• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

ColdMilk said:
Picked up a couples of movies:

img0847oh.jpg

Oh wow, I thought I was the only person in the world who would ever have to watch Happy Birthday To Me. Its such an absurdly bad movie, but on the other hand there are some HILARIOUS kills in it. I love the
motorcycle one and the weightlifting
ones the best, they crack me up everytime. Spoilered in case you haven't watched it yet.

tarius1210 said:
How is it this netbook (in terms of speed) with the additional RAM? Can it play HD quality videos without a problem? What about YouTube? I'm really tempted to purchase this particular netbook next month.

Ok I tested some high quality 720p videos now and they actually play fine (just don't skip much etc.) if you have not other apps active and set the Eee PC to high/super performance mode.
I could easily plug the netbook to my HDTV to output e.g. a (720p) second desktop and watch the videos on the HDTV.
youtube HD etc. are a no go but that's due to shitty demanding adobe flash, I guess.

But again, I think this should be the same with the standard 1GB RAM. The (very easy/comfortable btw) upgrade should only be noticeable while using several apps at the same time. In general I can't really complain about the performance, besides CPU heavy stuff like quick video encoding and 3D applications (games, 3d modelling etc.) you can do anything on it just fine. (e.g. winamp + FF with several taps + email-software + word, excel whatever at the same time).
I know of apps like Photoshop working fine, too (Though I guess only as long as you don't stress the PC too much with filters , layers etc.).

no regrets after another week in the lab+trains, these small Netbooks are awesome and 330€ is a way better price for me to buy a mobile PC I just want to work&surf with (w/o recharging constantly) :)

Image0069.jpg

Image0070.jpg

Devil May Cry 4 - Saw it for $19.99 at Toys R Us, so said what the heck and bought it. Pretty good game so far.
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Vol. 2 - LOVED the first one so I had to buy this.
Friday the 13th Part 1 and 2 - Got these for my brother.
Ninja Gaiden Black - Went ahead and bought this on XBLM. Fucking amazing game, currently playing through this for the first time.

Aljosa said:
http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww290/Aljosa15/Image0069.jpg
http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww290/Aljosa15/Image0070.jpg

Devil May Cry 4 - Saw it for $19.99 at Toys R Us, so said what the heck and bought it. Pretty good game so far.
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Vol. 2 - LOVED the first one so I had to buy this.
Friday the 13th Part 1 and 2 - Got these for my brother.
Ninja Gaiden Black - Went ahead and bought this on XBLM. Fucking amazing game, currently playing through this for the first time.
NGB, awesome!
I really love that game. Enjoy it.

_dementia said:
NGB, awesome!
I really love that game. Enjoy it.
Oh I will. :D

It's funny how I beat NG2 inside and out but never played this one, and it's apparently much better, and I'm a huge fan of NG2. Fun times ahead indeed!

Kamaki

London expo on Saturday, so I thought I'd buy a couple of things while I was there.

Haruhi Suzumiya Special Edition boxsets were really cheap so I grabbed them, now I've got cd's iron on transfers and... pillow cases?!

21no9c9.jpg
1411rg7.jpg

Also thought I'd get a 3 month subscription to Neo magazine along with a complimentary Black lagoon issue.
Shaman King 7 and 8
AI love you 2 and 4
Culdcept 1 and 4
Comic Party 1
Also Afro Samurai DVD

The 'Voices of a distant star' was bought earlier.

xn8ark.jpg

nyprimus2

LttPS1

First game I've purchased, off eBay this week.

10d5tv6.jpg

15wz09u.jpg

Used island blue official memory card, new island blue official DualShock, and a mint condition grey console should all be in next week.

Aurelius said:
9fwtmt.jpg

2 plane tickets to Tokyo. And 8 nights in this hotel. :D

congrats man!
I am going to Tokyo in Dec and am so excited...nice to have fellow GAF'ers who are able to know how freaking awesome that feels!!!!

Viva Super Potato!

Yes Boss!

In anticipation of Sin and Punishment releasing at the end of the month I'm celebrating Treasure by picking up games of theirs that I've never played. This week it is Slihouette Mirage for the Saturn.

P1020767.jpg

Also got Monster World IV on VC:

P1020741.jpg

practice02 said:
Be prepared to not get let into places and you will hear the phrase No foreigners alot, the Japanese at times are more rude then the french.

I'm an American and I went all over Japan for 2 weeks and was welcomed everyplace I went

Ratba

Unconfirmed Member
OverHeat said:

A lot of those pictures are for snack clubs and massage parlors. You po' ass gaijin probably couldn't afford it anyways. Don't let them deter you. Unless you plan to spend a lot of time in the red light district or combing the back alleys you aren't going to face any opposition when you try to enter any places.

Aspiring

Well, expensive month for me.

First Off, picked up a Rock Pedal with Practice Pad! Great Pedal but takes a while to get used to and a pain to get to your perfect position! But once there is oh so much better :D

PA260701.jpg

PA260702.jpg

The missus was complaining that i always get everything and she gets nothing so i bought her a Wii with some accesories and some games, as well as picking up Uncharted 2 for myself! Not pictured is the Balance Board.

PA260703.jpg

PA260698.jpg

And to round things off, i said we cant have all this nice this without a better TV. So we also bought a 50 inch Samsung Series 8 PS50B850 :D Amazing TV, Uncharted 2 looks to die for on it!

PA260699.jpg

And it is oh so thin!

PA260700.jpg

Also currently awaiting more to be delivered. Will post pictures and details than!

OverHeat

« generous god »
Ratba said:
A lot of those pictures are for snack clubs and massage parlors. You po' ass gaijin probably couldn't afford it anyways. Don't let them deter you. Unless you plan to spend a lot of time in the red light district or combing the back alleys you aren't going to face any opposition when you try to enter any places.

Nice Im gonna be able to spend my hard earn money on some sweet massage!!!!

Metric tickets:
m.jpg

Sabres tickets:
tickets.jpg

Keychain only:
P1010058.jpg

Going to BB tomorrow to get the price adjustment, but got these two days ago. Also my ipod touch case came in the mail as well...I need to clean the screen:3 :
P1010009.jpg

Aurelius

practice02 said:
Be prepared to not get let into places and you will hear the phrase No foreigners alot, the Japanese at times are more rude then the french.
This is my second trip, I also went to Japan 2 years ago and never encountered a problem.

Forsete

New computer.

GAF gave me advice on some of the parts, thanks GAF. :)

4041844893_64b5c0fd20_b.jpg

First time ATI user.. I've been with nVidia since the Riva 128 days. :p
Not overly impressed with ATI Catalyst Control Centre, feels very amaturish tbh.. nVidia Control Panel was much more thought out IMO, but its the performance that counts right?

4041846373_1e568017ba_b.jpg

Loving the new i7 processor, running it at stock right now.. I was thinking of overclocking but I'm not sure I need the extra performance right now anyway, so I'll just leave it at stock for the moment. Its a beast when it comes to video encoding, Sony Vegas just rips though the encoding process, VirtualDub manages to encode faster than real time, at least the stuff I tested (720p 30fps to XviD MPEG4). Also editing RAW files from my A900 works like a dream now, opens them fast etc, also I got 6GB of RAM so I should be able to open up a few of those 24.6MP files. :p

Also seen in the picture a small flash for my DSLR, it can act as a trigger for other flashes as well as its own flash.. I had to get it since my camera does not have a built in flash, which otherwise acts as the trigger.

4041843825_7fd12ba679_b.jpg

New keyboard, I was using Logitechs UltraSlim at first but its just too small, I wanted something bigger and.. while this looks quite tacky I got it. I wanted one with back-illumination and multimedia buttons. However the price was pretty high, I thought it would be of higher quality than it is. :/ Some of the buttons (multimedia, like volume) feels kind of cheap, also the Mute button does not work in Windows 7. :(

4042592606_2d5461e458_b.jpg

This is what the setup looks like right now, lots of space. Those Altec speakers are old as dirt, I got them with a DELL PC back in 1998 or something, but the audio is good enough so I keep using them. :) Love the nicotine* look which they have acquired over the years.

* Not really

EDIT: Argh, I probably exported these pics as AdobeRGB.. I forgot to change that setting in Photoshop, everything is still so new, I'm used to the old PC. :(

Yazuka

Here is everything I've bought in October. And there will probably be nothing else to buy this month. Even if I'm interested in Tekken 6.
Next month perhaps.

Yes Boss!

_dementia said:
Good choice with the Saturn version of SM, Yes Boss.

Kind GAFers gave me some links and reasons to go with the the Saturn version. More expensive but worth it, it seems. I'm hoping that the game is easily playable for somebody not knowing Japanese. This comparison shot pretty much sold me on the Saturn version:

Saturn:

compare-saturn2.png

Playstation:

compare-psone2.png

If the game turns out really awesome I might eventually just pick up the Working Designs version for fun (less than $30 on eBay).

Yes Boss! said:
If the game turns out really awesome I might eventually just pick up the Working Designs version for fun (less than $30 on eBay).
I can tell you from experience the WD port is no fun at all. They fucked with the game's difficulty balance and economy, so you pretty much have to milk every enemy you encounter for coins before killing them and Shyna both takes much more damage than she's supposed to and consumes more MP than she should.

angelfly

34gk41j.jpg

Took a trip to Best Buy and picked up Demon's Souls, Batman:AA, and Katamari Tribute. Now the only other games I plan on buying this year are Bayonetta at the end of this month and Final Fantasy XIII in December.

24nnyia.jpg

Also picked up some CD-Rs while I was at BB. It was 7.99 for 50 pack and the Acekard arrived in the mail yesterday so I can finally get back into some DS homebrew.

Manp

AgentOtaku said:
Nice PC man!

thanks m8!

the hardware may be a bit dated (C2Q 9650 3GHz, 8GB DDR2, ATI 4850) but i'm going to buy a 58x0 in the coming months so i think it will serve me well for another year at the very least.

and it looks gorgeous to me :D

:)

zoku88

practice02 said:
that's cool but you probably just stayed in the touristy areas
I was in Japan for 3 months and didn't encounter a problem. Though, I don't doubt that those places exist, they don't seem very common.

Polk

S5003369.JPG

First part of my new gaming rig (I started with things that areng getting cheaper).
And Brutal Legend of course.

Top Bottom