• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Backflip

The worse thing is that it's really big. It doesn't fit in a lot of wallets. It's even bigger if you open it (on the picture, it's folded in three). And the paper is really thin too. If you're not careful, the thing'll easily get torn.

The regular French ID is just a card though (it used to look a lot like the driver's licence about 15 years ago).

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
My one and only pickup of the month :)

2u43mgm.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ProudClod said:
My one and only pickup of the month :)

2u43mgm.jpg
I can't handle the awesome... good stuff man!

UNDERSTAR

Banned
1027090014a.jpg

:D :D :D Just picked these badboys up just a few minutes ago @ Gamestop (Randolph, NJ, THANKS JOHN!!!) Cept for 20th Century Boys vol 5 @ Borders. But man, my wallet is crying "Rape!" rite now and I don't blame it. :lol

Blablurn said:
1. bought a small 2:1 system for my tv.
I stared at this a full on minute earlier trying to understand why you used 2:1 to describe the aspect ratio. I know 16:9 is close to that, but it took a while for "for my TV" to register :lol

About to go pick up A Crack in Time! So so jealous of the vinyl characters.

Yes Boss!

xenorevlis said:
I stared at this a full on minute earlier trying to understand why you used 2:1 to describe the aspect ratio. I know 16:9 is close to that, but it took a while for "for my TV" to register :lol

Btw, 2:1 is Storaro's misguided attempt at the perfect aspect ratio. The best color cinematographer, EVER, doing it horribly, horribly wrong with Univisium.

Blablurn

xenorevlis said:

About to go pick up A Crack in Time! So so jealous of the vinyl characters.

:D

2009octpickup34.jpg

2009octpickup35.jpg

2009octpickup38.jpg

2009octpickup36.jpg

2009octpickup41.jpg

2009octpickup40.jpg

And then God Gundam sacrificed two of my Sackboys...

gundamsackboy07.jpg

For the following transformation! :lol

gundamsackboy04.jpg

Team GunSack, lol. The wife thinks they look cool so I'm in the clear. :lol

gundamsackboy06.jpg

Backflip

whitehawk said:
Woah, what is this?

I was supposed to go to one of the London concerts (I had tickets for one of the July shows that was postponed before MJ's death). Since they had created special tickets for the show, the promoters offered to send the actual ticket instead of giving you your money back. And I was surprised to see that they added the program from the Staples Center ceremony.

Yes Boss!

mug said:
480p looks nice on that tv, what's the model #?

Oh, it is a few years old. Not sure which number but playing SD stuff on it is still a compromise. The photo makes it look better than it actually is in real life.

jey_16

Banned
Backflip said:
I was supposed to go to one of the London concerts (I had tickets for one of the July shows that was postponed before MJ's death). Since they had created special tickets for the show, the promoters offered to send the actual ticket instead of giving you your money back. And I was surprised to see that they added the program from the Staples Center ceremony.

so instead of sending a refund they send out a ticket you cant use? not that i'm saying you made the wrong choice but i wonder how many people did the same.....they are making a decent buck out of it though

Backflip

jey_16 said:
so instead of sending a refund they send out a ticket you cant use? not that i'm saying you made the wrong choice but i wonder how many people did the same.....they are making a decent buck out of it though

Well, I thought about the long term value of the ticket. They're collector's items. And you didn't have to take the money or the tickets. For example, if you bought four tickets, you could get one ticket and the money for the other three. The choice was up to the people. I think I've heard someone say that one third of the people chose to get the actual ticket.

evanylee said:
Do you guys have a separate ID, 'cause that license looks kinda lame, like a laminated peice of construction paper

In France, the driving licence stand as an ID for every official administration. Just as the regular ID or the Passport.

Just like Backlift said, this is only the cover on the picture, but inside, you have a picture and a bunch of ID informations. But only the cover is plastified so when you open it, the rest is just lame pink paper and it can be torn easlily. It's made so you can add specifications to your same driving licence: car, truck, lorries, bike, boat, even plane, I don't know ^^

Ledsen

UnluckyKate said:
In France, the driving licence stand as an ID for every official administration. Just as the regular ID or the Passport.

Just like Backlift said, this is only the cover on the picture, but inside, you have a picture and a bunch of ID informations. But only the cover is plastified so when you open it, the rest is just lame pink paper and it can be torn easlily. It's made so you can add specifications to your same driving licence: car, truck, lorries, bike, boat, even plane, I don't know ^^

So how many fake driver licenses does the average sub-18-year old own in France? That's the lamest thing I've ever seen and it must be a piece of cake to forge :lol

Ledsen said:
So how many fake driver licenses does the average sub-18-year old own in France? That's the lamest thing I've ever seen and it must be a piece of cake to forge :lol

Actually, people do not fake their licence to drive before time, because it's usualy their parents car and the insurances are asking for real documents...

But A LOT of people are driving witheout any licence in France, but not the underaged teens, mostly older people (30 and over) who lost their licences after getting arrested by the police too often. They don't have the time and/or money to go through the entire formation in driving school again.

Mekere

Actually it's not accepted as an official ID in many many places. Some people just accept it out of habit but that's their choice (and their mistake) :p You can't use it in Europe and in many administrations. It can be used as a second proof but not as a primary proof any more.
It is indeed easy to forge but I don't think that it's very common, why bother? *shrugs* (see post above)

Backflip

UnluckyKate said:
Actually, people do not fake their licence to drive before time, because it's usualy their parents car and the insurances are asking for real documents...

But A LOT of people are driving witheout any licence in France, but not the underaged teens, mostly older people (30 and over) who lost their licences after getting arrested by the police too often. They don't have the time and/or money to go through the entire formation in driving school again.

Quite a few underaged teens and young adults drive without a licence as well.

Ledsen

UnluckyKate said:

I meant for getting into bars and stuff, but since you apparently can't do that I guess it wouldn't be that common.

Mekere

In France you are allowed to go alone (ie: without a responsible adult) in bar when you are 16. But you are restricted to CAT2 alcohol (wine, soft beer and cider). Strangely, it's legal but teens doesn't go in bar very often even if most shop don't sell alcohol to -18.

Sorry for the out of subject by the way ^^"

Backflip

Mekere said:
In France you are allowed to go alone (ie: without a responsible adult) in bar when you are 16. But you are restricted to CAT2 alcohol (wine, soft beer and cider). Strangely, it's legal but teens doesn't go in bar very often even if most shop don't sell alcohol to -18.

Sorry for the out of subject by the way ^^"

I've never seen anybody under 18 having any trouble buying alcohol here. I remember friends buying beer and vodka when we were 14.

cjdunn

2nd half of October:
decided against the Ultimate Cut, but Amazon doesn't sell the version with Digital Copy so I got Watchmen from Best Buy...
20091006.jpg

Stereo
20091007.jpg

20091008.jpg

20091009.jpg

$66 from http://www.eyebuydirect.com
20091010.jpg

for $40 from Best Buy :D
20091011.jpg

Least sensible purchase since I already own the Collector's Edition but I didn't want to spend the gigabytes of bandwidth...
20091012.jpg

20091013.jpg

***bedsheet change*** :p

Amazon B2G1
20091014.jpg

20091015.jpg

20091016.jpg

xSL4INx

Pickups have been really tiny as of late since I'm between jobs at the moment, but Tekken 6 should be coming in the mail. But, the Girlfriend and I picked up a few pumpkins yesterday and carved them last night, hers is on the left (Ganon) mine is on the right (Gengar).

gengarpumpkinbyxxsl4inx.jpg

xSL4INx said:
Pickups have been really tiny as of late since I'm between jobs at the moment, but Tekken 6 should be coming in the mail. But, the Girlfriend and I picked up a few pumpkins yesterday and carved them last night, hers is on the left (Ganon) mine is on the right (Gengar).

gengarpumpkinbyxxsl4inx.jpg

Those are sweet, you should submit them to the Joystiq pumpkin carving contest, you could win a ton of shit.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/23/joyswag-carve-a-pumpkin-win-a-pile-o-games/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
maskrider said:
I am playing the JP game on my Asian console in full English voice and menu. Not sure if it is really locked.
Wait so EVERYTHING is english? All menus, all voices, everything? Not a single japanese letter there?

maskrider said:
I am playing the JP game on my Asian console in full English voice and menu. Not sure if it is really locked.

Sounds like my decision to get the Japanese version just because of the cover art was worth it, now the wait for its arrival! :D

Top Bottom