• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - MarkMan Returns!

rvy

Banned
smithy1983uk said:
new puppy alert!

5087438502_a24d0150c6_z.jpg

5086842965_48df3f1ae2_z.jpg

its a patterdale terrier 9 weeks old

we got him for are mum. her dog recently died he was at least 15 when we rescued him

and something abit less interesting
Awesome puppy. :D

Asparagus

robot said:
Been meaning to pick up Shatterhand. Check out Vice: Project Doom, Guardian Legend, and Codename Viper. All awesome NES games that aren't widely known.
Will do mate, I'm always on the lookout for some of the lesser known gems.

SonOfABeep said:
wish I still had a CRT. Had to bail out on my 38 inch trinitron when I moved. That fucker just was too heavy. Made everything from pre 2005 look SO good, though.
Yeah, the size and weight of a CRT can be a right pain but they're just unmatched for older systems. I've tried hooking them up to an HDTV in the past and they just look so bad.

Manp

i think it's RE5 Gold Edition... not so sure with the crappy iphone pic i took
lPC06.jpg

Finally i have a game to test with PS Move... controls take a bit getting used to, but the frame rate is much worse than it was on the 360. at least from what i remember.

:)

Zing said:
38 inch? Is this using the weird old British/Canadian measuring system where they advertised the size of the tube face instead of the actual viewable area?

I am currently using a 32" Sony FD Wega CRT and, yes, it is great for my PlayStation. It took a little work in the service menu to fix the geometry, though.

Perhaps it wasn't 38, I picked it up at a goodwill for $40 and never exactly measured. Maybe it was a bit smaller. Nothing about it was "small" though.

JEKKI

robot said:
Been meaning to pick up Shatterhand. Check out Vice: Project Doom, Guardian Legend, and Codename Viper. All awesome NES games that aren't widely known.
whooo!! thanks! they look awesome, Ima write those down too!!

robot

JEKKI said:
whooo!! thanks! they look awesome, Ima write those down too!!

No problem - I just got Vice PD for around $7 on ebay and having a blast. Can't believed I missed out on it back when it was released.

fireside said:
Speaking of CRTs, I picked up (with some help) this bad boy at a thrift store

MF1qV.jpg

I know what you mean. I had to help my brother move his TWICE and had to help a friend move a 46 inch Trinitron CRT down a flight of stairs at an apartment complex. I thought I was going to die.

isny

napkin dispenser
Quiksilver Bag (reg $69.99, on sale for sub $20!), Gorillaz Mug from Toronto gig (paid $20 at the gig...they are now $9.99 on their online shop), and the Cataclysm Prelude book! (already almost halfway through!!)

2rna1d4.jpg
sngydh.jpg

2qmkoqh.jpg

LiK

Crazypanda_85 said:
Do you know when the US version is being released? Or if they even have a US release planned for it?
So far nothing from what I read. This is so frustrating. I might resort to getting the UK DVD since my DVD player is region free.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Weenerz said:
How is it? I didn't even know it was out, or about to be out.

Haven't read it yet either, but generally speaking Christie Golden's books tend to be the best of the WoW books.

Then again, not hard to be a better writer than Knack

isny

napkin dispenser
Weenerz said:
How is it? I didn't even know it was out, or about to be out.

It's great so far. I wouldn't feel right playing the expansion without first reading this, as it describes pretty much everything from the death of the LK to the beginning of the expansion.

LiK

DJ Max Portable 3 LE. i think i got the last one cuz i ordered it the day preorders shipped out and as soon as i ordered, the site sold out. no dents, lucky me! ^^ but no voucher people talked about it.

DJMAX3-LE.jpg

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Sony Google TV Blu-Ray Player

84f8aad75d.jpg

cc1a0ac44d.jpg

af72f79220.jpg

Cool gadget, right up there with the Ipad. It combines all my tv stuff together and lets me watch flash vids with out needing to hook my laptop to my tv and it even looks better then my laptop playing on my tv.

Great stuff, it boggles my mind how I lived without something like this. Wished Hulu worked but I can wait for an app if needed

rc213

2vcgb9y.jpg

2e4c3li.png

Traded my iPhone 3G 16GB unlocked for a 3GS 8GB locked.
MEElectronics M2P-BK In-Ear Headphones to replace the Apple earbuds $10
Bunch of iPhone Games to celebrate.

Top Bottom