• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Costanza said:
21176h3.jpg

along with a bunch of other stuff I'm too lazy to take a pic of
WHERE?

sikkinixx

IMG_0984.jpg

Finally got a new monitor. Acer x213w for $190. Works like a charm, colours are nice and the price is right. Not high end S-IPS stuff or whatever, but it's for games and web browsing so yeah

IMG_0982.jpg

Wario Land is the gf's though I still play it. Looks stunning. I wish more games had it's style. Hot Shots was only $8 at Rogers Video so I couldn't say no. Just like the first one which is a good and bad thing. Dark Sector was also $8, game looks so awesome, it's pretty fun to boot though the controls are tankish and the enemies take way too much to kill. Kirby was a must buy, even though I don't like it was much as Squeak Squad. Paper Mario + Gameboy player were purchases tonight...

IMG_0977.jpg

They go with that! Got the cube plus paper mario for $30 brand new, and the gameboy player was $40. A bit steep for the player but I have wanted one for a while now so I just decided to buy it as if I didn't it would probably be gone the next time I went back. Works awesome, I love it. THOUGH, I must say, it sucks that the new cube can;t use component cables :( the manual says only with a different model that has an extra output port. Lame.

IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_0976.jpg

Now I gotta start recollecting cube games. And Wind Waker still looks fantastic...

Fox the Sly

_dementia said:
Do you have component cables for your GCN?

I hear they're kinda rare.

For whatever reason, Nintendo went out of their way to make getting Gamecube component cables a pain in the ass. I had one opportunity to get them from Nintendo's site and bought something else instead. When I went back, they were permanently out of stock. :/

There's always the Wii though.

Aladuf

Banned
sikkinixx said:
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj9/sikkinixxkixx/Loot/IMG_0984.jpg

Finally got a new monitor. Acer x213w for $190. Works like a charm, colours are nice and the price is right. Not high end S-IPS stuff or whatever, but it's for games and web browsing so yeah
I've got the same monitor, it's definitely a good one.

sikkinixx

Johnny said:
Where'd you get the Gamecube for $30?

Zellers here in Canadia. It was actually $39.99 but I had some HBC points things given to me that knocked it back to just over $30. Firestorm just posted that TRU here in Canada has them for $25... argh, but I wanted Paper Mario anyways.

And no i don't have cube component cables, but now I won't even bother trying to find them. I have a Wii to play Cube games on 9 times out of 10, but this can go in my bedroom on the little tv. I have just always wanted the damn gameboy player for whatever reason so I had to jump on it since I got a bonus cheque from work. My collection of gameboy advance games needs some playin on a tv :p

mike23

ngogeu.jpg

Picked up LO($60), Too Human($50) and Disgaea($0) at the TRS B2G1 sale. Sort of lame because LO is 40 at most places and TRS doesn't price match.

Picked up IU when I bought my 360 and got lucky with the price drop from 60>40 so I got some cash back from Best Buy.

That is actually my second 360, the first one died within 4 days of buying it and Best Buy was nice enough to replace it

Pein

Banned
sikkinixx said:
IMG_0984.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj9/sikkinixxkixx/Loot/IMG_0982.jpg[..[/QUOTE]
I bought the same monitor earlier this week

Gagaman

marwan said:
please tell me it's available on Bluray too!!!!!!!!! i would rush out the door now!
I wish, as I'd have that if there was. The only Pixar Blu-ray's so far are Cars, Ratatouille and Pixar Shorts.

Struct09

sinnergy said:
Ah okay, it's mine, got it from Gamespot :lol No cam at hand.

Might want to read the OP. Not reading OP's is a bannable offense these days :( It's not too late to edit!

Also, quoting the stock images is failing just as much.

JEKKI

check out out!!! a poor man's pickups!!

2qv401d.jpg

u guys like to buy toys?!?!?! I gotta make my own toys!!

69doua.jpg

u guys like to buy DVDs and books?!?!?! Free trial + free subscription FTW!!

9bah05.jpg

u guys like to buy GAMES?!?!?! goozex muddasucka!! trade games bitch, dont gotta pay shyt!!

JEKKI said:
u guys like to buy GAMES?!?!?! goozex muddasucka!! trade games bitch, dont gotta pay shyt!!

You're a gentleman and a scholar.

SA400033Large.jpg

This minor stack of games displaced my LBP money.

Fable 2 will likely be my last purchase for the year.(if anybody in canada got it early, please tell me where.)

JEKKI said:

I declare you win.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
This has been a... painful month - and its not even over yet!

DSC_7031.jpg

Finally picked up a PS3 + extra DS3 + BT remote

DSC_7033.jpg

And some games/BluRay to go with it (yay limited Qur'an version!)

DSC_7036.jpg

And some Wii games (thanks TRU B2G1F!)

DSC_7038.jpg

And I finally bought a dedicated box to serve all my media around the house

DSC_7032.jpg

And a new camcorder to... play with? I dunno, seemed like a good idea. Oh, right! Kids! Gotta get footage of those things.

DSC_7039.jpg

DSC_7040.jpg

DSC_7041.jpg

DSC_7042.jpg

DSC_7043.jpg

DSC_7044.jpg

DSC_7045.jpg

DSC_7047.jpg

And then all the downloadable games. Ugh. If these things aren't transferrable to the next generation of consoles I'm so out of like $800. I've got so many XBLA, VC, WiiWare, and now PSN games its upsetting.

This year has been especially brutal. Thankfully the only remaining things this year for me are Gears 2, Guitar Hero: World Tour, Resistance 2, and Mirrors Edge. Even then, R2 and Mirrors Edge are maybes. I'm still working to finish Spore, Crysis + Warhead , Pure, Star Wars TFU, Uncharted, MGS4, and a handful of August's XBLA games (namely Castle Crashers and obtaining 100% achievements in Geometry Wars 2).

Ugh. The fall backlog always sucks - in a good way though!

Forsete

QNap TS-509 Pro, Network Attached Storage/Home Server/Web-server. Upgrading from my old TS-109 Pro which I have been very happy with.

Got 3x WD 300GB HDDs for the 509, running in RAID5 config.

nasen1.jpg

nasen2.jpg

It will be feeding my computers and PS3 with music/video, downloading my torrents and hosting files. :D

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
I've got a hole cut w/ a USB fan. Anytime a system is on air is being circulated.

Only one RROD since launch - and that was out of the blue, not heat related.

The real problem is movie/game storage. I am 100% out of room for any more media. I've got my PS3 + Wii games now stacking up on top of the entertainment center. Time to buy more shelving :(

AllGamer

SIP YEK NOD said:
SA400033Large.jpg

This minor stack of games displaced my LBP money.

Fable 2 will likely be my last purchase for the year.(if anybody in canada got it early, please tell me where.)

Is the D-Pad on that red 360 controller the new improved one?

botkiller

Forsete said:
QNap TS-509 Pro, Network Attached Storage/Home Server/Web-server. Upgrading from my old TS-109 Pro which I have been very happy with.

Got 3x WD 300GB HDDs for the 509, running in RAID5 config.

*Pictures*

It will be feeding my computers and PS3 with music/video, downloading my torrents and hosting files. :D
That thing is beautiful. I want one, but $900 is way outside my price range.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
botkiller said:
That thing is beautiful. I want one, but $900 is way outside my price range.

I can personally highly recommend the HP MediaSmart home server. ~$550 gets you a 500GB server running whats basically Server 2003. I've got an FTP + Web server running, and it doubles as my leeching box. I've got an extra 1TB of space on it already, with plans to get up to 4TB "soon". It streams full 1080p over my wifi to either the 360 or my PS3. Plus, it does an incredible job of automating backups and giving you peace of mind with shares that are redundant over multiple drives (i.e. all the pictures in my "Photos" share are duplicated across drives automatically, but my Downloads or MP3 share doesn't have to). Really saves on space compared to RAID when you don't need everything duplicated.

Aladuf

Banned
AllGamer said:
I have one of the red controllers and it has worked perfectly for me when I'm playing Gears. My last 360 controllers d-pad never switched weapons properly and this one does it perfectly.

AllGamer said:

All i'll say right now is that they switched the screws up a little, and its fucking with my security bit. might have to drill em ;)

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
btf1980 said:
SACD's & CD's
DSC_0638-1.jpg

DSC_0639-1.jpg

Wow. How do those SACDs sound and how much were they? I've always been interested in them but they tend to slip my mind. Wonderful taste in music you have there.

sl4sh79

JEKKI said:

:lol

you pwn us all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom