• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Quake1028

n8zgn.jpg

Jomjom

Banned
Fantasy Final said:
Paid 25$ for shipping for this fucker because it's nowhere available in Canada and I had no other choice....but it's so worth it. <3

You gotta go buy the Japanese exclusive figure with Crono and Marle for the complete set. I had to get my friend in Japan to send me over a box to get the whole set.

been so busy...started my dream job last month...starting to spoil myself

MoOFMl.jpg

sleeper jordan release of the year...

rxse0l.jpg

can't ever go wrong with a dirty pair of diesels....

and thanks to my best buddy Alex...
TLfJ7l.jpg

Dwayne

Ruh Roh! Cabs in the kitchen :awe:

They're all doer-uppers, and need a lot of love. These pictures are straight off the truck, so they're a bit wet from the rain, and a bit messy from the previous owner. Weekend project is to clean them up :D

JackEtc

This showed up today, my first time importing something from Japan, and my first time ever buying something from a site that wasn't big and safe like Amazon.

9OhbVl.jpg

Best costumer service I've ever had, didn't have any problems, and still treated me better than Amazon on the few occasions I had to deal with them.

Glad I don't have to carry the stupid-ass Pokemon case full of DS games with me now. The Pokemon Black DSi looks awesome, but the case....not so much. Also interested in the homebrew scene for DS.

isny

napkin dispenser
JackEtc said:
This showed up today, my first time importing something from Japan, and my first time ever buying something from a site that wasn't big and safe like Amazon.

Best costumer service I've ever had, didn't have any problems, and still treated me better than Amazon on the few occasions I had to deal with them.

Glad I don't have to carry the stupid-ass Pokemon case full of DS games with me now. The Pokemon Black DSi looks awesome, but the case....not so much. Also interested in the homebrew scene for DS.

Surprised customs didn't seize this. They've been cracking down lately here in Canada at least. (Over the past few years)

Definitely a good pick up though, as not everyone wants to carry around a micro and 20 GBA games!

JackEtc

isny said:
Surprised customs didn't seize this. They've been cracking down lately here in Canada at least. (Over the past few years)

Definitely a good pick up though, as not everyone wants to carry around a micro and 20 GBA games!
I know, holy crap, I just found out there's working Gameboy Color emulators for DSi's (usually you need a DS Lite)

Playing Spider-Man 2: The Sinister Six, nostalgia-ing so hard right now :,)

2Crisis

This ones for Markman :) my first TE.
Sunshine I've been waiting to get the Bluray for cheap, amazing visuals and audio if you have a good setup. Movie itself is give or take.

2wbt6pg.jpg

20auukn.jpg

Hawthorns

I've been so excited for Soul Eater to come out on bluray, and it did! At a very reasonable price too.

So I ordered it for its delivery to coincide with the end of my exams. I planned to do nothing -absolutely nothing- but watch it the day it came. It came today in the mail :D

IMG_1110.jpg

IMG_1112.jpg

:D :D Looking good right.

IMG_1114.jpg

Nope. Fuck you Funimation.

Yes Boss!

Price finally dropped to $19.99 so time to jump in. Gonna be my game for the long four-day weekend. Hope I bought it on the right platform:

a335e76b.jpg

DXPett1

Hawthorns said:
I've been so excited for Soul Eater to come out on bluray, and it did! At a very reasonable price too.

So I ordered it for its delivery to coincide with the end of my exams. I planned to do nothing -absolutely nothing- but watch it the day it came. It came today in the mail :D

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j342/Hawthorns-/IMG_1110.jpg
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j342/Hawthorns-/IMG_1112.jpg

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j342/Hawthorns-/IMG_1114.jpg

Surely there is a law against blatent false advertising?

Hawthorns

^ I don't know to be honest. I've emailed Funimation to highlight the problem but I don't expect much to be honest. They'll probably just change the covers/disks. Rather that replace the disks of those that have bought it.

HildyB

glaurung said:
Nice pickup man.

But what's the huge STOP sign on the cover good for?

Here is what it says:

STOP! Before installing this product you must obtain a Student and Teacher Edition serial number by following the instructions enclosed.

Has you go to a website where it validates you are a student or teacher. A .edu e-mail and it looked her up to see she was a current student. Took maybe 3min till they e-mailed the key.

Yes Boss! said:
Price finally dropped to $19.99 so time to jump in. Gonna be my game for the long four-day weekend. Hope I bought it on the right platform:

a335e76b.jpg

It's not a prejudice game. It's equally janky and broken across all platforms.

i was playing Mortal Kombat the other day and was really frustrated that i had to keep checking my phone for combos while practising.

So i got an original iPad for 350 euros:
ipad.jpg

(and bought Death Rally, Robot Unicorn Attack HD and Canabalt to keep me busy during meetings)

Hawthorns said:

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j342/Hawthorns-/IMG_1110.jpg
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j342/Hawthorns-/IMG_1112.jpg

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j342/Hawthorns-/IMG_1114.jpg
Incredibly shitty of them. I hope you get refunded.

Okay, so I bought some more PS3 games... Sorry, I didn't get Uncharted :p

haul.jpg

Motorstorm was £7 used. I've always wanted to play the series since the launch, but I've never been able to. It's horrible to play on an SD TV, but it's fun enough.

MGS4 was £15 (again, used), but I had enough points on my reward card to cover for it. Naturally, I wanted to see what all the fuss was about..

Killzone 3? It was on special at £25 for the CE, so I figured what the hell. I can play KZ2 some other time. The store had a triple points bonus so that pays for OOT next month!

MarshMellow96 said:
Okay, so I bought some more PS3 games... Sorry, I didn't get Uncharted :p

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn112/Richm96/haul.jpg

Motorstorm was £7 used. I've always wanted to play the series since the launch, but I've never been able to. It's horrible to play on an SD TV, but it's fun enough.

MGS4 was £15 (again, used), but I had enough points on my reward card to cover for it. Naturally, I wanted to see what all the fuss was about..

Killzone 3? It was on special at £25 for the CE, so I figured what the hell. I can play KZ2 some other time. The store had a triple points bonus so that pays for OOT next month!
I'd advise against it, tbh

Top Bottom