• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
MarshMellow96 said:
For £6 at some point in the future we'll see about that! I want to play the first UC at some point, even if some have advised against that, too...
Well in the case of Uncharted, the first one is a great game and the second one is even better. In the case of Killzone 2 it just sucks.

Lambtron said:
Well in the case of Uncharted, the first one is a great game and the second one is even better. In the case of Killzone 2 it just sucks.

Interesting, I'd heard that the first UC was a decent enough shooter, with UC2 being the game that brought the series way beyond par. What's so bad about KZ2? Is it bad in it's own right, or in comparison to KZ3?

New Month , new PCB :

Raizing's finest
is really Armed Police Batrider

Battle Garegga HK Kit .

DSCF4156.jpg

DSCF4151.jpg

MarshMellow96 said:
Interesting, I'd heard that the first UC was a decent enough shooter, with UC2 being the game that brought the series way beyond par. What's so bad about KZ2? Is it bad in it's own right, or in comparison to KZ3?
KZ2's story is super bland.

MiniBossman said:
Wow virtual on? Didn't know there was a Dreamcast version.
It's quite good. I like the XBLA version more (it's actually based on a more recent version of the Arcade game), but it doesn't have local splitscreen vs. like the DC port.

Massa

MarshMellow96 said:

KZ2 is a great game, GAF's GOTY FPS of 2009.

Rich!

Hawthorns said:
I've been so excited for Soul Eater to come out on bluray, and it did! At a very reasonable price too.

So I ordered it for its delivery to coincide with the end of my exams. I planned to do nothing -absolutely nothing- but watch it the day it came. It came today in the mail :D

Nope. Fuck you Funimation.

Gah. This is why I've opted to stay on custom firmware with one of my slim PS3's. I cannot play online or play new games on it - but I get region free blu ray. It's a compromise I'm willing to take.

However, that misleading packaging you have there is absolute bullshit. I'd go mental at them, even though I have region free!

Gloomfire said:
$5,000 in one picture and it's GOING to be an expensive month? Never change GAF.

I bought a 27 inch iMac two weeks ago at best buy and I was JUST about to post its' photo but man..I don't want to offend you.

Gloomfire said:
$5,000 in one picture and it's GOING to be an expensive month? Never change GAF.

Uh, two computers I think warrant an expensive month. I know what you're getting at but that doesn't mean these two items don't count.

TxdoHawk

Digishine said:
Cause i bought a new 3D tv thats going to be delivered tomorrow

Live that dream, man.

Half the reason I enjoy this thread is because seeing the epic levels of buying does a lot to sate my own materialistic desires. Is that weird?

highrider

Banned
TxdoHawk said:
Live that dream, man.

Half the reason I enjoy this thread is because seeing the epic levels of buying does a lot to sate my own materialistic desires. Is that weird?

not at all sir. i call this the stuff i used to buy before i got married and had kids thread. i miss those days of unfettered spending. now i just get the big piece of chicken. now i have to let my wife know a month in advance and she grills me about why i need the infamous 2 c.e.... bike bag with sly cooper logo obviously. duh.

TxdoHawk said:
Live that dream, man.

The only thing weird about it is that it's just half the reason.

Pride

Litflynt912 said:
Just got back from the phx comic con picked up a couple items but love this one
Local artist
30Fr1l.jpg

Thundercats HOOOO!!! Nice artwork, would you mind sharing the artists' name?

alext5

Neo Member
First post here. Sorry for the awful image quality.

SBJo9l.jpg

Love the iPad2 so far. There is a bunch of nice apps available. SmallWorld port is a lot of fun !

The Witcher 2 looks like an awesome game. Packaging is very nice for a standard edition. Will definetly try it this weekend.

Quake1028

Square Triangle said:
I bought a 27 inch iMac two weeks ago at best buy and I was JUST about to post its' photo but man..I don't want to offend you.

VGChampion said:
Uh, two computers I think warrant an expensive month. I know what you're getting at but that doesn't mean these two items don't count.

Digishine said:
Cause i bought a new 3D tv thats going to be delivered tomorrow

It was just a (bad) joke about how $5,000 is already a super expensive month (year :p?) by itself. No harm meant.

Last months pick ups were pretty good for me, this month is Ben better so far...next month dual velodynes gooooo!!!

Something new to hold my media
fb38f8cd.jpg

Something to put in the media cabinet
b8e188a6.jpg

8791aeb4.jpg

e3285cfb.jpg

337fa9de.jpg

And something new to watch it on to replace my 58VT25
db3c26a5.jpg

2a0389b6.jpg

a1ab8ad4.jpg

So thin, so sexy
a16d81be.jpg

kikori

Neo Member
Already played through Lost Odyssey but finally picked up my own copy, along with L.A. Noire and Infamous (BB sale, before Sony announced PSN freebies).
nducU.jpg

But my biggest pickup of the month is not shown: an engagement ring (she said yes!) for my fiancee. So I guess technically that's two pickups. :)

LiK

kikori said:
Already played through Lost Odyssey but finally picked up my own copy, along with L.A. Noire and Infamous (BB sale, before Sony announced PSN freebies).
nducU.jpg

But my biggest pickup of the month is not shown: an engagement ring (she said yes!) for my fiancee. So I guess technically that's two pickups. :)

hell yes, LO is great.

congrats.

Hawthorns

Hawthorns said:
Nope. Fuck you Funimation.

So I emailed Funimation about the disks and they said this:

Nicholas,

It appears that our production department mistakenly locked Region B on this release. We will be re-authoring these disks and making a running change, but will be unable to replace your product as we do not hold the license in the UK. We cannot legally mail product to territories we do not hold the license to.

This product was meant only for US and Canadian customers, and our retailers were only given information saying that this title was Region A coded (as stated on Amazon, PlantAxel, etc). However, we cannot stop our retailers from mailing internationally. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused, but you will need to return your product for a refund through the retailer.

Thanks,

Product Concerns

So I've emailed PlanetAxel in the hope of getting some replacement disks once they can confirm they have some region free ones. :\ Long shot I know!

kikori said:
nducU.jpg

Nice pickups

:boneheaded edit. :D

isny

napkin dispenser
Hawthorns said:
So I emailed Funimation about the disks and they said this:

So I've emailed PlanetAxel in the hope of getting some replacement disks once they can confirm they have some region free ones. :\ Long shot I know!

Let me know if you have no luck. I'm more than willing to do the swap for you and send you the new disc.

Diortem7

Litflynt912 said:
Just got back from the phx comic con picked up a couple items but love this one
Local artist
30Fr1l.jpg

Lol
Z88USl.jpg
I'll be there tomorrow. It will be my first time going to a convention. I'm very excited. :]

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Digishine said:
http://img.lv-up.net/img_051.png

Bought imac 27inch and macbook pro 17 inch. Gonna be an expensive month

Congrats! I love the Macs. Lovely machines. Should I fall out of PC gaming, that is the machine I will pick up.

Proxy

moop2000 said:
You know you are singing the song right now.... "You'll get caught in it!"
IMG_3258.jpg

I always wanted this as a kid. Seeing it now though, I can't help but marvel at the ability of advertisement.

Proxy said:
I always wanted this as a kid. Seeing it now though, I can't help but marvel at the ability of advertisement.
As a person who pretended to be friends with a kid to play crossfire once. You weren't missing out on anything as a child.

Top Bottom