• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

grap3fruitman said:
Has Amazon's free shipping gotten reaaaally bad for anyone as of late?

I rarely choose Amazon over B&M, but the couple of times I have recently (Pinball HoF being my most recent) it's definitely taken longer than it did in the past. Their volume of orders may just be increasing, or maybe they're trying to get us to pay for Prime, but you're not alone.

Anyway, I bought a bit more than I should have today.

oct3.jpg

Haven't played Demon's Souls yet, and I'm still a bit unsure about 2K10 - I need to make some big adjustments to suit this to my liking. It's not bad but a few things feel kinda offputting so far.

oct4.jpg

Wii Fit Plus has been on my instabuy list since E3, but Jillian Michaels was a total impulse buy that seems to actually be pretty fun and worthwhile based on the 15 minutes I've spent with it. I'm pleasantly surprised.

oct5.jpg

This Is Us has its moments, but is largely a letdown. I'll discuss it more on OT later. So looking back at today, it wasn't a bad haul. The jury is still out, though.

Dennis

Banned
Jet Grind Radio! said:
dg047l.jpg

Adobe CS4 Design Premium Student Version. =P
Congratulations on the purchase of the best software package in existance.

I have the CS4 Master Collection myself and I love it.

Get a graphics tablet if you don't already have one. You won't regret it.
I recommend Intuos4 if you wanna spend. If on budget go with Bamboo (not really, get an Intuos).

Jal

Finally have something to post.

Uniross AA/AAA Charger This is to replace the one i bought a couple months ago which had a seperate power adaptor plug that decided to explode/shatter into a thousand pieces when i pulled it out of the socket.
2jesnig.jpg

1TB Hitachi Simple Drive
2ptrvb8.jpg

FIFA 10
xlc5ro.jpg

CAVE343

DennisK4 said:

I recommend Intuos4 if you wanna spend. If on budget go with Bamboo (not really, get an Intuos).

Noo, don't get a bamboo, it's a waste of money. Once you get the feel of it you will want to upgrade to an Intuos.

Yes Boss!

bad-joey said:
Noo, don't get a bamboo, it's a waste of money. Once you get the feel of it you will want to upgrade to an Intuos.

Seconded. You'll likely upgrade anyways so might as well throw down for the better one initially. I've had my Intuos 2 for years and with no need to upgrade.

b.e.r.g

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Eh, I'm happy with my recent switch to Mac.
Tsssk, was just congratulating your. I have the exact same, except that it doesn't say Mac OS. And you know, it's just in my blood to pick on Apple heads :D

It's a awesome package and I recommend everyone who's a student for the moment, and who has a slightest interest in photography or graphic design, to purchase Photoshop at least!

the rest of my September pickups + this month so far:

PSone PSN games:

2d1adeb.jpg

- Policenauts
- Silent Hill (US-Version this time)
- Final Fantasy Tactics
- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

f0yss4.jpg

not because of trophy whoring but realizing that I don't own a Lemmings game for any platform.

oghxew.jpg

I really liked the movie, though the first half was better because of the Rambo-like part at the end.
Bought Rock Band 1 just to export the songs to RB2 so maybe I will sell it or give it to a buddy.
Katamari Forever is my first title of the franchise so I'm glad to have some sort of best-of-version.

I guess inFamous SE wasn't in these threads for a while so I give it some bonus pics:
14tmyi0.jpg

back of it:
2v14w15.jpg

5 pages black&white manuals (especially in a CE) need to die though :/ Katamari has a stupid standard spine and no inside coverart but at least it has a thick fully colored manual.

oh and screw all of you early Uncharted 2 guys D:
Though I preordered the PAL CE so at least I can laugh at your boxart..in a few weeks, ha!

marwan

Banned
Kingdom Hearts, Professor Layton Diabolic Box, Dragon Quest Monster Joker(got it for $15), Mac Box Set(with snow leopard, 16GB M2 card for my PSP Go(that's 32GB in total and finally 2 official BMW 8GBflash drives that looks like BMW car keys :)

07102009096-2.jpg

TomServo

monkeycrap said:

As a little skate rat in the 80's (who discovered that surfing is much less painful), that is totally going on my Christmas list. Holy shit that looks so full of win.

Any vintage Steve Steadham designs in there?

marwan said:
Kingdom Hearts, Professor Layton Diabolic Box, Dragon Quest Monster Joker(got it for $15), Mac Box Set(with snow leopard, 16GB M2 card for my PSP Go(that's 32GB in total and finally 2 official BMW 8GBflash drives that looks like BMW car keys :)

07102009096-2.jpg

where did you get those bmw memory sticks?
that is awesome...looks just like the key! LOL
I would love to get one

thanks!

b.e.r.g

Litflynt912 said:
where did you get those bmw memory sticks?
that is awesome...looks just like the key! LOL
I would love to get one

thanks!
I would love to know aswell. Looks like perfect gifts :D

First post! By far my favorite thread each month. :D

Took back my original 80GB to Best Buy and got the Slim with a $212 store credit card.
DSCI3207.jpg

Best purchases out of this is by far the Lamo slippers and NHL '94 my GF got me.
DSCI3200.jpg

Fat Princess, although a little "lttp" so bloody fun.
DSCI3199.jpg

Toki767 said:
Finally got a chance to take a picture. Shame I can't play until I get out of work.

IMG_0947.jpg

Strangely right now, I'm wearing my Uncharted 2 shirt and my bag is holding my gym clothes. Thank God the shirt was actually a Large rather than the old standby of XL. :lol

EktorPR

I haven't posted in one of these in ages, so...let's change that. :p

SDC10129-1.jpg

-Mirror's Edge (LTTP)
-Batman: Arkham Asylum
-Demon's Souls w/pre-order goodies (Art book and OST)
-$20 PSN card

SDC10133-1.jpg

-A new friend. :)

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
Amazon's free shipping has gone to hell. I used to buy a lot of stuff from Amazon, but ever since they started intentionally delaying FSSS orders, I've almost completely stopped buying from them. It's too bad, I love Amazon, but there's no way I'm ordering a new release from them and then waiting 7 days after release for them to ship it.

DennisK4 said:

I do want to get a tablet, but I"m not going to need one right away. So I'll save up for the Intuos.

b.e.r.g said:
Tsssk, was just congratulating your. I have the exact same, except that it doesn't say Mac OS. And you know, it's just in my blood to pick on Apple heads :D

It's a awesome package and I recommend everyone who's a student for the moment, and who has a slightest interest in photography or graphic design, to purchase Photoshop at least!
Ha ha. I understand. Even though I'm on a Mac, I still have huge PC roots. In fact, my desktop that I will eventually build will be a PC.

bPod

I apologize for another pick up post in one day, but I received an unexpected call from EB Games today

DSC00321.jpg

terithegreat

Neo Member
bought this one just a few days ago - first time mac user :)

3990819531_e4f16cc957.jpg

this I bought about a month ago & it came in yesterday. I was going to take it out of the box, but I really can't imagine it looking any better then it does right now. Came with the DVD/Blu Ray version of the movie for $100. my pictures definitely don't do it any justice :(

3990806441_dd4c52f02f.jpg

3991567810_74a994f889.jpg

3991580182_b89369d8c3.jpg

terithegreat can you still order the doll as the bundle or even by itself? My Gf's niece would kill for that(gotta think of Christmas gift early!).

terithegreat

Neo Member
Square Triangle said:
terithegreat can you still order the doll as the bundle or even by itself? My Gf's niece would kill for that(gotta think of Christmas gift early!).

no, I don't think so :( each store only had 20 to 25 to sell and the website only had so many more. they sold out a few weeks ago. there are a few on ebay I think for not too much over the retail price though.

micromagic said:
DSC03990.jpg

£15.95 each from Zavvi although they have since dropped even lower to £14.95. Gran Turismo here I come.

So jealous! Any kind soul willing to pick one of these up for me (and be reimbursed)? I really want Outrun, and it's never coming to North America.

Kagami

Yes Boss! said:
I haven't picked up Persona yet because I know it will always be there when I actually decide to play it.
Don't worry, I'm sure it's just a matter of time before we see time-limited download versions--buy now or forever lose your chance!

Top Bottom