• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

MedIC86 said:
Dont have the pics up yet but....i just got back from a week in Tokyo, and it was AMAZING! but it was soo busy (golden week and all) but still had a very good time, bought some nice plushies and gundam toys. Also i found it very strange to see that it just looked like the disaster never took place, i mean everything was looking so normal etc. Anyway some hardcore card shit going on in the arcades now, some square-enix game, forgot the name. looked mighty fun anyway. Ill post some pics later

Awesome; Glad you had a good time! Are you going to upload pictures of the Tokyo area as well as your pick ups?

Picked up these gems last week on eBay!
p1010004lmy8.png

My new Router! ~$150 USD
p1010007582f.png

quite possibly the best WIFI and LAN throughput I've seen of any router yet. I can always count on ASUS no matter what!
p1010006zmst.png

and it looks great sitting next to my new Motorola SB6120 SURFboard eXtreme Cable Modem
p101000598jo.png

Quake1028

ErnieMcCracken said:
The most expensive beer I'll ever buy - Samuel Adams Utopias
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_aG87PdbMbd0/TcXqAr5K7FI/AAAAAAAAIO0/7u7C3Qv_fy8/s512/DSC_4190.JPG[/IMG
[SPOILER]$170[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

It's an amazing, amazing beer. It will last you a LONG time.

autobzooty said:
It's funny because I actually ordered a Ness figurine off eBay, but the seller sent me Ninten and Jeff instead. I'd be more upset if I wasn't getting a sweet two-for-one deal. Just a shame that the Jeff figurine is one of the smaller kind, cos he won't fit in with Ninten and Ness (whenever I reorder him).
That is actually the taller Jeff. The mother 1 Large figures are taller than the Mother 2 Large figures. The Small figures would be up to Jeff's neckline.

Here's a comparison:
P5070426-1.jpg

These just came in last week
mother2figs.jpg

P5070425.jpg

Japanese Candy. The corn flavored crackers are amazing.

P5070430.jpg

Osu 2 and Petit Evangelion.

dsgames2.jpg

Love clearance and Amazon sales.

P5070429.jpg

Most of April and May.

blizzardjesus said:
That is actually the taller Jeff. The mother 1 Large figures are taller than the Mother 2 Large figures. The Small figures would be up to Jeff's neckline.

Here's a comparison:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/Blizzardjesus/games/P5070426-1.jpg[IMG]

These just came in last week
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/Blizzardjesus/games/mother2figs.jpg/IMG][/QUOTE]

oh that's good to hear then! can't wait to get my ness!

Hello my new friends. It was a good month for me.
7vFckl.jpg

The recent price of the PSP and the ever growing catalog of awesome games and quirky Japanese games made it hard for me to not pick one up. I have to say I wish I did it sooner it's a great piece of hardware I enjoy it far more than my PS3. I really recommend that if you have been on the fence on picking up a PSP do so.
uMU1T.jpg

Greatest Gamespite thus far. Portal 2 is the greatest gaming experience thus far period.
ZvFlO.jpg

Stubo

Cuban Legend said:
Motorola SB6120 SURFboard eXtreme Cable Modem
What an excellent name! :lol

That router looks awesome, really puts my boring (but functional) D-Link to shame.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Hey everyone! Finally got my account authenticated! This has always been one of my favorite threads on NeoGaf, and so it's only natural I make my first post here :)

I'm gonna cheat a little, and start with a purchase from a bit earlier:

5698845866_f68bf47814_z.jpg

5698847528_7d3e23e5fd_z.jpg

Used a Power Up Rewards coupon on both, so after 10% discount, spent about ~$14 total:

5698275853_4bd72829c2_z.jpg

Really took advantage of the Gamestop sale, along with some Best Buy deals. Enslaved $12, Sly $20, Blazblue $13, Yakuza $17, NFS Shift 2 $18, Portal 2 $35 w/ $20GC, Guitar Hero $3, case full price for $15:

5698848878_4cc1d9ed20_z.jpg

NFS Undercover was only $2.50 on Steam this week:

5698850952_c29b85c094_z.jpg

Wanted this for a while, and had a gift card about to expire:

5698274663_cef10e6f35_z.jpg

And finally:

5698851926_fe2c70accc_z.jpg

... Anyhoo, glad to be here! Let me know if I did anything wrong. And I look forward to being a part of the community for a long time.

naoki5001

Scott Pilgrim 3 (volumes 5&6) finally came out in Japan last week. Kept going around the local bookstores here but no place had it. Finally went and bought it on Amazon.co.jp

Cover inspired by one of my favorite games!

DSC02342-1.jpg

Auron_Kale said:
Some new goods:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x129/jmalcala/P1010092.jpg[IMG]

[B]Wallet (Coach Slim Card Case):[/B]
[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x129/jmalcala/P1010093.jpg[IMG]

[B]DVDs for review:[/B]
[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x129/jmalcala/P1010095.jpg[IMG]

[B]Shoes:[/B]
[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x129/jmalcala/P1010096.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
mmmm bruins <3

Salsa

Besides other stuff in the last couple of days (NFS Hot Pursuit, Plants vs Zombies GOTY edition, Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition) today i got:

zKrXe.png

edit: that scott pilgrim jap cover is awesome

nny

hipgnosis said:
Been looking for this game for a long time, finally I was able to find it and it's in mint condition.

o9tzI.jpg

One of the best puzzle games ever made!

Excellent pick up! Not an easy game to find D One of my favorite puzzle games ever!

JEKKI said:
awesome! thanks!

I wanna be the Guru Logi Champion!

or the Park Gyuri Champion!

There's a PC demo available; just google it if you want to try it!

shlf.jpg

I finally bought one of these; still studying what to put inside, those are just placeholders P

DSC06363.jpg

To celebrate the death of the Go, I got one! Nice little machine; now I just need PSN to return from the dead (I have 10 free games to download, come on Sony).

gog-20Apr.png
gog-dragonsphere.png

DSC06377.jpg

DSC06378.jpg

DSC06380.jpg

DSC06388.jpg

DSC06386.jpg

Manp

got a new laptop:

miTUr.jpg

- Core i7 2630QM 2,00 GHz
- 4 GB ram DDR3
- 500 GB HDD
- nvidia GT540M with 2GB of dedicated ram
- 15,6" lcd led
- 1 HDMI 1.4 port
- 1 USB3 port

for 644€, not bad i guess?

:)

Spike

hipgnosis said:
Been looking for this game for a long time, finally I was able to find it and it's in mint condition.

o9tzI.jpg

One of the best puzzle games ever made!

What game is this?

Stubo

Manp said:
got a new laptop:

- Core i7 2630QM 2,00 GHz
- 4 GB ram DDR3
- 500 GB HDD
- nvidia GT540M with 2GB of dedicated ram
- 15,6" lcd led
- 1 HDMI 1.4 port
- 1 USB3 port

for 644€, not bad i guess?

:O Jealousy maximum! Where? How? Witchcraft?!

cresto

Madrical said:
Few pickups, some from today, some from last month.

Katatonia - Night Is The New Day Vinyl
IMG_0115.jpg
This is a great fucking album! Who's that in your avatar? Looks like Mikael Åkerfeldt

Manp

Stubo said:
:O Jealousy maximum! Where? How? Witchcraft?!

good deal from a local Electronics chain.

same place where i got the Monster Hunter 3 bundle (with the Wii Classic Controller Pro) for 10€ lol

Stubo

Manp said:
good deal from a local Electronics chain.

same place where i got the Monster Hunter 3 bundle (with the Wii Classic Controller Pro) for 10€ lol

This gives me hope of an affordable upgrade in the next year or so. Will have to keep my eyes open for such madness!

entremet

thetrin said:
My new rig:

Vo8bB.jpg

I want to take pics of it with the side of the case open, but I would have to take it out from behind my desk and do that. It's a shame too, because it looks gorgeous on the inside. Everything is wrapped up so nice and tidy.

• AMD Phenom II X4 3.2ghz
  • 8GB DDR3 RAM
  • ATI Radeon 6950 2GB

Some new PC games:

RGMsu.jpg

Not pictured: a bunch of games I picked up at the end of April that don't count for this thread. Also, a copy of Metro 2033 that is on its way.

My new iPad 2:

iUnbo.jpg

This was a birthday present from my parents (my birthday was on Wednesday). The app in question is Flipboard, an rss reader that formats updates and news like a magazine. Also, I can read plenty of comics.
Where did you get the case?

Cuban Legend said:
new Motorola SB6120 SURFboard eXtreme Cable Modem
p101000598jo.png

Great buy on this. Picked one up early last year, best decision I made in awhile. speed increase is insane especially if you have bonded channels

I stopped into a new Goodwill Electronics store and found the following... I picked up all the import PS1 games they had just because they were imports. At $4 it wasn't bad at all. When I was checking out I saw Nintendo Power #1 on the book racks and grabbed that too. Speaking of the imports, has anyone played the Summer Holiday or Puyo Puyo? I don't believe these were ever localized.
05-2011-5.jpg

Stopped by Toys R Us to look for RB3, but found these. The 30% off clearance games dropped the price a bit.
05-2011-6.jpg

Top Bottom