• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

I found this original syle DS outside. Works fine, no scratches even. No games, but the sound switch broke. lol.
Wii Party for 19.99 During Amazon midnight match sale, Pikmin, Mario Sluggers

2011-05-28220946.jpg

My new 46" 120hz Samsung LCD. Best Picture Quality I have ever seen (at a reasonable price)

2011-05-28205234-1.jpg

Waffles. Eggo,
not Blue
2011-05-28220928.jpg

isny

napkin dispenser
FoxMcCloudDS said:
I found this original syle DS outside. Works fine, no scratches even. No games, but the sound switch broke. lol.

You can order a replacement case from Dealextreme or a similar site for a few dollars and have a fully working brand new condition DS =) (Not 100% sure if it includes the needed part though, so someone with more knowledge can probably chime in!)

FoxMcCloudDS said:
Waffles. Eggo,
not Blue

Lucky find. AFAIK this year was supposed to be the year of waffle shortages in the U.S. due to the availability of ingredients needed to make Eggo products. No idea if it ended up being as bad as they thought it would or not =/

njean777

img_02613q3n.png

Salman Rushdie - Midnight's children
Selected excerpts of Kant[/QUOTE]

Im reading "The Satanic Verses" right now, really good book so far. If you have not read it, I suggest it.

These are my pickups

022.jpg

Now on to university!

risk said:
From Fanime con today

fan art
http://i.imgur.com/5gsZ6l.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/TZHd1l.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/t7Aq9l.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7blcul.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7Bxngl.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wVulwl.jpg[/IMG
[/QUOTE]

Really liked her stuff wished I had a little more money but I only got 5, and there was someone selling some large poster sized SOTC prints,
I wanted the large ones but $65 was already way outta my price range, forgot to ask for a card, I'll just get one of my friends to get it.
Anyways now for my Fanime pickups

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/AngelOfVengeance/FanimePickups20111.jpg

ugh I hate when prices are tagged but then they don't tell you the tax isn't included still bargained him down a bit, hmm and now looking at squares site I think I got them for about what it would have cost to order from them
FanimePickups20115.jpg

FanimePickups20112.jpg

buttons because well buttons
FanimePickups20114.jpg

Nifty T-shirt hope it shrinks a bit, seems to be a biiiiig 2xl
FanimePickups20113.jpg

risk

Dragoon_lantz said:
Really liked her stuff wished I had a little more money but I only got 5, and there was someone selling some large poster sized SOTC prints,
I wanted the large ones but $65 was already way outta my price range, forgot to ask for a card, I'll just get one of my friends to get it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/AngelOfVengeance/FanimePickups20111.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Yea, I had a problem with choosing which ones i wanted for only $20. i cant wait to frame them. She told me the medium ones were $10/15 ea. if anything, i posted her etsy.com link on the last page if your friend forgets.

risk said:
Yea, I had a problem with choosing which ones i wanted for only $20. i cant wait to frame them. She told me the medium ones were $10/15 ea. if anything, i posted her etsy.com link on the last page if your friend forgets.

oh no I got her card, I'm talking about the one in the middle of artists alley took up a good 5 or so tables of space with some nice Shadow of the Colossus prints as well as some others

Wormdundee said:
How can they sell fan art of copyrighted characters?

its one thing to be selling something done in your own art style
vs doing a straight up reproduction, kind of a gray area

sca2511

Wormdundee said:
How can they sell fan art of copyrighted characters?
True, i wondered that as well. Didn't keep me from buying stuff though.

Dragoon_lantz said:
oh no I got her card, I'm talking about the one in the middle of artists alley took up a good 5 or so tables of space with some nice Shadow of the Colossus prints as well as some others
Ah yeah, I asked if he sells his art on deviantart and he said that he doesn't. I wanted to buy the larger prints sometime later... If you got his contact info, care to share?

All my items from Fanime Con:

SOTC Fan Art. $15 medium size. The artist's large poster sized pieces were $70 and I didn't have much on me.

Two more Panson One Piece figures

Collection so far

Finally got my California Grown hat from the mushroom festival

I've had a ton of pickups lately.... just too lazy to take pictures.

I did however manage to make myself grab a pic of these two when they came in yesterday.

2011-05-28144228.jpg

Yes Boss!

Black Republican said:
sorry if its a bit off topic, but do all the usa/ca ps2 slims (series 7000 & 9000?) have 100-240v ac adapters?

thinking of getting one to use here in the uk.
I picked up a US PS2 Slim a couple of months ago. It has an integrated adapter (just a power lead) and the bottom sticker says: 120V 60HRz 35W.

Seems like you need a step-down unless it is universal and just not marked as such.

Not sure if that helps.

isny

napkin dispenser
How come we haven't had any cute Puppies or Kittens in awhile. (Or any pet for that matter)

Do people just not get pets in the Spring? Or are they afraid to post them in a gaming pick up thread? lol

bPod

A new lens for my camera
IMG_0771.jpg

My new summer shoes - love the carbon fiber!
IMG_0772.jpg

BR pick ups
IMG_0775.jpg

Been on a MGS high for quite sometime now...it continues
IMG_0776.jpg

More to come...

Decided to pick up Shepard
IMG_0778.jpg

MidnightRider said:
I've had a ton of pickups lately.... just too lazy to take pictures.

I did however manage to make myself grab a pic of these two when they came in yesterday.

2011-05-28144228.jpg

Excellent job by the publisher putting the Martin books in order.

Smokey

k1ut5x.jpg

Built first gaming PC...been out of the game since around the time of Battlefield 1942..Above is what I have picked up this month with the Tom Clancy games being added today as they are 66% off.

Got Conviction, Hawx, and Endwar for $6 a piece. And no...I've never played Orange Box (outside of a bit of HL2) even on consoles.

My mind is blown by how much gaming content I have :eek:

gray_fox224

Smokey said:
k1ut5x.jpg

Built for gaming PC...been out of the game since around the time of Battlefield 1942..Above is what I have picked up this month with the Tom Clancy games being added today as they are 66% off.

Got Conviction, Hawx, and Endwar for $6.

My mind is blown by how much gaming content I have :eek:
THE MOTHERLOAD!

Yes Boss! said:
I picked up a US PS2 Slim a couple of months ago. It has an integrated adapter (just a power lead) and the bottom sticker says: 120V 60HRz 35W.

Seems like you need a step-down unless it is universal and just not marked as such.

Not sure if that helps.

hmm, i wonder if the ps2 slims with the external ac adapters are universal (100v-240)

anyone know?

Got back home from Fanime about an hour ago (it's about a half-hour drive back home from there) and got some things to share.

New figure for my desk at work:
P1010145.jpg

Keitai charms:
P1010151.jpg

Some new viewing materials:
P1010147.jpg

And...some new kicks after wandering around downtown San Jose:
P1010140.jpg

Story behind the charms: My friend Jason first bought a box, and ended up getting Teddy. My other friend Ken and I joked that we'd probably have better luck than Jason so we bought our own box. Ken ended up getting Teddy as well while I got Aigis. The next day, the three of us ended up buying another box for each of us. I actually got Naoto, Ken got the P4 protagonist, and Jason? He got Teddy once more (exact same figure). I ended up trading Ken for his and thus the two charms I have.

Story behind the Nike SBs: Circle A happened to get them on Friday - they're actually for June's lineup - and I ended up buying them on Saturday. Awesome stuff.

Gamble

16GB IPad that I won at work in a sales contest and HTC Inspire for ATT got it for $50
5775953310_d653cc92d2_m.jpg

A Bearded Dragon that I still haven't figured out what to name yet...I've been calling him Eisenhower....
5775955164_b24c94d0af_m.jpg

All of this goodness
5775479981_32fb3d5d65_m.jpg

Missed one
5775429473_f5a812cc2c_m.jpg

The kid I've had for a while but she wouldn't let me leave the mall without buying her that sweater....it was hot that day need I remind you all....
5775964754_861cab185e_m.jpg

Ecto311

photo.JPG

Rockband 3, endless ocean, kriby, and EDF2017 are from the block buster buy 1 get 1 free sale. Those 4 games were around $20. Pokemons are from the toysRus sale buy one get one half off.

Flek

Banned
Wazzim said:
You might want to edit your post for now until you have a real pic. Great pick-up though!

what? real pic is in the post, the first pic is taken by me - the other is just the gif that made this book famous

Wazzim

Banned
Flek said:
what? real pic is in the post, the first pic is taken by me - the other is just the gif that made this book famous
Yeah I see it now, sorry. For some reason it didn't show up the first time.

tsigo

Is there an ongoing TF2 beta or something? You're the second person in this thread I've noticed that still has that in their Steam account. Clean house!

Gameboy415

Landed a great new job at the start of May and as a result I was able to pick up some great stuff! :)

First, a necessity for summer:
1105Lawnmower.jpg

Craftsman Lawn Mower - I actually intended to buy a lesser model (~$380 on sale) but because they couldn't find it in the stockroom after I paid for it, they gave me this top-of-the-line model (~$470 retail!!)for the same price! :D

1105Sony.jpg

160GB PS3 - My 60GB has been off at a (TERRIBLE) repair shop since January so I finally decided to grab a new Slim PS3. Best part? I got $160 back in gift cards from Target! :)
PSOne Console - I've always wanted one of these and it was only ~$7 @ Half-Price Books during their 20% off Memorial Day sale. Came with all the cords/controller and works perfectly!
XBOX Controller S - Also picked this up @ Half-Price Books.
XBOX HD AV Pack (not pictured) - Allows original XBOX to be connected via Component cable. Some games look awesome on my TV now!
PS3 - Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY - I had been looking for this exact version of the game (GOTY edition with lenticular case) for months with no luck until today! Plus I had a birthday coupon set to expire on 5/31 so I was extremely happy to get $5 off just in the nick of time.
PS3 - Kung-Fu Rider - $9.98 @ Target
PS3 - The Sly Collection - $14.98 @ Target
PS3 - Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - ~$15 @ Half-Price Books
PS3 - Vanquish - $14.98 @ Target
PS2 - Super Bust-a-Move - ~$3 @ Half-Price Books

1105Nintendo.jpg

3DS - LEGO Star Wars III
3DS - Nintendogs + Cats
DS - Custom Robo Arena - finally got a complete (used) copy via Amazon
DSi - Foto Showdown - I now have all 3 of the US DSi-only games :)
DS - New International Track & Field
DS - Sands of Destruction - really cheap on Amazon for some odd reason
DS - Master of Illusion - one of the last few first-party games I needed to track down
GBA - Silent Scope (box & manual) - I picked up the game during Gamestop's B2G2 sale
GBA - Mario Party e-Card Game - been wanting this for a while

I took advantage of the "Trade-in Save $5" deal @ Best Buy and got some new Blu-Rays:
1105Blu.jpg

Blu - 12 Monkeys - $5 @ Best Buy
Blu - Black Swan - $15 @ Best Buy
Blu - Donnie Darko $5 @ Best Buy
Blu - Office Space - $5 @ Best Buy
Blu - Cars Toon: Mater's Tall Tales - $15 @ Best Buy
Blu - Gnomeo & Juliet 3D - ~$15 w/coupon
Blu - I Am Number Four - $15 w/coupon
Blu - Nausicaa - $19.99 @ Target
Blu - Pinocchio - ~$25ish

Quake1028

tsigo said:
Is there an ongoing TF2 beta or something? You're the second person in this thread I've noticed that still has that in their Steam account. Clean house!

I don't think you can get rid of it. The best you can do is hide it.

JackEtc

tsigo said:
It was a while ago, but it never leaves your Steam -_-

Top Bottom