• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

CoilShot

ProudClod said:
My one and only pickup of the month :)

2u43mgm.jpg
where you get those awesome ratchet and clank statues?

f3cchv.jpg

:D :D :D

The quality of this game makes up for the fact that when I cancelled and tried to move my Borderlands PC pre-order to a GameStop that already had copies they told me there were no more I could get :(

Maybe I'll get Borderlands another day.

AdamMPSP

To go with my new PS3 this month, I took advantage of the Best Buy 2-for-1 and bought some red band games to catch up on what I've missed out on.

Bestbuysale.jpg

oblo

Benjamin1981 said:
Are you from France? Amazon.fr seems to be the only online shop to have this game in stock. Gamestop Germany says the games does not have a date and all the UK shops don't have it either. Really strange release tactics.
Nope, Belgium, we have it in our store since a week or two...

Ordered this 28 inch monitor from Newegg... $309 shipped, its amazing. HDMI port and a beautiful picture. Dirt cheap for anyone looking to get a MASSIVE monitor at a great price. Also Forza 3

popoctober.jpg

Yes Boss!

donkey show said:
Yea boi! A serving of Bayonetta and some Chicken McNuggs for my lunch break. :D

2009octpickup42.jpg

Jealous!

I could not afford Bayonetta this week so I'll have to wait for the NA release. The Japanese boxart for the PS3 version is so hot.

Yes Boss! said:
Jealous!

I could not afford Bayonetta this week so I'll have to wait for the NA release. The Japanese boxart for the PS3 version is so hot.
Whut? :lol Totally understandable though.

But yeah, the boxart rules. I love working up the street from Japan Video Games.

Yes Boss!

donkey show said:
Whut? :lol Totally understandable though.

But yeah, the boxart rules. I love working up the street from Japan Video Games.

Well, this month is pretty big as a whole with a lot of things dropping at the end of the month...gotta budget. Also, this week is Tekken Week so there is quite a bit of expense. Along with Sin and Punishment something had to give. Not sure if I'll even play T6 but I'm going to give a good honest Yes Boss! try.

As for Bayonetta I'm thinking I'll get the title sooner rather than later...maybe early december. I'm, like, one of the few who totally wants this for my PS3 rather than my 360. Love that boxart. So class with the blue Sega logo on the blue background.

16041167808306645685251.jpg

Best Buy sale. Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time is for me, and I got Muramasa & The Conduit for my brother. The Conduit was already on sale for $39.99. =)

I might have to go down there and get some more, sales ftw. First I did the Toys R Us sale and now the Best Buy sale :)

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Yes Boss! said:
Jealous!

Yes Boss! said:
Well, this month is pretty big as a whole with a lot of things dropping at the end of the month...gotta budget. Also, this week is Tekken Week so there is quite a bit of expense. Along with Sin and Punishment something had to give. Not sure if I'll even play T6 but I'm going to give a good honest Yes Boss! try.

As for Bayonetta I'm thinking I'll get the title sooner rather than later...maybe early december. I'm, like, one of the few who totally wants this for my PS3 rather than my 360. Love that boxart. So class with the blue Sega logo on the blue background.
I thought the game is a January release for NA? Has that changed, or are you talking about importing in December?

Amazon still lists it as January.

Yes Boss!

Monroeski said:
I thought the game is a January release for NA? Has that changed, or are you talking about importing in December?

Yeah,

I just want the pretty Japanese PS3 boxart...I'd import that in december since Spirit Tracks is the only game I'm getting that month. If the box art is not an issue you might as well wait for early january.

Yes Boss!

UPS man came.

Tekken games. The bundle actually comes with a pretty nice and high-quality artbook:

P1020777.jpg

Tekken Stick. Pretty good quality for what it is. Nice flat and wide profile. Only doing the wireless for the 360 version, getting the HRAP for the PS3:

P1020779.jpg

Monroeski said:

He probably means importing, since the games are not region locked and will probably have English in one of the versions.

Yes Boss!

Chittagong said:
Why do you have it for both 360 and PS3?

You mean the game? I buy fighting games for both systems since I've got sticks for both and I can choose what and how I play it for shits and giggles. Besides that, 360 version for achievement fun and a likely more robust experience and the Triple version since the original arcade game was based on Sony hardware (I believe).

Virro said:
How's the weight on the Tekken stick?

Very light and hollow feeling. Comparing it to the SE it seems excessively cheap. Still, the wireless is fun (and a bit of a trip!).

Also, stopped by DVD Planet on the way home from LA today and picked up Monsoon Wedding blu-ray. $6 cheaper at amazon but sometimes it is nice to slum it at a retailer:

P1020784.jpg

xenorevlis said:
He probably means importing, since the games are not region locked and will probably have English in one of the versions.
The PS3 JP version is straight up full English. Didn't even have to mess with any options to do so. I just popped in the disc and english away!

bayonetta01.jpg

bayonetta02.jpg

If you can't wait, there's no real need to do so. :D

Jet Grind Radio! said:
One of the last video games I'm allowed to buy:
ous1mx.jpg

Not a bad purchase either. The game is epic and the multiplayer is addicting.

I have two games left for the year. Modern Warfare 2 and Assassins Creed 2 unless another game blows my socks off.

Yes Boss!

jaydogg691 said:

I'm done for this month...except for some stuff that might arrive in the next few days from purchases last week.

Would you recommend Chinatown Wars for somebody who didn't really get into the DS game? I've been going back and forth on putting that on my Go over the last week. Perhaps giving it another shot.

jaydogg691

Yes Boss! said:
I'm done for this month...except for some stuff that might arrive in the next few days from purchases last week.

Would you recommend Chinatown Wars for somebody who didn't really get into the DS game? I've been going back and forth on putting that on my Go over the last week. Perhaps giving it another shot.
It's basically the same game as the DS, but with much better presentation. I really tried to get into the game on DS, but I wasn't a fan of the touch screen segments. Instead of removing all the touch screen segments from the DS version (which I would have liked), they are replaced with button actions. The enhanced graphics has made the game easier to enjoy and makes navigating through Liberty City better for some who has played a lot of GTA IV.

If you already have it on DS, I would just saved the money. I needed something to play on Go and this was a good purchase for me.

Chorazin

06637b61.jpg

Heck of a time getting Tekken 6, the Best Buy in my town never got any copies, so I had to drive an hour round trip to the next closed to take advantage of the B2G1. :(

Chorazin said:
[IMGhttp://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad267/Chorazin_bucket/06637b61.jpg[/IMG]

Heck of a time getting Tekken 6, the Best Buy in my town never got any copies, so I had to drive an hour round trip to the next closed to take advantage of the B2G1. :(

My best buy let me buy one yesterday (Forza) and then come back today to pick up Ratchet (which they had) and GTA Stories which was not in stock but should have been and still take advantage of the deal.

Top Bottom