• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Mulberry

Cdammen said:
snake.jpg

Yeah! Finally got a SCN release for cheap!

Wow, that logo text is making me dizzy.
Is this game any good or special? I don't remember it being all that good, but it's one of the only NES games left in my collection.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
kikori said:
D6bBR.jpg

Time to say farewell to my trusty Logitech G9. Here's hoping the R.A.T. 7 is as good as all the reviews say.

Oh ho ho, you got a R.A.T. ;)

Let me know what you think. I love hearing feedback!

Now that things have settled down a little bit in my part of Japan, I decided to go rummaging for old games again.

I managed to pick up Layer Section and Vampire Savior for 100 yen each.

I already had the 4MB cart for Vampire Savior, so I didn't mind that it was a loose copy. The original owner cut the keepsake box and slipped it in the case. XD

Layer Section is a pretty cool shooter. I especially dig its soundtrack. Very 90s.

DSCF0002-1-1.jpg

Tenkei

I couldn't stop myself from getting one of these:

zNVtB.jpg

The lens was used to take this photo. Hiding that tangle of cables in the background with the glamour of photography has never been easier!

M.W.

Sorry for the quality, first ever pick up post.

I was going to pass on a baseball game this year, but the fever is kicking in:

theshowh.jpg

So good...

Upsidedown Fuji said:
Now that things have settled down a little bit in my part of Japan, I decided to go rummaging for old games again.

I managed to pick up Layer Section and Vampire Savior for 100 yen each.

I already had the 4MB cart for Vampire Savior, so I didn't mind that it was a loose copy. The original owner cut the keepsake box and slipped it in the case. XD

Layer Section is a pretty cool shooter. I especially dig its soundtrack. Very 90s.

DSCF0002-1-1.jpg
Great games. Vampire Savior is still one of my favorite fighters and I enjoy Layer Section much more that its sequels.

BY2K

Membero Americo
kikori said:
D6bBR.jpg

Time to say farewell to my trusty Logitech G9. Here's hoping the R.A.T. 7 is as good as all the reviews say.

Very, very nice choice of mouse. I too have a R.A.T. 7 and I do not regret my decision.

sikkinixx

kikori said:
D6bBR.jpg

Got my RAT 7 last summer. Love it so much. Kinda wish I had held out for the 9 though, wireless is nice.

kikori

Neo Member
MarkMan said:
Oh ho ho, you got a R.A.T. ;)

Let me know what you think. I love hearing feedback!
Well, my initial impressions after only a day of non-gaming use are a little mixed, but I know I've got to give myself some time to adjust. It's really well-built, and I love how heavy it feels with all the weights loaded. I am missing the G9's frictionless scrolling a bit, though. I wish the software was just a little more flexible on the programming end of things; automatic profile switching and being able to program all of the buttons would be great, but those aren't deal-breakers. I've only just started using it though, so we'll see how I feel after playing some games and a couple weeks of normal use.

nilbog21 said:
is topspin 4 any good? i'd love to play a good tennis game ;[
I'm enjoying it, but it's the first tennis game I've played so I really have nothing to compare it to. It makes for some fun co-op against the GF and that's mostly what I've played so far. There's a demo out on Xbox Live you should check out (probably PSN too, and I think the PS3 version has optional Move support).

Weenerz

Banned
I picked up the R.A.T 7 a few months back and I love it. Once you set it up to match your hand, it just feels so comfortable. Very worth the money imo.

BrettWeir

I must have terrible luck with the RAT7. I have gone through 3 of them now since December. All 3 have had the exact same tracking issues. I've tried them on my desk (cherry wood tone), a black laser mousepad, and a white laser mousepad.

highrider

Banned
AbsoluteZero said:
Y'know, I just bought a Final Fantasy XIII bundle back in like September, so the thing is only a little over 6 months old. But I was in K-Mart today, I saw this guy in the case, and my self-control just snapped, mostly because I didn't know when I'd ever see one in a store again.

KvqOl.jpg

Ironically I just bought the stand-alone Reach controller like last Friday.

i picked this up at release. imo, the coolest custom console out there this gen. i baby it because i want it to last.

reektann

Few items arrived today.

Samsung P2450 24" Monitor
Troy and Abed mug from Community.
Creative Labs T20 Speakers.
Crysis 2 via Steam.

pickupscgq7.jpg

-PXG-

Jroderton said:
Sharing some greasy Highlander pizza with fellow gaffer, SquirrelNuckle

330e41v.jpg

Now, I like greasy disgusting shit as much as the next guy, but that looks nasty. Surely there are better pizza joints where you live.

bPod

Attended Comic Con Toronto last weekend and ran into a Street Fighter artist

img0670v.jpg

img0671yp.jpg

Got Alvin Lee to sign his artwork

I got two more posters that needs to be framed - non street fighter

isny

napkin dispenser
No idea if I'm going to keep SSFIV as the demo didn't really do much to impress me when I played it at the store today. It's a fun game, but it was a fun game on the PC and 360...I may just wait for MVC3 for the DS and forget about the launch games =/

Also cheap ($5.00) PSP Go Component Cables! =D

5y563o.jpg

Manus

-PXG- said:
Now, I like greasy disgusting shit as much as the next guy, but that looks nasty. Surely there are better pizza joints where you live.

Actually we don't and it was the only place open at 2 in the morning for us, but it was still good!

-PXG-

bPod said:
Attended Comic Con Toronto last weekend and ran into a Street Fighter artist

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/2907/img0670v.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/3912/img0671yp.jpg[IMG]

Got Alvin Lee to sign his artwork

I got two more posters that needs to be framed - non street fighter[/QUOTE]

Wow. Love it.

More art from Alvin Lee and Fabian Schlaga (aka Monk) here:

[url]http://www.alvinleeart.com/[/url]

[url]http://www.monk-art.com/[/url]

[QUOTE=SquirrelNuckle]Actually we don't and it was the only place open at 2 in the morning for us, but it was still good![/QUOTE]

Here in Jersey, we got diners and pizza parlors out the ass.

Kuran

Banned
vladimir rus said:
I too have bought yesterday

1039fdba2e315e1a60a2b30e9cac958a.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

After seeing them here, decided to buy these KOSS headphones on a whim. Like the retro design, and Amazon has them for $28! They seem to get a ton of favorable reviews, so I'm sure these will be perfect for PSP/3DS gaming.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
The pick-ups for this month~!

Steins;Gate Limited Edition and Kotobukiya Kurisu figure!
d2rjbl.jpg

Here is all the contents of the LE Package:
oTlHll.jpg

Steins;Gate PC content DLC
7kfEol.jpg

Grabbed Hard Corps: Uprising on PSN!
mZpWcl.jpg

Close up of the Kotobukiya Kurisu figurine:
iVURBl.jpg

A 1.5 TB WD External Drive
V5kbMl.jpg

Uro-tan's Milkie Strike and NiseMIDIdoronkai's YUMMY!!!
wBFVYl.jpg

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
reektann said:
Troy and Abed mug from Community.
Count me in the ranks that need that mug.

EDIT: $12 + $7 shipping? I guess I don't need it.

EDIT the sequel: Though they should have a shop in Burbank. Maybe I'll see if I can buy it there.

TxdoHawk

Finishing out the month strong!

Macbook Pro (15", mid-2010, Core i5)
IMG_0931.jpg

Hooked it to my LCD monitor, added a mouse/KB, instant desktop! Wish there was a dock I could get that would let me slip it in and leave all the external devices plugged into said dock, though. Oh well.
monshot.jpg

Clear iSpot
ispot.jpg

Spoiled the wife and kids this weekend so they don't complain about my 3 game purchase next month with Portal 2, MK, and Socom 4 :D

Atrix for me. Inspire for the wife and 3gs for my daughter
2011-03-12_14-23-51_207.jpg

adidas and chucks for my son, cutsey cotoures for my daugter and mossimos for the wife
(yes ladies I picked out my wife's shoes)
2011-03-20_14-09-02_855.jpg

Made some nice cocktails. I cooked also (smothered chicken and loaded mashed potatoes) but no pics. However the consensus is that the food was delicious!
2011-03-20_15-06-22_460.jpg

Lego Stars War III tops off this great Saturday for the family.
2011-03-26_11-17-08_538.jpg

I apologize for the quality of the picture it was taken with my EVO terrible camera.

I just got my astro a40s yesterday. They are amazing but more importantly wow they are comfortable.

Had them on for 5 hours yesterday, ears did not sweat, and no headaches.

2zthtax.jpg

1pb7mo.jpg

Top Bottom