• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (6 YEAR ANNIVERSARY)!

Sylver

Banned
ugPb2.jpg

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
DVDs for my Shizuka Collection.

8226583299_0455e358d1_b.jpg

Shin Spy Girl (very low budget movie)
8226583631_379dc11ef8_b.jpg

Yuko
8227654354_5819aca94a_b.jpg

Takada Okada 2

Blu-rays
8226583529_7b1abe1b7b_b.jpg

Twilight Samurai (has English subs Yay..not sure why there is no official English release for this great movie yet)

8227654694_2360e74c7f_b.jpg

Time Traveller :The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (way better than the anime movie)

8226583935_82e9951510_b.jpg

Cyborg She (Dat Haruka)

edited: Chinese stuff
8226583873_fac3969451_b.jpg

My Sassy Girl 2(didn't know there was a sequel..need to watch it)

zmet

Hori Precision Screen Filter for the Wii U and Berserk: The Golden Age Arc I - The Egg of the King
jp75.jpg

Loose Gremlins 2 for the Famicom and a complete Rayxanber II for the PCE CD
jp76.jpg

b9gn9.jpg

Black Friday Amazon deal, so glad I was Vacationing in America over Black Friday.
Picked up a case for my Vita from Walmart,
Journey from the Amazon cyber monday deal.

Vwd91.jpg

ix48Y.jpg

Lots of Black Friday Blurays/DVDs from various stores.

ETnsO.jpg

Art Magazines.

I'm currently Vacationing in Florida from the UK. Lots of pickups!

Adamm

8227654694_2360e74c7f_b.jpg

Time Traveller :The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (way better than the anime movie)
)

I got the DVD of this a while ago because it was about £3 on amazon and was amazed how good it actually was - I was not expecting much from it at all, but I loved it!

Didn't know it was out on blu-ray, might have to pick it up also :)

Sora_N

I got the DVD of this a while ago because it was about £3 on amazon and was amazed how good it actually was - I was not expecting much from it at all, but I loved it!

Didn't even know they made a live film, I liked the anime one so I'll prob like this one more! Will buy later. :)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
It's all Chinese and not Korean. Chinese actors/director. Heard it's vastly inferior.

yeah just went through it moments ago..not good.

yes it's pretty good.

blu-ray iq and sound are great.

rataven

Brick Friday order just came in.

Bowfjl.jpg

And Black Friday pickups.

TLtZEl.jpg

Welp, after this, no more new game purchases for one year thanks to the GAF challenge. Wish me luck. *cries*

Yes Boss!

"Dear Mr. Yes Boss!:

We received your claim form regarding property you discovered missing from within your damaged baggage. I’m sorry about this disappointing and concerning incident.

Our check in the amount of $414.00 which will be sent under separate cover represents full reimbursement. You should receive this check within the next 10 to 14 business days."

Best Pickup this month

Long story short, KLM lost my bag coming back from Nuremberg/Amsterdam for about ten days last month. When I got it, the entire top half was missing and shittily taped. Missing was my Wii (with all its VC, playtime, Kirby in the system), my favorite blanket, Dreamcast Controller (Dreamcast itself was still in the bag). I claimed for exactly what it cost but they started giving me grief for receipts. Anyways, they decided to pay so now I can replace my Wii. Just got to send it to Nintendo to get all my VC stuff back on there (which they said they will do!)

J2d

Long story short, KLM lost my bag coming back from Nuremberg/Amsterdam for about ten days last month. When I got it, the entire top half was missing and shittily taped. Missing was my Wii (with all its VC, playtime, Kirby in the system), my favorite blanket, Dreamcast Controller (Dreamcast itself was still in the bag). I claimed for exactly what it cost but they started giving me grief for receipts. Anyways, they decided to pay so now I can replace my Wii. Just got to send it to Nintendo to get all my VC stuff back on there (which they said they will do!)
I loled, that's great btw.

Yes Boss!

I loled, that's great btw.

It was seriously my favorite blanket...and the reason I was carrying it back. A really class $100 chenille throw that I've used for over a decade. Got it for $20 when I used to work at Bed Bath and Beyond. Sorely missed and it won't be replaceable. I even used to use it as my photo back-drop for most of my pick-up in this long-running thread. :-(

C.T.

The anime dragged during the end. I didn't like the overly melodramatic ending. Didn't know there was a live-action movie. I might try it.

C.T.

That Berserk blu ray a movie or a series?

They remake the golden age (when Guts joines the white falcon) arc in 4 planned movies. I think the second movie came out in july in japanese movie theaters. They use lots of (rather bad) cgi during fights and go back to handdrawn but I liked it so far. It's quite bloody and has lots of nudity in coming (no puns intended) releases.

XEC5H.jpg

Alienware m17x

Specs:
i7 3630QM
Nvidia GTX 680M
16GB 1600MHz RAM
2x 500GB SATA 3B/s 7,200 RPM
Dual-layer DVD Burner
Win7 Ultimate, 64bit
3yr warranty
Nice. I got a very similar specced m17x a few months ago and have been very happy with it, it's a real solid machine. Been playing Black Ops II and Sleeping Dogs on it recently. Good luck with it.

jbug617

Banned
Bunch of Black Friday pickups

A80jaASCYAA3AUX.jpg

Blurays:
Kill Bill Vol 1-2
Men In Black 1-2
Mad Men Season 1-4
(not pictured Harry Potter Complete 8 Film collection, Magic City, Homeland Season 1)
DVD:
Chapelle Show Complete Series
Friday Night Lights Complete Series
A80jc41CQAAPTYu.jpg

Forza Horizon (Microsoft Store)
Dead or Alive 5
Borderlands 2
not pictured (Wii U Deluxe, New Super Mario Bros U, Kingdom Hearts 3DS, Persona 4 Golden, Starfox 64)

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
2012-11-19

Also picked up Black Ops 2 for the Wii U and the Rocketfish Headset.

I got it last week - forgot to post.

On top of this I've picked up a few Blu-rays from sales. Moon and The Prestige were both $9.99, LOTR Trilogy Extended Edition was $39.99.

jlGugccbPdjau.jpg

November has been fucking expensive.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Finally got the LE of Ketsui. Come with a neato two-CD soundtrack with a lenticular cover.

A1EDC6E3-84AB-4B7D-82D3-AB6E1C361965-4480-00000432F933D51D.jpg

Surprised you hadn't already bought this thing. Unless you just had the regular edition before or something.

In either case, you know how good the game is. Real good.

Yes Boss!

Surprised you hadn't already bought this thing. Unless you just had the regular edition before or something.

In either case, you know how good the game is. Real good.

Yep, just the regular edition is in my collection. Got all the official Cave LE but this 5pb one was not really on my radar. Got it brand new for $57 delivered from amazon which I just could not pass up. It is actually a pretty cool LE with two audio CDs all housed in a fancy clear case. The actual game inside is still just the SE. It was also a test for EMS, Tenso and my new PO Box here in Maryland. Wanted to make sure it all worked before I started shipping sticks or anything else pricey from Japan.

L9lPn.jpg

sOTzo.jpg

My launch BC PS3 died a couple of weeks back I waited until Black Friday to see what specials they had so I ended up with the $199 model. The only game I miss is Persona 3 of course it's now available on PSN yay.

I finished AC:III last week and wanted to play AC:L. Also I bought a PSP launch week and sold it a couple of weeks later this time that's not happening. Proud member of Vita-GAF checking in.

dwix

Picked up the 3DS XL and some games earlier this month, can't put it down.

I've already beaten Professor Layton and NSMB2 -- both were great. Working on Castlevania now and really enjoying it. After that, it is a toss-up between DQIX and Devil Survivor.

Hazelhurst

I'm so envious of you and your white Vita! Looks better than my black one at times. :/

I do have a white Vita, but that picture is from milkham.

I had a black one before. The black actually has a better looking power button. I wish the white had the same looking power button.

Top Bottom