
But i have a friend at threadless and get my tees for frees!

eXistor

IMACOMPUTA said:
So how are you guys liking the 3ds? Tax return is coming soon and i need a new toy!
So far so good, the menu itself is fun to play around in and Pilotwings is pretty sweet. The 3d effect is pretty cool as well, but moving around while playing makes the effect go away very easily. Having the slider about half way up is way better to me than the full effect, which is actually quite taxing on the eyes.

Face Raiders is fun for a free game, just taking pictures of people (or pets) you know is fun as hell and seeing them in the game and shooting them to shit is pretty fun for a while.

The AR cards are a nice touch, but ultimately is seems completely useless, they're not characters walking around, interacting with stuff, it's just an action figure you can move around. I'm not really sure what the point of it is, if there's even any.

All in all, it's pretty much what I expected it to be.

Wickwire

KoruptData said:
Probably my pickup of the year. 2011 Chevy Cruze

I actually bought a cruze in feburary. I love it. Nice to see other people driving it. I got LT in black granite. I test drove the ls but had to go with the lt for the turbo.

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Also, Eva 2.22 BD. Was going to wait until May for the UK release until I spied others posting it in here and discovered the US version was region free. Needless to say I had it ordered within minutes of hearing that :)

Where did you order Eva from? I'll jump on the US version as well since the packaging is nicer than we get in the UK.

Pickups: I bought a bunch of stuff this month, but just gonna post the 3DS to rep blue.

Si5q0.jpg

DeadRockstar said:
Where did you order Eva from? I'll jump on the US version as well since the packaging is nicer than we get in the UK.

United Publications

They're probably a little more expensive than directly importing from the US yourself, but I generally always use them for US anime releases as there's no danger of customs charges and they're fast at shipping (I ordered late on Tuesday night, shipped on Wednesday morning, arrived today)

It's now showing as in stock in 7-10 days though. I must have ordered their last one :/

FINALBOSS

Banned
Ace_235 said:
SDC10574.jpg

Dante's Inferno for $4.98 :)
Dissidia 012
Speed Racer Blu Ray.

Hot damn. Great pick-up on Dante's for so damn cheap. It feels like just yesterday buying that game on release day for 60 bucks.

I still need to finish it but I was absolutely blown away by the art direction on the levels. Great stuff.

Crazy-J

Banned
Zero Hero said:
Anyone who has these have any impressions while I'm at work and can't use these until tonight?

I haven't used the X31, but I have the X41 and I love them. I going to upgrade and get the new PX5 really soon.

Let me put it to you this way, I refuse to play FPS unless I have them on.

plc268

Zero Hero said:
Anyone who has these have any impressions while I'm at work and can't use these until tonight?

They're ok. I have the X31s myself, and they do a pretty decent job. My only complaint, is that the receiver will receive interference from a wireless router if you have one nearby. Also, when the batteries die, they'll do so abruptly without warning, and will emit a loud noise at the same time.

I like mine, they work great 80% of the time, the other 20% it get annoying pops and clicks in the audio which is almost certainly interference from my wireless.

JustAnotherOtaku said:
United Publications

They're probably a little more expensive than directly importing from the US yourself, but I generally always use them for US anime releases as there's no danger of customs charges and they're fast at shipping (I ordered late on Tuesday night, shipped on Wednesday morning, arrived today)

It's now showing as in stock in 7-10 days though. I must have ordered their last one :/

Thanks man. No worries about stock, I'll put in an order and let it come when it comes.

DeadRockstar said:
Thanks man. No worries about stock, I'll put in an order and let it come when it comes.

No probs. FWIW, last time I placed an order and it was showing 7-10 days, I got it delivered before the 10 days had passed so hopefully it won't take too long.

Top Bottom