• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Show us your gaming goods!

elektrixx

Banned
may2010pickup4.jpg

may2010pickup5.jpg

may2010pickup6.jpg

may2010pickup7.jpg

may2010pickupdlc5.png

may2010pickupdlc6.png

may2010pickupdlc7.png

may2010pickupdlc8.png

may2010pickupdlc9.png

may2010pickupdlc10.png

may2010pickupdlc11.png

may2010pickupdlc12.png

may2010pickupdlc13.png

may2010pickupdlc14.png

may2010pickupdlc15.png

may2010pickupdlc16.png

Forsete

AC unit for the warmest room in the house. As the sun sets the room gets really really hot. Lets hope this issue is now solved. :D Hope you like the curtains. ;)

4650060606_578e547ece_b.jpg

Three modes, cooling, dehumidifier and air cleaning/circulation.
4649442445_a1e7bb1497_b.jpg

And because I like old mechanical things. This Royal typewriter from 1936.
4619611454_6b608067a3_b.jpg

Strike

Good haul this month. Plus I ended up saving a good deal amount of money in the process.

Courtesy of ACen
DSCN0486.jpg

Courtesy of Amazon
DSCN0487.jpg

Courtesy of Kinokuniya
DSCN0489.jpg

Don't usually get art books, but I had to make an exception for this.

brentech

Had bought my original 720p 42" LG back in 2007 at Circuit City. Just a little before it was known they were going to start closing stores.

Actually purchased the 'advantage plan' for it for an extra $200, something I normally never do. The TV had always kinda made a humming noise when the image on the screen was mostly dark -- and I just kind of dealt with it. While watching "The Pacific" the last 2 months it really stood out and just drove me up a wall. So, I finally decided to actually use the plan and see what they could do.

They had repair come out a few times, replaced some boards on the inside, but it made it worse as it added a high-pitch squeal to bright images. Not to mention the capacitors on the old board were slightly blown out as the tech showed me. In the end, they okayed a replacement and to my surprise I actually got a new model manufactured last month (was really concerned I was going to get a refurb).

tv_replaced.jpg

So far I'm really liking it. Upgrade to 1080p and 4 HDMI's over 2 (a lot less cables now that my cable box isn't hooked by component). Did turn 'trumotion" off though, as oddly enough, it actually caused image artifacts on quick pans during normal tv viewing.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Got this guy from the SPCA last week. They know he's part basset. I think the other half is part border collie. I don't think I'm going to be allowed to sleep past 6am ever again :lol

2hf0vmu.jpg

15mmsfq.jpg

(Re)Picked up the Phoenix Wright games. Amazing games.

Phoenix Wright - $12
Justice for All - $8
Trials and Tribulations - $12
Apollo Justice - $20
Edgeworth - $22

2ec1bix.jpg

Picked up some GB stuff. Really happy to find Medabots Gold for so cheap. Everything (aside from the two Pokemon which were priced as marked) was $2.99.

29mqb8n.jpg

Decided to buy a GameCube (especially for the GB Player) and received a little CRT set for the bedroom to enjoy the older stuff.

Gamecube - $22
GB Player - $8
Wavebirds - $14 each
Skies of Arcadia Legends - $14
Tales of Symphonia - $15
Resident Evil and RE0 - $7 total
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle - $6

345ybk9.jpg

Got some SNES classics for $4.99 due to the damaged labels. Didn't have FFII or FFIII yet, so it was pretty nice.

2ihv1b5.jpg

Finished off my Suikoden collection by getting the PS2 games, along with Rez. :)

Suikoden III - $11 from an awesome GAFfer
Suikoden IV - from Goozex
Suikoden V - $16
Suikoden Tactics - $8
Rez - $18 from another GAFfer

avl88w.jpg

Some new, some old. Picked up my GOTY...hell, Game of the Generation (Nier) this month.

3D Dot Game Heroes - $40
Nier - $45
Resonance of Fate - $35
GOW Collection - $15 from an awesome GAFfer
Record of Lodoss War - $15 from another awesome GAFfer
Oddworld - $5

2l8djma.jpg

And finally, my best pickup of the month, a signed copy of fun.'s Aim and Ignite LE vinyl. Picked it up after the Paramore/Relient K/fun. show in Knoxville.

Got tickets for Paramore's Honda Civic Tour, Something Corporate's August Reunion Tour, Eisley's summer tour, and a few more shows, but those haven't popped up in the mail yet. :(

Gameboy415

baka kitsune said:
I've just been working on my growing collection of Klonoa stuff this month:

Nice!

You should track down the Klonoa manga too.
There are only 2 volumes and they're pretty hilarious!

kylej

Banned
Red Dead
IMG_0129.JPG

better frame sliders for el motorcycle
IMG_0130.JPG

and my favorite pickup - tickets for two to see last nights Celts/Magic game.
IMG_0127.JPG

the 5
IMG_0115.JPG

crowd
10s.jpg

view from my seats
16s.jpg

I am so glad I live here. Love my teams, the crowd and the city.

Finally found a new pair of the original J1 Alphas in my size for a decent price! I don't liek the suede on them though, it stains waaaaay too easily. Also got a great deal on the Dunk SBs I had wanted for a while at the Nike store in Tuscola, so glad I didn't buy them online for a change!

1zxljx4.jpg

also picked up a few shirts so I could use this coupon with the shoes.

v3iqgw.jpg

Drame

24mi041.jpg

Lexar's 16GB Memory Stick for the PSP.

2rw6n7p.jpg

Half-Minute Hero.

5vx1fp.jpg

Red Dead Redemption.

6ypil1.jpg

DJ Max Fever, Rathalos armor for LP2 and Final Fantasy IX off PSN.

pickup201005a.jpg

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey

pickup201005b.jpg

Issue 50 of Level

pickup201005c.jpg

Was down in the garbage room when I saw that someone had thrown a PS2 and a Gamecube in the electronic bin. Both consols had a game in them and the GC had two memory cards as well. There was no chords so I haven't been able to test the gamecube yet but the PS2 works just fine.

I always forget to post stuff in here. Anyway, I actually grabbed this about a week ago and just now remembered to take a picture of it.

4650948386_c4a8e4dc59_b.jpg

Obviously the card is not in there since it's already in the case.
Also, obligatory dog in photo.

Pein

Banned
Strike said:
Good haul this month. Plus I ended up saving a good deal amount of money in the process.

Courtesy of ACen
DSCN0486.jpg

Courtesy of Amazon
DSCN0487.jpg

Courtesy of Kinokuniya
DSCN0489.jpg

Don't usually get art books, but I had to make an exception for this.
great taste

SlaughterX said:
Finally found a new pair of the original J1 Alphas in my size for a decent price! I don't liek the suede on them though, it stains waaaaay too easily. Also got a great deal on the Dunk SBs I had wanted for a while at the Nike store in Tuscola, so glad I didn't buy them online for a change!

http://i47.tinypic.com/1zxljx4.jpg[IMG]

also picked up a few shirts so I could use this coupon with the shoes.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/v3iqgw.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Niiiiice, I love the Skate Mental collabo. I've been meaning to pick up a pair, too. D:

Darkness said:
Got this guy from the SPCA last week. They know he's part basset. I think the other half is part border collie. I don't think I'm going to be allowed to sleep past 6am ever again :lol

2hf0vmu.jpg

Definetly looks like he has some Border Collie in him, looks like my dog (a collie) but smaller and with floppy ears.

Lovely looking dog and yeah if he's anything like mine you'll be getting jumped on and headbutted every morning! :lol

Baconbitz said:
Does that work better the model # 1 of the nes? Also, is thatodel hard to find?
I still had to blow on the damn cartridge to get it to work, but I think that was more because the thing had never been cleaned. I need to find a cleaning kit for the system because there are some graphical glitches every once and a while. Other than that, being able to just pop the game instead of messing with the damn spring-loaded mechanism is great.

I think they are still hard to find. This is the 2nd one I have seen probably 3-4 years locally. The price has went down quite a bit from a few years ago, when the local game store
was selling them for $85.

kylej said:
the 5
IMG_0115.JPG

crowd
10s.jpg

view from my seats
16s.jpg

I am so glad I live here. Love my teams, the crowd and the city.

I was there too!!! :D Looks like you had better seats, my gf and I took whatever we could get a couple hours before tip off. I'm already rocking a "beat LA" shirt that they handed out 2 years ago in the finals, go Celts!!

IMG_3859.jpg

All current generation from Amazon except FF13 - Got that from the 50% off K-Mart sale.

IMG_3860.jpg

Picked up SMG2 from Amazon with the $20 credit. Then a CAG helped me out with a $10 copy of Muramasa from Sears clearance. Got Dragon Force off Amazon Marketplace in super minty condition, after I eBayed my disc only copy. Picked up Picross 3D from Best Buy for $10 and Heracles and LOZ - Spirit Tracks cheap from Amazon.

IMG_3862.jpg

Trying to complete my PS2 collection before prices get insane (they are really starting to creep up). Picked up Taito Legends 2 from Amazon, and the rest from eBay. I am really shocked to see some of the prices on some very marginal titles.

IMG_3864.jpg

A fellow Gafer (RoboGeorgeForeman) had Thunderforce 2 & 3 complete in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread, and I picked up a Super CD Card for cheap on eBay. Now all I need is a CD System to go with my PC Engine.

IMG_3865.jpg

Finally my wife picked up these PS1 games all complete and mint, so mint I would have thought they were mine to begin with, for a mere $6 total at a neighborhood yard sale.

Baconbitz

Banned
_dementia said:
love this game

I actually played the GBA port before the DC original. Good stuff, totally addictive.
I saw this game on the gameboy micro list and had heard of it before then but, had never tried it out. Saw some YouTube videos and knew I had to get it at some point. Yeah, it's addictave.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
2nkhyls.jpg

At last, the t-shirt arrived from HK. I love the design and I'm a sucker for navy blue shirts...

Also got TDK's OST for cheap in good condition last friday.

MiniBossman said:
Finally my wife picked up these PS1 games all complete and mint, so mint I would have thought they were mine to begin with, for a mere $6 total at a neighborhood yard sale.

Impressive haul. : ) Gotta give major kudos to your wife, though.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
14n1qph.jpg

sugk.jpg

Arcade parts - dropped the Seimitsus into one of my TEs.

And a couple of random pickups over the long weekend...

51rk82.jpg

2k0xuu.jpg

Wireless sensor bar to play Trauma Team/SMG2 that I posted earlier... on the projector. :D

i6ze4z.jpg

Daisuke and Lupin chillin' on the counter top.

102_0706.jpg

Games for the month: PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe, Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth, and The Game of the Forever

102_0705.jpg

The West Wing Seasons 5-7, The Shield Seasons 1-2, The Road, (500) Days of Summer, The Aviator, and Traffic on Blu-ray. Everything except The Road was on sale.

Gouken

Banned
Monster Hunter Tri, Rihanna's Album and a 24 16:9 1920x1080 monitor, 70,000 contrast ratio, 2ms response, HDMi, DVI, VGA...

may.jpg

the monitor is awesome, but I miss my 16:10 foe the fact that it had a built in memory card reader, 2 USB ports, component and composite(which I never used anyways) besides the USB ports.

Linkhero1

lordoftherink said:
102_0705.jpg

The West Wing Seasons 5-7, The Shield Seasons 1-2, The Road, (500) Days of Summer, The Aviator, and Traffic on Blu-ray. Everything except The Road was on sale.
The Shield is awesome. Enjoy it. :D

Linkhero1 said:
The Shield is awesome. Enjoy it. :D
Yeah, I've been planning on getting it for a while, I just don't know when I'll be able to watch it. I'm currently watching The West Wing, and have Seasons 1-5 of Lost from when they were on sale, plus all the shows that are still currently running. It'll probably take me a year or so to get through it all, but I'm definitely looking forward to watching The Shield after hearing so many good things about it.

Integra

Neo Member
Fantasy Final said:
I'm starting to do a Final Fantasy collection. I always wanted to but never found a good seller with decent price and quality. Now that I found one, I bought those (minus FFIV on GBA cause I had it already). And I just bought all the NES Japanese Final Fantasy games from the same seller. Can't wait.
GAFMay1Update2.jpg
GAFMay1Update3.jpg

I also modded my American SNES to play the Super Famicom games.
GAFMay1Update4.jpg

O.O >.> <.< oh my freaking god! I think I just got excited at looking at the Final Fantasy items you got there. >.>

T1tan

Neo Member
Gouken said:
Monster Hunter Tri, Rihanna's Album and a 24 16:9 1920x1080 monitor, 70,000 contrast ratio, 2ms response, HDMi, DVI, VGA...

may.jpg

the monitor is awesome, but I miss my 16:10 foe the fact that it had a built in memory card reader, 2 USB ports, component and composite(which I never used anyways) besides the USB ports.

Gouken, are you using the monitor for your PC or console? I'm assuming it could be used for either?

Top Bottom