• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

allreal

milkham said:
ouch, did the shippers not know that plasmas are supposed to stay upright during shipping?

received by dhl....with there ricketty ass van......found out that there not even supposed to send it that way.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
MortalMonkey said:
New desk too, almost forgot. It's used, but it's new to me.:D

CIMG0917.jpg

Isn't that an IKEA Jerk or something?

marwan

Banned
Gagaman said:
This lot arrived in the post today.

n3xk79.jpg

Now I heard good things about Earth Defense Force, but darn I love it more than i thought I would.
More games need to be based on B-Movie convention, there's nothing quite like fighting giant ants next to the houses of Parliament.
On my first go I accidentally blew up Big Ben, then was flung into the river Thames (shallower than it I thought it was!) where the camera went mental as million of ant legs wiggled all over the screen.
So awesome. :D

Capcom Collection 2 is also great. Unlockable content via 'achievements' and save states are a pleasant surprise. Capcom Collection Vol.1 and another B-Movie style game (Demolition Girl) are in the post. :D

your collection is cool and all, but why Auto Modallista? that game was the worse racer i have ever played in my entire life......it's a complete disaster, i honestly would take it even if they paid me for it. But If you enjoy it, then good for you and congrats!

xenix

Pizza Luigi said:
Where do you buy your Blu-Rays man. I bought Sleeping Beauty at the FreeRecordStore for 30 euros!

Sleeping Beauty I bought in Media Markt & so are the games. The Matrix BDs, I bought it online. It was very cheap (19.99 euro's a pop) & you get a 4th movie for free :D

zombieshavebrains said:
Isn't that an IKEA Jerk or something?

Yes! It's a jerker, and it's fan-freakin'tastic! I got it used, 'cause it's no longer in production. Plus it was dirt cheap too! Deal of the year for me so far; the desk is that good! I plan on getting a second 24" monitor soon to mount on this beast.:D

Yes Boss!

ThePeacemaker02 said:
I think so, I hope more companies do it.

I believe the upcoming Criterion Blu-ray discs will be all cardboard (like their current two-disc digipak sets) with just a simple Blu-ray sticker on the outside.

Gagaman

marwan said:
your collection is cool and all, but why Auto Modallista? that game was the worse racer i have ever played in my entire life......it's a complete disaster, i honestly would take it even if they paid me for it. But If you enjoy it, then good for you and congrats!
It was dirt cheap, and I didn't really know anything about it other than the cel shading style is has. The game seems to pause up every so often on my PS3 though. From what I played so far it seems pretty bare bones and nothing too exciting, but it's not a big deal..I can always resell it if it bores me.

LRB1983

Banned
Hazaro said:
Wow.

What are those?
The black thing behind blue cup is My Book Essential 1TB hard drive, and PC it's Sony Vaio VGCLT2S.ES2. It isn't a super PC but I love its design. Old model (SONY VAIO VGC-LS31N) it's more beautiful imo.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
LRB1983 said:
The black thing behind blue cup is My Book Essential 1TB hard drive, and PC it's Sony Vaio VGCLT2S.ES2. It isn't a super PC but I love its design. Old model (SONY VAIO VGC-LS31N) it's more beautiful imo.

Yeah, looks really slick.

Jason

octpickup11.jpg

Was hoping to pickup my littlebigplanet preorder but they didn't get any in yet so I went to another store and grabbed this as a consolation prize. :D :D

dbprig.jpg

Fable II is awesome
The Beatles are awesome but their CDs stupidly expensive to get new
O Brother... was an impulse cheap buy - good tunes on there though
Didn't like Jimi as much as I thought I would.

jaydogg691

Jason said:
octpickup11.jpg

Was hoping to pickup my littlebigplanet preorder but they didn't get any in yet so I went to another store and grabbed this as a consolation prize. :D :D
Wow, just when I though the "Only on PlayStation" couldn't get any worse.

Anyways, nice pick-up. Can't wait to get my copy.

CTLance

2hycaj5.jpg

My copy of Castlevania OoE finally arrived.... YAY! It's not that hard, at least judging by the few levels I've played. I have a feeling I may soon be complaining about the difficulty though.

Anyway, I also got a cheap dealio on Söldner X (limited edition) and my copy of Heavenly Guardian, that Pocky&Rocky sequel that was not to be, just touched down as well. Both utterly mediocre, but hey, cheap games. Yay.

Furthermore, muhzak:
One Peter Gabriel CD (So) and one Genesis CD set (the platinum collection) arrived at my doorsteps. Nostalgia... "Sledgehammer" and "In your Eyes" alone made it totally worth it. How time flies... I remember listening to that stuff as a kid. Le sigh. *strokes beard*

Last, but not least: Movies.
Thank you for smoking (DVD). Awe-fucking-some movie. <3
300 (DVD). Same. So manly. I feel my chesthair grow just by mentioning its name.
Tron: 20th Anniversary Collector's Edition (DVD). Oh the memories. Also, I'm tempted to actually install Tron2.0 from disk on my Win2k rig. Fuck DRM. I wish GOG somehow snapped that one up.

I bought Casshern: Special Edition (DVD) - 5 Eurobucks was way too much for this... oh god. My eyes! My brain! My everything! Will keep for lulz though.

30blpwp.jpg

The other two games are from this month, but I think I may already have posted them. Dunno. Can't hurt to have them on here though. Dokapon is surprisingly awesome, albeit the computer cheats like a motherf*cker. Blastworks is quite nice too, although it feels lacking somehow. The online component is putting all other 3rd party Wii games to shame though. Really inspiring stuff.

This one was more of a purchase out of curiosity (and because I got it for a pittance):
nov6sz.jpg

Mediocre, but not bad IMHO. Jets'n'Guns lite lite without the awersometastic OST.

...have I mentioned that I love imports? Only "Thank you for smoking" was bought here in Germany, everything else is coming from England, America, Hongkong, ... what a convenient world we live in. :D

Digital purchases:
2ykxno0.png

I always remembered this by the Tower vs Pawn fight I watched back in the DOS days. Now I finally own the game. Took me long enough. GOG, I luvs ya.

ak7m07.png

I couldn't resist. 5 bucks per game, for that I'm willing to throw away my principles and run DRMware.

Also, obligatory purchase of the month
2djnfyu.png

World of Goo is awesome. Bought it at the 2dboy site.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Oh, it's not that emo... ;) is it?

I'm just mad at my daughter's mom, cuz she is such an idiot. thats all!

hope i get my play-asia package in the mail tomorrow! !!!!

LiK

MarkMan said:
Oh, it's not that emo... ;) is it?

I'm just mad at my daughter's mom, cuz she is such an idiot. thats all!

hope i get my play-asia package in the mail tomorrow! !!!!

hehe, "daughter's mom". wonder who that is? ;)

btw, i await the Nov thread so i can post there this weekend.

mollipen

Yes Boss! said:
I believe the upcoming Criterion Blu-ray discs will be all cardboard (like their current two-disc digipak sets) with just a simple Blu-ray sticker on the outside.

So, basically, I won't be buying Cirterion Blu-ray releases I guess.

FUCK I hate this non-standard packaging BS. If you want to screw up things like special editions or limited releases with moronic packaging (tin cases, book that's really a case, whatever other stupid marketing gimmick they can think of), that's fine, but if people who actually like to have their collections look uniform and like one product line, screw them.

kuYuri

Ok, I'm back bitches.

DSC05806.jpg

Phantom Dust and BiA were from Goozex. The rest from a gaffer. Only $80!

DSC05805.jpg

PS Eye was $25 from Amazon. Ignore Haze price tag, it was $10 new at Best Buy with Gamer Club stuff. I couldn't have asked for a better price. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom