• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER Pick-Up Post! (Show us your gaming goods!) - 1 Year Anniversary!

YagizY

It depends on what LCD your getting. My Sony Bravia displays SD content great. Some LCD's are better than others. Also unless your room is very dark, don't get a plasma. The glossy finish on the screen is really annoying when any kind of sun light hits it.

slasher_thrasher21 said:
OMG what have I done. This doesn't include Rock Band either!

November%20buys.jpg

you buy guides for every game you get?

Ken Masters said:
you buy guides for every game you get?

If its games Ive been wanting really bad then yes, I sorta collect them. Normal games that im just semi interested in, I pass on the guides. These have just been games I've been wanting for a long long time!

jtardiou said:
u could have gotten about 2 more games for all those guides D:~

Yeah but honetly after seeing how much I did just buy, do you think I even need a few more games? or would even have a problem if I needed to get a few more games? I'd say no lol :D

Darkman M said:
Wheres the Mass Effect limited guide? :D

Can't find that in stores yet and to the guy mentioning the Silent Hill guide lol... I would have that game in the picture too but im packing for a move, also Call of Duty 4 is missing from there along with the Witcher and well Rock band isn't out yet, and did I mention I picked up Rayman Raving Rabbits and Kane and Lynch yesterday too? :lol

womfalcs3

Banned
You can find walkthroughs/guides online on sites like GameSpot, IGN, etc.. Export them to PDF and save the guides electronically on your HDD.

I used GameSpot's walkthrough for one game in the past.

rocK`

Banned
womfalcs3 said:
You can find walkthroughs/guides online on sites like GameSpot, IGN, etc.. Export them to PDF and save the guides electronically on your HDD.

I used GameSpot's walkthrough for one game in the past.

Right, but being on your computer is not the same as actually holding the book / looking at the art work.

For gaf, especially in this thread, I'm puzzled why anyone would have a problem with someone buying 'too many' guides. They go well with games, as far as displaying them.

jtardiou said:
u could have gotten about 2 more games for all those guides D:~

Unfortunately in the cases of Assassin's Creed and ME, the "Limited Edition" or whatever those guides are called are the only way to also get a copy of the art books for those games. I collect video game art books, so I don't really have a choice if I want the art for the game.

rocK` said:
Right, but being on your computer is not the same as actually holding the book / looking at the art work.

For gaf, especially in this thread, I'm puzzled why anyone would have a problem with someone buying 'too many' guides. They go well with games, as far as displaying them.

Exactly. I am a collector of guides. Aside from games I really like I usually only get guides for rpgs and resident evil/Silent Hill games just cuz of the insane puzzles some of the games have and that if I'm playing the game years from now I'd hate to get stuck on some lame hard puzzle.

Been a HUUUUUUGE month and a bit for me. To add...

20112007224.jpg

Got Mass Effect over the weekend (couldn't get the fricken sticker off -- damn you EB!) and haven't stopped playing it since. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction I got in the mail from Play-Asia last week.

Also got my Dual Shock 3 with much thanks to J-GAFer, DJmizuhara.

And to think I'm not done yet. I'm still exepcting a whole bunch of Blu-Ray movies in the mail from Amazon by the end of the month and just today, I put an order in at Play-Asia initially for just Uncharted, but ended up checking out with Time Crisis 4 (w/hideous looking orange GunCon3) and College Hoops 2K8 (all for PS3) as well. Impulse buying for the broke!

And I still want to get a Wii for Super Mario Galaxy as well. :(

gray_fox224 said:
Dude, return them and do an in-store swap and try to get the deal. It should work.

They're already opened and the buy 2 get 1 would of only saved me a little.

Got Fire Emblem for $42, Resident Evil for $37, and the $25 gift card with Mario.

rocK`

Banned
I just bought RE:UC, but I think I'm going to return that, try to get full store credit for mass effect, then re-buy the game from TOYS R US along with two others.

shit im such a retail whore :(

Angel

Been a busy month so far just back from a trip to the US managed to grab myself some stuff I been meaning to get.

20112007352.jpg

Sorry about picture camera phone is a bit dated now, upgrade coming in december.

Angel said:
Been a busy month so far just back from a trip to the US managed to grab myself some stuff I been meaning to get.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd161/Olliefo/20112007352.jpg[IMG]

Sorry about picture camera phone is a bit dated now, upgrade coming in december.[/QUOTE]

What's with At World's End on Blu-ray? Early release?

Um...I guess we'll start with my latest toy...

Sony SXRD 1080P Front Projector
DSC07181.jpg

DSC07184.jpg

And I bought a few new HD titles to help me break in the new bulb:lol
DSC07197.jpg

miyuru

How's the projector? I'm considering buying one as well, but I'm cautious as to whether or not it could replace a TV for regular viewing.

Linkhero1

Too lazy to take pics so I'll just list the purchases and edit with pics later.

-Mortal Kombat Armageddon (Wii)
-Smackdown vs Raw 2008 (360)
-Super Mario Galaxy

btf1980

Mattlikewhoa said:
Um...I guess we'll start with my latest toy...

Sony SXRD 1080P Front Projector
DSC07181.jpg

DSC07184.jpg

Congrats on a fantastic projector!! The prices are real competitive now. I don't get why people even bother with tv's larger than 50". 50" should be the max. If you have space for anything bigger, then you might as well get a projector.

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
Awful. I'm feeling a little guilty for buying all this stuff now. Too many good deals going on, I couldn't pass them up. I am weak. (Zack & Wiki is the only thing in this picture I paid full price for.)

NovemberShame.jpg

btf1980 said:
Congrats on a fantastic projector!! The prices are real competitive now. I don't get why people even bother with tv's larger than 50". 50" should be the max. If you have space for anything bigger, then you might as well get a projector.

That's what I was thinking when I started to look for a TV set. I was looking at a larger 60" rear PJ and then I started to think about a front PJ. I measured the space and did a little homework and it was full steam a head...

And the prices are getting out of hand...stuff that was going for $5K can now be bought for half that. And the current 1080P PJ out under $4K are looking as good as the ones that were $10K last year...

miyuru said:
How's the projector? I'm considering buying one as well, but I'm cautious as to whether or not it could replace a TV for regular viewing.

I say go for it. In the beginning I didn't use my older PJ for anything more then DVD movies and sporting events. With this new PJ, I'm gaming, watching HD movies, HD tv shows, I'm doing it all Even my girlfriend loves the PQ this PJ gives (and she could care less)...

If you have the time to do a little research, and the space, you'll love the outcome!

Darkman M

Mass Effect/ LE guide
Mario Galaxy/ LE guide
Assassins Creed

I don't feel so guilty after seeing some of you guys big purchases this month. :lol

Danielsan

This month I bought Assasin's Creed

and

Just won this on ebay for €15,25 shipping included.
Finally I can play this game. Fuck yes.

8461_1.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Got my Rock Band today or the 360, along with Guitar Hero III... Also pictured is n8nmonster's copy of Rock Band for PS3 :)

2051450466_07520260a9.jpg

2050670125_329edcb866.jpg

Yay fun for Thanksgiving!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I'm pretty happy with the price I paid for Rock Band... n8nmonster and I went out this morning and he had to stop by the bank first. Our original plan was to go to Best Buy to check out the availabiilty there...

Initially I had preordered the PS3 version (lol at PS3 GH3 Les Paul controllers not working on PS3's Rock Band)... but I was NOT going to get shafted like that... So I decided on getting the 360 version. There was a Circuit City right next to n8's bank so we went in and checked it out. One of our old friends works at Circuit City, saw him there... and I saw some dude waiting for Rock Band as well. I noticed him holding a coupon in his hand, then it hit me... There is a $40 off purchase of $199 or more coupon for Circuit City. I was like WTF! I need one... Sadly the guy only had one coupon. Then my old bud who works at CC asked if he can see the coupon. Made two copies and gave em' to n8 and I.

Score!

So I saved $40.

Go random encounters.

RPG of the year for me.

Got these today:

2051538924_b644b1a8c6_o.jpg

Rock Band for PS3.

2051538962_441189ebe7_o.jpg

Live Free or Die Hard on Blu-ray, Mega Man ZX Advent.

2051538902_85c1cc75aa_o.jpg

And Medal of Honor Heroes 2 for both Wii and PSP.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Today was a pretty big day in terms of pickups... Got the following stuff today/yesterday stuffed in one spot in my gaming area...

2052357946_b959ba42ea.jpg

And then later in the evening the UPS man came by with this...

2051569469_3567cbfe1e.jpg

All in all, I'd like to say... NOTHING MORE IN NOVEMBER PLEASE! (After I get Mass Effect)...

;)

Bonus pics:

2052358616_30fb43f07c.jpg

2051570139_f6683bc828.jpg

Gettin my Dual Shock 3 delivered from a friend late tonight too!

ROCK BAND!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom