• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (6 YEAR ANNIVERSARY)!

Christmas came early!

My amazing GF got me this today (we're both gamers so there was some self-interest here on her part as well, hehehehe):

aRtBB.jpg

9xoxf.jpg

ihCwU.jpg

8dk7a.jpg

KKW8c.jpg

9yhPA.jpg

n6aoo.jpg

It's beautiful....

Pretty sure this is my pick-ups for October too but hopefully I don't piss off anyone posting them as well

First is the free PS+ pick-ups
b5nH7.jpg

zDkit.jpg

hKrUC.jpg

Steam Pick-Ups
THDHg.jpg

SgbC9.jpg

XBLA Pick-Up and Tokyo Jungle
S8kty.jpg

nQzvE.jpg

lk4DX.jpg

And everything else including my Wii U
GmhUB.jpg

LH6EV.jpg

jNkZs.jpg

HUK5K.jpg

mIp1x.jpg

XLKfS.jpg

3p4Sv.jpg

GaS4R.jpg

Kr4N7.jpg

jZcJy.jpg

66fYd.jpg

2ap2R.jpg

2CpGz.jpg

Got this for working-out, lost it at the gym in the first week, solid bottle though going to have to pick up another
EzbLQ.jpg

Trying this game capture stuff out, finding out my province just doesn't really cut it when it comes to upload speeds
XSKi5.jpg

I have pics of my BF haul at home, but this just arrived today:

1ABB088A-C72E-4314-B5DE-2FFBBB85170C-14378-0000087851A8BBE8_zps8dafe9d1.jpg

Will post my other stuff later. Also, bought another PS+ sub from Amazon due to some credit.

Just got back form my trip to Tokyo. Had a great trip and bought a good amount of games and also got to meet some cool people.

This is kind of a pickup, but it was for Mark MacDonald at 8-4. Was super cool to meet the staff and talk about games over lunch.

Now to the games:

Arc07

Obligatory Wii U. InvisShell has a built-in stand which is really nice since I have the GamePad cradle in the living room and a separate charger in the bedroom. New 3DS XL since my (second) red XL has a dead pixel. Figured I'd try my luck with a blue one. Ordered a pretty sweet looking Hylian Shield decal for it too.

Not pictured: 4 copies of FlingSmash.

LiK

Calvin & Hobbes Complete Collection Hardcover. Holy jeez, this thing is way bigger and heavier than i thought.

1B1C6579-54B4-4EFE-9625-8D9F284EC488-2246-000000F57505DDB9.jpg

CoachKevin, aha! now i know what you look like. that will help when i need to meet ya :D

Sheik

Some stuff from the last couple months. Sorry for the crappy cellphone pics.

Used Mega Man DS games. Female Mega Man? Sold! And a new Zelda wallet.

Amazing IEMs. Bought these for home and the new Klipsch S4A (ii), which come with a sturdier cord, for the bus. The MEEs are far superior to the Klipsch S4A. Thanks to headphonesGAF for the amazing rec!

$10 Vita games. Me likey. Also picked up a couple other titles.

VLR with preorder bonus watch! Yes! It took forever to get here but it was damn worth the wait.

My first and probably last figure. Link! It's so damn beautiful. Definitely overpaid, but I was so paranoid they'd sell out. Now if only they'd make a Sheik figure. :')

Persona 4. Enough said.

Mercutio

This is a cross post with the Wii U HD thread, but hey.

WiiUHD.jpg

This is the one of the Toshiba drives that Nintendo suggested here:
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wiiu/en_na/external_usb_devices.jsp

I can see why they're pushing it, they're pretty much made for each other. Similar dimensions, plastics, and I'm pretty certain the same LED. It's kind of like a very wide tophat for the Wii U.

Not pictured and resting comfortably in this HD are ZombiU, AC3, and Switchforce.

Darkwater

I can see why they're pushing it, they're pretty much made for each other. Similar dimensions, plastics, and I'm pretty certain the same LED. It's kind of like a very wide tophat for the Wii U.

Not pictured and resting comfortably in this HD are ZombiU, AC3, and Switchforce.

Stylish! On the one hand I love black, on the other hand it's fugly with a coat of dust on it.

Alpha_eX

This arrived in the post today, I didn't expect this at all and it's really put a smile on my face.

68371_10151310340101413_1156641551_n.jpg

If anyone from the team is reading, thanks, this means a lot and I will be framing it.

StayDead

Got my first proper book in Japanese today. Until now I've read manga by myself, but never a proper book so this should be a nice test and it's also part of my favourite series so I know I'll get to the end no matter how hard it is for me to read. <3

ku2EJl.jpg

Lot of good stuff bought this month, finally ready to post.

My midnight launch Wii U deluxe set:

F85FDBA1-0F1D-4094-A2D5-6C53752980C5-3039-0000031A63FBC3D6.jpg

DD6ED6FA-42A7-415F-87B8-B0D0C7E3254E-3039-0000031CB62778CD.jpg

Sonic Colors, only $18 at Target this week (?), been meaning to play this for awhile as reviews were good and it's supposed to be the one to finally break the Sonic cycle.

C4BB0779-FAAB-4016-8453-41C14409B958-3039-0000031CD1C5BEDE.jpg

The '90s/Heisei/Shusheke Kaneko directed Gamera trilogy on BluRay, only $10 at Kmart. Gamera is really neat, he is made of turtle meat and in these he's just plain awesome:

D10A921C-9559-4D6F-9C3C-5625A852B554-5550-0000062B1F567DE9.jpg

Star Parodia for VC, my first OG VC shop download on my Wii U:

DF80BD78-4E2A-4694-8969-ABB99ED5E0FF-3039-0000031CE5FA9904.jpg

New, sealed (not for long) copy of Gradius Deluxe pack for Saturn:

A420CB3F-E75C-4732-83E1-2916E7A7D20A-5550-00000626198888B8.jpg

Mint copy of Gradius Gaiden for PSX (non-best original print):

1178559F-D0B8-4501-8D03-8B19DE7FD568-5550-0000062A140E2839.jpg

New, sealed (at least until I figure out a good way to hook my DC up to my HDTV) copy of Ikaruga with a sealed pack of the rare, Dreamcast Direct-only art postcards:

1859FC93-1E11-4E90-B374-494AABC81196-5550-00000627274A2226.jpg

Thoraxes

I want to post, but due to dumb shipping, I have to wait until the last thing gets here so I can make it.

I hope it gets here before the December thread, heh.

I had a good haul.

Rubius

Got my first proper book in Japanese today. Until now I've read manga by myself, but never a proper book so this should be a nice test and it's also part of my favourite series so I know I'll get to the end no matter how hard it is for me to read. <3

ku2EJl.jpg

How many years since you started Japanese? I kinda want to start since I bought 200 saturn Japanese games...

StayDead

How many years since you started Japanese? I kinda want to start since I bought 200 saturn Japanese games...

I started self teaching myself 3 years ago. I'm far from perfect, but writing a blog in Japanese about the anime I was watching helped me a lot and now I play a lot of VNs/Dating Sims/other games in Japanese so I'm always trying to pick up new words.

Rubius

I started self teaching myself 3 years ago. I'm far from perfect, but writing a blog in Japanese about the anime I was watching helped me a lot and now I play a lot of VNs/Dating Sims/other games in Japanese so I'm always trying to pick up new words.

Nice I will try that. I heard that playing a RPG in Japanese is pretty much the best way to confirm your skills. But a Book is pretty good too.

New, sealed (at least until I figure out a good way to hook my DC up to my HDTV) copy of Ikaruga with a sealed pack of the rare, Dreamcast Direct-only art postcards:

1859FC93-1E11-4E90-B374-494AABC81196-5550-00000627274A2226.jpg
For the nicest video output possible from a DC, get a VGA box. Since the DC outputs the VGA signal natively, even cheap 3rd party VGA boxes will deliver great video output. If your TV doesn't have VGA inputs you'll need some kind of transcoder though. I've seen VGA->HDMI ones, but I don't know how well they work.

CoilShot

WiiUHD.jpg

Ok that's nice. I might still go digital since I found out you can transfer your NNID now if you need servicing from Nintendo

For the nicest video output possible from a DC, get a VGA box. Since the DC outputs the VGA signal natively, even cheap 3rd party VGA boxes will deliver great video output. If your TV doesn't have VGA inputs you'll need some kind of transcoder though. I've seen VGA->HDMI ones, but I don't know how well they work.

Yeah, unfortunately my Hitachi Plasma doesn't have VGA, it was the thing I forgot to check when I bought it five years ago (otherwise it has been and still is an all around great TV). Someone pointed me to this video where a guy uses a VGA box with a VGA to HDMI adaptor to successfully upscale to 1080p (not true res of course but still looks nice) on an HDTV. It's a bit wonky and the VGA to HDMI adaptor he uses needs to be powered, but I honeslty think I'll go with this set up later on when I have time as I don't have an SDTV let alone a VGA monitoir and I really want to get back into my DC collection badly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXvXE-Nqr54&list=FLFuQmpTEk-SF6vxndVexHCA&index=23&feature=plpp_video

Ban Puncher

YfxoT.jpg

Weekly haul before obligatory WiiU post in a few days.

France representing strong with Leon, La Femme Nikita on BD and the French only PAL release of Sailor Moon on SNES that I managed to find that wasn't selling for an arm and a leg. Not complete but a welcome addition to the collection.

Bunch of classic NTSC US SNES carts in those awesome hard custom boxes bought as a group for mere pocket change. And the new SASRT 360 which I will continue to shun until Segata Sanshiro is released as a playable DLC character.

Yasawas

Had been dithering over a 3DS basically since launch, not too many games I want for it now but there are a ton of DS games in the interim to keep me going. So I buy this yesterday and then

a) I check back today and the price from where I bought it has gone up £20 and
b) NoE are giving all XL owners a free game and
c) my local branch of Currys had one copy of Ocarina 3D left at £9.91.

So chuffed right now. Also that Dishonored LE was simply the cheapest copy I could find (£21.49), I'm not some kind of nut who'd actually want tarot cards.

ithG4H1uYhcXm.jpg

Top Bottom