• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
bPod said:
I apologize for another pick up post in one day, but I received an unexpected call from EB Games today

DSC00321.jpg

uh oh, they're showing up ;)

$186 on ebay..no dead pixels...was a impulse buy so win! lol

love it...great premise...can see myself having fun...one gripe...just one...
and yes boss! feel free to agree...

this is not a system for fighting games, for crying out loud the psp 3000 had a better d pad

the recessed D pad makes it hard to pull moves off...played guilty gear for like 5 min and then it hurt... : /

but first pickup of the month...

evagelion and virtua kids on Saturn came in today too...more to come...

Tapiozona

Banned
Finally lifted my FJ cruiser a few inches, finished painting all the silver pieces black (mirrors, door handles, grill, bumper pieces, etc) and got my tires and wheels installed today.

FJ3.jpg

Tapiozona

Banned
just 3 inches though to me it seems like less.
I'm happy overall but maybe another inch or so woulda made it that much sweeter

Tapiozona said:
just 3 inches though to me it seems like less.
I'm happy overall but maybe another inch or so woulda made it that much sweeter

looks great. I know it seems to be an acquired taste, but I love those FJs. Maybe its because when I was a kid my uncle had an orange 67 LandCruiser and man I loved that thing. Was always hoping he'd pass it along to me when I got my license but he ended up junking the thing.

Yes Boss!

Some more love for my Go since the little guy was hungry. After the Micro, the second best portable ever made. Love.

Prinny:

P1020593.jpg

R-Types to go along with Delta:

P1020594.jpg

marwan

Banned
Litflynt912 said:
where did you get those bmw memory sticks?
that is awesome...looks just like the key! LOL
I would love to get one

thanks!

thanks!

i got them from BMW's parts and accessories department at the showroom, they only had them in 8GB, 16GB should be arriving soon he says, but i couldn't resist, so bought two, one for my and the other for my BMW fanatic friend :)

i'm sure they have them in the states as well, just ask for them at the parts counter. :)

marwan

Banned
Yes Boss! said:
Some more love for my Go since the little guy was hungry. After the Micro, the second best portable ever made. Love.

Prinny:

P1020593.jpg

R-Types to go along with Delta:

P1020594.jpg

so shall we assume the PSP Go is better than most people expected? tons of member in this thread go it, but the official PSP Go thread is full of bitchin' i'll be receiving mine in a few days. i even got a 16GB M2, so that a whopping 32GB of storage :)

Yes Boss!

marwan said:
so shall we assume the PSP Go is better than most people expected? tons of member in this thread go it, but the official PSP Go thread is full of bitchin' i'll be receiving mine in a few days. i even got a 16GB M2, so that a whopping 32GB of storage :)

So much better than expected. You'll love it Marwan. Only thing I've been playing all week and haven't even touched Fit Plus or Demon's Souls yet. Ignore the haters...they simply don't want the machine and, what's more, haven't gamed on the unit. That much is clear.

WEGGLES

I think people need to realize with the Go... The PSP3000 still exists and they're still making them. I can understand the complaints of it not playing the games they already own... but if you're new to PSP the Go is a solid system to look into.

marwan

Banned
thanks for the positive feedback Yes Boss. you know, i just wish the internal memory was expandable for future upgrades, it's not a biggies, but I'm content with my 32GB Go :)

you know im shocked and surprised that the PSP Go was released a few days before the states.

i think it's becoming a tend, even Halo ODST got released here a week before the states. i'm definitely not complaining :)

so when you coming down for a visit to the UAE buddy? :)

WEGGLES

IMG_0066.jpg

Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition GET.
The game is so hard, it shows you DEAD on the cover!

IMG_0067.jpg

Less cool regular edition cover.

IMG_0068.jpg

<3 full colour manual, and colour inside the case. I seriously hate how manuals for the n64 were full colour and full of awesome. Now they're 3 pages. Black and white. And have a diagram of a 360 controller, and the basic controls.

Is it strange that I love inner cover art so much? I give huge props to third party publishers when they give us some art to look at than just..white and more white.

Yes Boss!

marwan said:
thanks for the positive feedback Yes Boss. you know, i just wish the internal memory was expandable for future upgrades, it's not a biggies, but I'm content with my 32GB Go :)

so when you coming down for a visit to the UAE buddy? :)

But there will be another PSP to get by then anyways. :D They will probably release one next year that is 32 anyways.

Yeah. I'm certainly going to have to eventually re-visit the peninsula. I haven't been there since the late eighties when my family decided to move back to the US. Must be a different world now from what I grew up in. I actually have fond memories of Bahrain and like to return there too. We had to take a five-minute plane ride on a jumbo jet to get there but now you can just drive the causeway, crazy.

WEGGLES said:
<3 full colour manual, and colour inside the case. I seriously hate how manuals for the n64 were full colour and full of awesome. Now they're 3 pages. Black and white. And have a diagram of a 360 controller, and the basic controls.

Nintendo is still fighting the good fight! The recent Wii Fit Plus manual is just stunning. Love Atlus for caring so much about the manual experience.

WEGGLES

I love it too :)

It's such a little thing but it makes a big impact.
Pure sticks out in my mind too. Its the only game I've seen do it on the 360,

jaydogg691

Posting my pick-ups from last nights Uncharted 2 Event in Thousand Oaks.

DSC00463.jpg

Close up of the poster.
DSC00464.jpg

I was also lucky enough to win the Fortune Hunter Edition of Uncharted 2, but I have to wait until SCEA sends it to me.

Man, I got too much Uncharted 2 swag.

2009octpickup06.jpg

I picked up a little rental, the Vauxhall Corsa, to get me and wifey around in England. I don't know how you Brits pay for gas on the regular (if you drive), but fuck is it expensive.

2009octpickup11-1.JPG

Went to Stonehenge yesterday and followed it up with a little visit to Sony Liverpool to meet up with the producer of the LBP: GOTY edition. Had to take a pic with their recent trophy wall. Got to mess around with Heavy Rain and the sony wand too. :D

2009octpickup07.jpg

And then got hooked up with more LBP goodies, like those mega Sackboys...

2009octpickup08.jpg

An HK pamphlet display for LBP...

2009octpickup10.jpg

And some wicked LBP shirts with Motorstorm Pacific Rift and Pursuit Force. It's been a rather fruitful vacation so far in Sonyland. :lol

Dementia

donkey show said:
http://www.daviddino.com/2009octpickup06.jpg[IMG]

I picked up a little rental, the Vauxhall Corsa, to get me and wifey around in England. I don't know how you Brits pay for gas on the regular (if you drive), but fuck is it expensive.

[IMG]http://www.daviddino.com/2009octpickup11-1.JPG[IMG]

Went to Stonehenge yesterday and followed it up with a little visit to Sony Liverpool to meet up with the producer of the LBP: GOTY edition. Had to take a pic with their recent trophy wall. Got to mess around with Heavy Rain and the sony wand too. :D

[IMG]http://www.daviddino.com/2009octpickup07.jpg[IMG]

And then got hooked up with more LBP goodies, like those mega Sackboys...

[IMG]http://www.daviddino.com/2009octpickup08.jpg[IMG]

An HK pamphlet display for LBP...

[IMG]http://www.daviddino.com/2009octpickup10.jpg[IMG]

And some wicked LBP shirts with Motorstorm Pacific Rift and Pursuit Force. It's been a rather fruitful vacation so far in Sonyland. :lol[/QUOTE]

Holy crap man, you made out with some sweet loot. So are all of these Sony connections you have a direct result of your LBP creations or did you have some previous contacts in the industry?

Do I have to out myself as a game dev if I post this? Eh... I'm drunk so I'll tell the story behind it if someone asks.

Here's Fumito Ueda's autograph. He signed The Last Gaurdian page of Sony's TGS brochure.

e0pcgh.jpg

Here's a shot of the whole page. You can see my name in the upper left corner. Sorry for the shitty cell phone pics. This thing is fucking awesome. I'm gonna get it framed.

iqzc0g.jpg

Edit: Thanks to Archnemesis for helping me figure out how to post these pics in-line...

Dementia said:
Holy crap man, you made out with some sweet loot. So are all of these Sony connections you have a direct result of your LBP creations or did you have some previous contacts in the industry?
I have other connections in the industry, but you're right... this particular Sony run has been all been a result of LBP in one way or another. :lol

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
donkey show said:
I have other connections in the industry, but you're right... this particular Sony run has been all been a result of LBP in one way or another. :lol

TRUE STORY, I even met this guy at a SONY booth, randomly!

SONY <3

painey

why isn't that LBP gear in shops? Lots of people would pay for that stuff, and instead they give it away as swag.. throwing away potential profits.. crazy.

MarkMan said:
TRUE STORY, I even met this guy at a SONY booth, randomly!

SONY <3
SSS-Webbing04.jpg

Haha, so true so true. Thanks Crazy Ken!

painey said:
why isn't that LBP gear in shops? Lots of people would pay for that stuff, and instead they give it away as swag.. throwing away potential profits.. crazy.
There's actually so much of these for some reason. I think they've stopped manufacturing these things for one reason or another so... you got me! I know if this stuff was in retail, I would've been all over it.

I think the HK stuff were preorder bonuses or something.

SolidusDave said:
wait, PAL gets no new PS3 cover design? (or just at a later point as usual?)
We do get the redesign. The german version of Uncharted 2 will have the new cover design, but I'm pretty happy with my old fashioned Uncharted 2 PEGI version :D.

oblo

SolidusDave said:
wait, PAL gets no new PS3 cover design? (or just at a later point as usual?)
NBA 2K10 is the first game with the new design I've seen in Europe... Yesterday.

sinxtanx

Yay, I got my Ps3 yesterday! Only one game so far, but that will change soon enough!
The iPod Touch is from september, never posted in that thread.

ZdcXUpBfw.jpg

rcWcTBogz.jpg

JhZyYmFZb.jpg

I still think the PSP 3000 is the way to go, but that's just me.

There's still a pretty limited selection of what's available in the store and the prices are too high on PSN. IMO.

I do wish the Go was a little more affordable cause it's a very slick device, but there's too many "but" statements involved in buying one for me.

Chorazin

SonOfABeep said:
I still think the PSP 3000 is the way to go, but that's just me.

There's still a pretty limited selection of what's available in the store and the prices are too high on PSN. IMO.

I do wish the Go was a little more affordable cause it's a very slick device, but there's too many "but" statements involved in buying one for me.

I will buy one in a heatbeat when it hits $150, at that price it's acceptable to have alongside my PSP 2000.

Top Bottom