• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

supermackem said:
OMFG flash back time, i begged like hell for one of those. As a kid of the 90s there was nothing cooler than fucking turtles and skateboards. That christmas was kickass when i got me one of those.

The board is in almost Like New condition. It's missing the plastic back and front pieces but it's so clean.

dentoomw

I got me a Gwendolyn!

IMG_0311-1.jpg
IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg
IMG_0314.jpg

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Finally picked up Evangelion 2.0 Real Action Heroes:

Rei Ayanami & Asuka Langley:

IMG_0880.jpg

Went shopping as well:

Evisu T-shirt and Jacket, and an Evangelion themed Uniqlo T-shirt:

IMG_0882.jpg

WARP10CK

Banned
3chopl0x said:
As above, GOG are basically screwing people who buy elsewhere.

Well a friend of mine got the collectors edition but unfortunately he also got the DRM.
I am happy that I bought in on GOG

MYE

Toxa said:
http://www.zonadvd.com/imagenes/articulos/compa_alienblu/aliens_dvdalta2.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://www.zonadvd.com/imagenes/articulos/compa_alienblu/aliens_blurayalta2.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

I guess thats a yes then

Prologue

Rimshot said:
My friend helped me get some new summer shoes from the states :)

new_shoesromj.jpg

Where did you get the superman pair? Those look pretty sweet. I always wanted converse but they always seem so plain. Those are more ideal for me.

drtomoe123 said:
Finally...

2uhxyj6.jpg
I thought this wasn't coming out til next month. Pics, impressions, I want it all.

I have been trying to get this series completed for years, but many issues have prevented me from doing so. Now only Fushugi Yugi needs a decent re release and I can die happy

Rimshot

Prologue said:
Where did you get the superman pair? Those look pretty sweet. I always wanted converse but they always seem so plain. Those are more ideal for me.

My friend got them for me somewhere in the states :) The Batman pair is even more slick, but it's hard to see the city in black on that picture!

isny

napkin dispenser
Back from a trip to Florida for Star Wars Weekends (and the opening of Star Tours 3D). Lots of pick ups =D

Lots of Japanese snacks!
30df4om.jpg

Sonic 20th Aniv Keychain (With black eyes!)
2ak016o.jpg

Stitch as Ghost Yoda Star Tours Opening Day Figure (Limited and numbered) and Donald in Carbonite Star Wars Weekends Limited Edition Poket Pals (small container for pills, etc.)
28i5nbq.jpg

Limited Lego Lagoon Monster, Anakin Lego Keychain on clearance, WDW Attraction Magnets, and WDW A/B/C/D/E Ticket Magnets
3340pww.jpg

DQ from the recent BB sale
2a9pgrp.jpg

HP Marauders Map Mug
30m61s8.jpg

20hn1b9.jpg

Star Wars Weekends 2011 Magnet and Launch Year Tee
w844kn.jpg

166ceg4.jpg

jgjgif.jpg

OK, I swear this is almost the last of the Dreamcast stuff, just passed 140 retail games. Picked up a second new console, just in case, and the first of two light guns showed up (for the arcade machine).

db0f8319.jpg

alphaNoid

Banned
Toxa said:
[IMGhttp://www.zonadvd.com/imagenes/articulos/compa_alienblu/aliens_dvdalta2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMGhttp://www.zonadvd.com/imagenes/articulos/compa_alienblu/aliens_blurayalta2.jpg[/IMG]
Can you give me some Vasquez shots please? LETS ROCK

supermackem said:
OMFG flash back time, i begged like hell for one of those. As a kid of the 90s there was nothing cooler than fucking turtles and skateboards. That christmas was kickass when i got me one of those.

Sounds like you had an interesting childhood. :)

eXistor

Probably my last bunch of these blasted things. I'm close to having them all now (except for the bigger Mother 2 ones, I have the smaller ones).
2n6wy21.jpg

eXistor

HELLA_MONEYZ said:
I'm pretty jelly of the set up i'm seeing there in the background.
Much more to see than that! I'm gonna be making some new pics of my room soon and I'll be posting those in the Gaming Setup thread if you're interested in that kinda thing.

eXistor said:
Much more to see than that! I'm gonna be making some new pics of my room soon and I'll be posting those in the Gaming Setup thread if you're interested in that kinda thing.
Dude, I would LOVE to see some updated shots!

eXistor said:
pm me the link to that thread please.

Kahoona said:

How do you like those 595s? I have a pair and am pretty underwhelmed. I feel like the right channel is lacking and the sound doesn't have a lot of "oomph". I tried a much less expensive pair of Bose earphones last week and was way more impressed.

WEGGLES

PalaceBrother said:
How do you like those 595s? I have a pair and am pretty underwhelmed. I feel like the right channel is lacking and the sound doesn't have a lot of "oomph". I tried a much less expensive pair of Bose earphones last week and was way more impressed.
Sounds like you have a dud pair then?

Kahoona

PalaceBrother said:
They're fine for me. I upgraded from HD555s to them so I knew what to expect generally. Sennheisers have never given me a problem really.

Str0ngStyle said:
I thought this wasn't coming out til next month. Pics, impressions, I want it all.

I have been trying to get this series completed for years, but many issues have prevented me from doing so. Now only Fushugi Yugi needs a decent re release and I can die happy

I ended up pre-ordering it from Right Stuf the day they started taking them because, like you, I had only managed to grab a few of the DVDs here and there, and the prices/availability kept me from ever getting the whole set. But I was still really surprised when I got the e-mail that it shipped. Definitely not complaining.

The box set itself is nicely done, and the alternate art on each side is great...really stunning red/pinks and blue/purples. They're all in thinpaks, but there's also a little collector's booklet with commentaries from Kunihiko Ikuhara and nifty columns about the manga, the shoujo genre, and remastering. Of course, this is supplemented with some great full-color artwork.

The episodes themselves look noticeably better than on my CPM DVDs, so the image quality is greatly improved, and everything looks nice, even on my HDTV. I watched the dub first, mainly for nostalgia, but unfortunately, the dub is still standard stereo and they didn't re-record anything. So, the dub is still cringe-worthy at the beginning and it's the same as the CPM stuff. The Japanese track, even though I only listened to it for a bit, sounded spectacular, though.

I'm definitely not a fan of anime in general as I was when I was in my teens, but this set is amazing, totally great and it reminds me what was great about the anime I did like. So great to see other Utena fans! :)

Here's a look at the other side + thinpaks + booklet:

mcgrvk.jpg

Top Bottom