• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Show us your gaming goods!

The last few pickups I got for the month.

I already posted my purchase of Mega Man 2, but these other two showed up so I figured I would show them together. I just need 1 and 5 now to complete my NES set.

For some reason I got in the mood to rebuild my Zelda collection this month as well. I already owned all of these at one time except for Majora's Mask and Phantom Hourglass.

This shirt just looked so good with everyone else buying it. :D

While this is not normal in these threads, I did get this fun toy for installing new wood floors in my house I am currently renovating.

Finally the stragglers that I just got today.

Sagitario

TSAGoodness said:
MayGames.jpg

Had a really sizable (and quality) haul this month, very happy :D

Also reached Platinum status for club nintendo once again!

What game is that in the top right?

And nice pick-ups!

ViolentP said:
Suikoden Tactics.

Thanks!

Evil Benius said:
While this is not normal in these threads, I did get this fun toy for installing new wood floors in my house I am currently renovating.

Nice! I need one of those. I can't tell from the picture-is it a chop or compound? Is it single/dual/not beveled?

PalaceBrother said:
Nice! I need one of those. I can't tell from the picture-is it a chop or compound? Is it single/dual/not beveled?

It is a compound, single bevel. I am looking forward to getting a chance to start using it this weekend and with two stories worth of flooring to install I am sure it will more than pay for itself.

AnkitT

ChryZ said:
I had that malt a few times in my hand at the local whisky store. Please bump the single malt thread with impressions, cheers.
Sure, after i'm really acquainted with it though, right now i'm drunk off the wines lol. :D

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I have bought way too many games this month. Here's the last two weeks' worth. I also got Portal for free and Torchlight for $10 off Steam.

4639756097_35220a9c3c_o.jpg

Apart from Lost Planet 2, I haven't played any of them yet. All my time is still going into SSF4...

andyb0y

Neo Member
My boss has no idea where he got the shirts from since his ex partner/ex co-owner of the store ordered them a long time ago.

I do have some goodies I picked up today while waiting for Red Dead Redemption and Alan Wake still.

May_25th_Pickup.JPG

Sagitario said:
What game is that in the top right?

And nice pick-ups!

Thanks!

Looks like you got answer, but yeah I haven't tried it yet, I'm a sucker for strategy RPGs and have never even played a Suikoden game before, it looked pretty good though.

Timan

Developer
Not really gaming, but now I have something to take pics of my pickups :p

img_0003c1f26.jpg

Damn camera is sold out everywhere. Def need another lens though.

Timan said:

img_0003c1f26.jpg

I've been looking forward to picking one of these up myself. Hope you enjoy it.

isny

napkin dispenser
Lots of small purchases this month =D

Went to the Harry Potter Exhibition and Conan show in Toronto. Got to high five Conan! Fun times =D

From left to right: Coco Mug, Harry Potter Exhibition Mug, I'm with Coco band, Serenity Pewter Quantum Mechanix Keychain(finally!), Coco Keychain, Harry Potter Exhibit metal magnet, Harry Potter Exhibition bag, DragonBall Season 4!,

Also, picked up one of the 2010 Megazords. No one in Canada sells them other than the Disney store, and since Disney sold PR recently, they're clearing out all of their PR stock at 50% off...plus got another 25% off due to a long weekend sale. Paid about $15ish total! =D

The last pictures are a closeup of the keychain for all of you Firefly fans, and some balloons they had at the Mario Galaxy launch event in Toronto. (I got one of the Yoshi ones, but didn't bother with a Mario or Luigi)

IMG_0574.jpg
IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg
IMG_0553.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Got this in the mail from BROKEN TIER !

Awesome black/gold foil, limited edition TIGER shirt!

28219_395190903882_507353882_4221796_7319385_n.jpg

It looks like this one below, but in black with gold foil...
TIGER-SILVER1.jpg

stonedwal

Was doing well with a nice zero balance on my credit card when the Videogamesplus sale hit. Oh well, it's nice to have fun spending when we can.

First up: new 360 games. Had Alan Wake on order for ages, was really looking forward to it. It's not really what I expected - not a bad game by any means, but very action heavy. I was going to hold off on Red Dead Redemption for a few months, but the buzz got to me. I am not sure what's going on with the alternate cover art, I think it was some preorder thing down here.

new360.jpg

My fiancee has been a bit naughty and given me some more anniversary presents early - the problem is that she goes and buys more surprise gifts to replace them. I don't have a problem with receiving gifts and I love having a generous partner, but I think I might have to put my foot down and enforce some fiscal responsibility soon. I gave her a surprise gift (Ar Tonelico) early to compensate. I always wanted a steelbook version of Dead Rising (my main copy of the game is a promo copy I used for a review when it first came out), and she finally found one after two years of looking. It took her so long since most of the ones listed on eBay are in rubbish condition due to the fact that hardly anyone takes care of their damn games. The two Sonics are variants for my growing Sonic collection - I was so stoked when she gave me the JP version of Sonic & Knuckles as I didn't think I'd get one in such good condition. I'd love to find a PAL and US one in that shape, but I'll have to pay through the nose for them.

presents.jpg

We added a few more games to our N64 collection too. These were all quite cheap - the seller we bought them from had a heap of games listed, and many of them ended up going for ridiculously high prices - we're talking double or even triple market value; Conker's Bad Fur Day usually goes off for $AU80-100 fairly consistently, but this one went for $AU230 - makes my PAL StarCraft 64 seem cheap! Sure, it was in great shape, but I got one in comparable condition last year for $AU70.

n64games.jpg

I like to grab hardcover versions of strategy guides when I can since they usually are very high quality and have a bunch of behind the scenes info not in the regular books. The MadWorld and Killzone 2 ones were UK exclusives, pushed out by Future last year. I also have the Bayonetta one due in the mail tomorrow, and Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Alan Wake ones shipping out this week.

hcguides.jpg

Now we're into the VG+ sale stuff. First up - Halo Wars Limited Edition. I do believe this is the last Halo limited edition I need. I believe I just need a Halo 1 GOTY, Halo 1 JP version and Halo 2 Multiplayer Map pack to complete the set. I am in debate about whether the Halo 3 ODST controller bundle counts, and am unsure as to whether there was a big box PC release for the first game. VG+ threw in a Halo 2 soundtrack, which was lovely of them.

halowars.jpg

Next is Battle Stadium D.O.N., which is essentially a dream come true for a shounen anime loving manchild like myself. I don't recall hearing much about this when it came out. I love the Japanese GameCube cases.

don.jpg

I'd only intended to get the Halo Wars LE from this sale and be well behaved. That didn't happen. Ended up going nuts and grabbing a bunch of other cheap games. Unfortunately, they're not all that cheap when you factor in the $CAD7.50 per game shipping. Grabbed these two PSP cheapies for $10 each.

pspgames.jpg

These DS games are all ones we'd been waiting to spring on for the right price. I'll have to get a new case for the Exit DS since the publisher crammed the French manual inside the case, which has caused some warping. Really hoping that Bleach: Dark Souls is up to the standard of Blade of Fate.

dsgames.jpg

We bought a US PS2 late last year so I couldn't resist a few bargains there. DQ8 is my fiancee's favourite PS2 game, and she wanted the US version since it has a pretty outer box. Rule of Rose and Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World both had terrible PAL distribution, so it was just easier/quicker/cheaper to get the US versions.

ps2games.jpg

Unfortunately, I was unable to stop at just VG+'s sale section, I had to go around the rest of the site looking for more things we'd wanted. I've heard Mega Man Battle Network 4 is the worst of the series, but for $10, I don't really care. Still need the first three, though. Classic NES Metroid is another notch in the belt for my Metroid collection - still need complete copies of Metroid for NES and Metroid 2 for GB (and a whole bunch of variants). My fiancee wanted the Summon Night games, so I added them as a surprise.

gbagames.jpg

My copy of Super Mario Galaxy 2 will be here either late this week or early next week, but I think I'll have to keep a lid on things for a while after that.

andyb0y said:
My boss has no idea where he got the shirts from since his ex partner/ex co-owner of the store ordered them a long time ago.

You can get a yellow version of the Mario shirt at Walmart for $5.

No idea on the Zelda one though.

Leonsito

Today's my b-day !! My gf bought me this:

A brand new Game Boy Color (it's green, camera flash fucked the colors)
IMG_0216.jpg

The screen is in perfect condition (Is not Zelda DX :( )
IMG_0235.jpg

A Nico Rosberg official shirt:
IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

A Nespresso:
IMG_0202.jpg

Timan said:

img_0003c1f26.jpg

sold out in everywhere :( how did you get that ? waiting for buy to this more than a month

Top Bottom