• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

I found some good stuff today at the thrift stores. The Gamecube Component cable was .50 cents. Score!
IMG_3216.jpg

A beautiful vintage boxed Famiclone. I was so excited at first that I found a Famicom in the wild but oh well.
IMG_3224-2.jpg

IMG_3225-2.jpg

IMG_3226-2.jpg

IMG_3227-2.jpg

IMG_3228-2.jpg

This cart was inside the box.
IMG_3229-2.jpg

IMG_3230-2.jpg

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Took advantage of the BOGO at Blockbuster. Wish I could have found Resistance 1 & 2, Crackdown, and Alan Wake. But still, I'm pretty happy. Also in the pic is Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days; I found it at Target for ~$13. Got everything in the pick for less than the price of a new console game!

5759348261_08644cb155_b.jpg

Got these for 40% off from GoHastings this past weekend. "Three" games for $22? Yes, please!

5752548106_3d67d8e9cd_b.jpg

... I got this for a "nostalgia night" for me and my buddy. We used to LOVE this game back in the day. But we now quickly realized how terribly unbalanced the multi is, how generic the SP is, and how dated the graphics are. I also bought a used copy of Conflict Desert Storm for GCN, but I don't have a pic, and it sucked. Brought Timesplitters Future Perfect with me, though; and that game is still awesome. Better than a lot of stuff coming out today.

5732287383_f8728bf9cb_b.jpg

I haven't had enough free time to beat it yet (I just started Chapter 2). But this game is quickly jumping it's way up to being one of my favorite titles of ALL TIME.

5731241597_79d1216283_b.jpg

I don't *think* I posted this here, yet. But it's been a couple weeks. I got this when BB was selling it for $9.99. Granted, it's free now. But I'll use my freebies on other titles, anyway.

5710560225_05b7cbc28e_b.jpg

isny

napkin dispenser
zoner said:
Star Tours 3D? How was it? Star Tours (and the Muppets 3d) were always my favorite 'rides' in Disney.

It was great. I don't think 3D works perfectly for me though, so I'm not sure if I enjoyed it as much as I could have. Certain 3D effects work great for me, like the 3DS menu screen, the depth in SFIV 3DS, IMAX 3D, but regular 3D movies, 3D rides, etc. usually don't work well for me. (I can close one eye and still see the image the same as with both eyes open, a clear image, but not very 3D)

Back on topic, more pickups! Can't believe the sale at Loblaws/RCSS here in Canada!

Also, finally got Laputa on Blu Ray, and Turtles Forever in Widescreen and Uncut! Finally!

2cn8in8.jpg
11gk0tk.jpg

Borman

Early birthday gifts from my fiancee!

TARDIS USB hub:
IMG_6466.png

Bookarc stand for my Macbook Air (had the computer already:p)
IMG_6465.png

And tickets for the Colbert Report!

isny

napkin dispenser
JackEtc said:
Oh God I want a Game Boy Color now that I see all these posts. So pawn shops are the place to go then? Tips anyone?

Don't try a Canadian pawn shop, as you can never get a good deal from one =(

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
anybody pick up the gaga album? i might re buy on a cd

PsychoMantis

Neo Member
moop2000 said:
I found some good stuff today at the thrift stores. The Gamecube Component cable was .50 cents. Score!
Wow, that is amazing. I have been looking for one forever and they are incredibly expensive online.

cj_iwakura

C/O Aksys(sort of :p), thanks to the ebay for Japan thing they did.

IMG_6422.jpg

Fumiko Ozette Van Stein from Castle Shikigami(as seen in poster).

i_fumiko.jpg

I'm something of a fan.

E: Forgot her hat. :p

IMG_6425.jpg

Also some games.

IMG_6424.jpg

naoki5001

DSC02394.jpg

DSC02393.jpg

Had to go to 5 different stores to get Akai Katana. They had either sold out or didn't get any copies in. DoDonPachi was hard to find lately, even on my visit to Den Den Town last weekend. Found it in a local used store for 4000 yen.

isny said:
Back from a trip to Florida for Star Wars Weekends (and the opening of Star Tours 3D). Lots of pick ups =D

Stitch as Ghost Yoda Star Tours Opening Day Figure (Limited and numbered) and Donald in Carbonite Star Wars Weekends Limited Edition Poket Pals (small container for pills, etc.)
28i5nbq.jpg

Limited Lego Lagoon Monster, Anakin Lego Keychain on clearance, WDW Attraction Magnets, and WDW A/B/C/D/E Ticket Magnets
3340pww.jpg

DQ from the recent BB sale
2a9pgrp.jpg

HP Marauders Map Mug
30m61s8.jpg

20hn1b9.jpg

Star Wars Weekends 2011 Magnet and Launch Year Tee
w844kn.jpg

166ceg4.jpg

jgjgif.jpg

As an theme park fan that lives in europe im fucking envious. Thank god I go this july to California's Disneyland for my first time, Im really nervous :lol

Do you know if the original Disneyland Star Tours has been also opened from refurbishment, or only the Orlando one?

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
SpacePirate Ridley said:
As an theme park fan that lives in europe im fucking envious. Thank god I go this july to California's Disneyland for my first time, Im really nervous :lol

Do you know if the original Disneyland Star Tours has been also opened from refurbishment, or only the Orlando one?

Yes the Star Tours at Disneyland is getting renovated at the moment.

Came into some money, so I've finally bought a PS3!

ps3.jpg

It's the 160GB version, but I figure that I can upgrade if I have to. I got MK for £20 as part of the deal. Probably should have picked up Portal 2 instead..

I'm stuck in uni so that means I've got my girlfriend's weird LCD to play with (took my lcd home at the easter break). The fucking thing's speakers are gimped on the video setting I've got to put it on (SCART goes black & white, and goes all fuzzy) and it doesn't even have a headphone socket. HD goodness will have to wait until the 3rd when my exam period finishes. Until then I'll take some SD MK..

mk.jpg

It
Only
Does
Blu-ray
Gaming
Revision
Everything

Mike.83

My friend picked up his first ever Xbox this week. We play on playing some co-op stuff:
i7gug.JPG

Only ever played an hour of the first Halo, so looking forward to checking this out.

Dmented

Banned
vitaminwateryum said:
I don't even want to know how many people you had to sacrifice to get that thing.

Nice pickup.

Had a nice email exchange with Josh Weier over an issue I was having with the Portal 2 map tools. Mentioned I wanted to send them something for an autograph if they weren't too busy. He asked for my address instead and there we have it.

Super cool people!

BannedEpisode said:
Do yourself a favor and pick up Uncharted 2 GOTY edition and prep for the 3rd. The original is good too, but unnecessary.
Unnecessary? Aren't
some of the UC1 villains returning in UC3
?

BannedEpisode said:
Do yourself a favor and pick up Uncharted 2 GOTY edition and prep for the 3rd. The original is good too, but unnecessary.

Oh don't worry - I plan on picking up a few games (including those from the Uncharted series) when I go shopping tomorrow.

SpacePirate Ridley said:

It'll be open by early June so you'll be able to ride it.

Whogie

0AkR0l.jpg

This was a birthday gift. Freaking fun -- beat it in under a week. But it's disappointingly short compared to AC2, considering it share a lot of its assets.

mahudt.jpg

I'm loving DoA, Golden Sun is alright though.
vxg7c6.jpg

Gaf sold me on this game after reading the LTTP thread. I was gonna buy it used since most of the new prices were $100+ but then I saw this and ordered it immediately.

Top Bottom