• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
goMaki said:
DSCN0226.jpg

Oh look a brand new Xbox 360 Elite to replace the dying one. (Now if only I had a HDD transfer kit)

What kind of faceplate is that on the left?

And I sincerely hope you didn't pay the stickered price on the two DS import games on the far right, they've both been released in english in the US and are much, much cheaper.

Rolf NB

Bioshock. Weird hologrammy outer sleeve got my camera all confused.
I also finally picked up Super Stardust HD (awesome) and Dark Mist (meh!) this month, as you may see on the pic that shows Linger In Shadows. I got Wipeout HD and Megaman 9 straight away in September, I just neglected to post them then.

11vgufo.jpg
afimh0.jpg

goMaki

Hive said:
goMaki, can you describe the DS imports (first DS imports pic), please?

That donut one (bottom middle), Hello Kitty, and the bottom right one I don't recognize~

Hello Kitty one: DS-PICO Series: SANRIO no Party he Ikou! ( Official Site: http://www.compileheart.com/sanrio_party/ )
Donuts one: Kururin Donuts: Okashi na Recipe ( Official Site: http://www.gae.co.jp/game/kururin/index.html )
Bottom right one: Houkago no Mystery Club: 26 no Tobira ( Official Site: http://www.icholon.co.jp/ds/houkago/ )

I haven't opened the Donuts or the Hello Kitty one, but I believe the Donuts one is some kind of adventure game and the Hello Kitty one is some variety game about cooking and shopping or something, IDK. lol 26 Doors is a mini-game amalgamation. There are 26 doors you need to pass to escape or the like. It's fun. Too short, though. It only lasted around 20 minutes or so for me. Reminds me of Wario Ware. I included the links for the official sites, since maybe pictures are better than my description. ^^;

Hero said:
Where did you get those Domokun pillow cases? I must have a set.

Pillowcases were found in the homewares section of Target, along with a lot of other Halloween-themed pillowcases and accessories. Nowhere near where they should have been.

rainking187 said:
What kind of faceplate is that on the left?

And I sincerely hope you didn't pay the stickered price on the two DS import games on the far right, they've both been released in english in the US and are much, much cheaper.

I believe that's the Carbon faceplate. It came with the package deal we got from Dell.

Nah, I didn't pay full price. My local User's Side was going out of business and all import games were around 40% off. Boyfriend thought KuruKuru Chameleon was like something else, so I bought it for him.

Hope that's everyone! And hope it helped.

*Roxy*

Dirtdog07

Neo Member

Quality is ok for what it is. The compass works and you can move the knobs but they don't do anything. The clock buttons light up red and the it actually folds open incase you ever decide to wear it around.

Awesome Poster that came with the strat guide.
DSC00820.jpg

Probably the most amazing game ever, and the said guide. Guide is pretty awesome, I havnt looked at the story mode stuff cause I got it for the create section(not that I wont eventually look at the story part to get every piece of the game), its a hefty 300 pages, and has some stuff with the developers in the back.
DSC00817.jpg

And I picked up that super Xbox Live bundle which I highly recommend that comes with a year of live, headset, chatpad, and PGR4. $69 dollars.
DSC00819.jpg

zmet

DJmizuhara said:
I just picked up these little beauties today :D
90vgbm.jpg
OMFG!!! How TFVI6 man? I should have my copy around Friday.

oct10.jpg

oct9.jpg

Mystery Science Theater 3000: 20th Anniversary Edition - DVD
Fight! Iczer One - DVD

Azzurri

Don't have it yet, but I did order the Valencia away jersey long-sleeve 2008/09. I'll put some pics later next week when it gets here.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Mecha_Infantry said:
Sorry for the shit mobile phone pics

dsc00079_2_150.jpg

dsc00080.000856.jpg

Holy shit, NICE pickup! Impressions please, when you have time!? Also how much did it run you? I've been wanting one of those forever now!

october08g.jpg

Can't play SO yet, my PSP was uncharged for weeks (couldnt find the damn charger) so it's charging now, but the game requires a 4.05 update, and my PSP is still on 3.95 or so, and I can't install the latest update until the battery is full... what percentage does it need to be? This is annoying!

LiK

Android18a said:
http://www.silentdream.co.uk/october08g.jpg

Can't play SO yet, my PSP was uncharged for weeks (couldnt find the damn charger) so it's charging now, but the game requires a 4.05 update, and my PSP is still on 3.95 or so, and I can't install the latest update until the battery is full... what percentage does it need to be? This is annoying![/QUOTE]

Sony says it needs to be fully charged or else it won't do the update at all. and yes, i haven't updated my PSP in ages so i can't wait to join in the Sony-PSP-firmware-updating party...

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I'm nearly positive it only has to be at 75%, give or take.

kiun

InfectedZero said:
And I picked up that super Xbox Live bundle which I highly recommend that comes with a year of live, headset, chatpad, and PGR4. $69 dollars.
DSC00819.jpg

So the PGR4 game included in this bundle actually comes in a case ?
I assume the case has a "not sold separately" tag as well ?

suikodan

kiun said:
So the PGR4 game included in this bundle actually comes in a case ?
I assume the case has a "not sold separately" tag as well ?

Funny but mine doesn't although I know I'd get 2$ in credit for it...

Azzurri

MarkMan said:
Holy shit, NICE pickup! Impressions please, when you have time!? Also how much did it run you? I've been wanting one of those forever now!

That.

I'm really fed up with my crap 3g iPhone, and would really love to see impressions of this phone.

marwan

Banned
Mecha_Infantry said:
Sorry for the shit mobile phone pics

dsc00079_2_150.jpg

dsc00080.000856.jpg

nice, congrats man, even though im no Windows Mobile fan, the Xperia look great with the new WM UI. I might be very tempted to get it if they worked out some of WM annoyances, since i went through 3 WM phones and sold them within a week.

i take it you're not in the U.S? since it only recently came out in the middle east/europe/asia.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
InfectedZero said:
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/InfectedZero/DSC00819.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Chatpad is probably the best accessory I have ever brought.

[QUOTE=MarkMan]Holy shit, NICE pickup! Impressions please, when you have time!? Also how much did it run you? I've been wanting one of those forever now![/QUOTE]
It's Windows Mobile, AKA, insta-fail.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I've heard mostly positive things about the new WM UI on the X1 and HTC Touch Diamond... is it really that bad? I never filed it off as insta-fail!

MarkMan said:

NinjaFridge said:
Mini-review please?

The phone is fucking amazing! Seriously it's one of the most sexy phones I've used in the past 5 years. WinMo is a little buggy when you first run it but now that I have customised it it runs like a peach. The X Panel is GOOD but I need more time to fully understand everything on this phone

The slider system is <3, the keypad is solid and responsive btu I would have LOVED a full row of numbers instead of the function + number. The side has the lil status lights which I do not understand at all.

I think they forgot to give me the manual in the box as I don't understand 70% of the shit on the phone as there is so much. But I think that's more of WinMo which I haven't used before.

Umm, not much more to say. The screen display is STUNNING, really stunning especially when watching video! I LOVE HTC for the design and execution of the phone as it is PERFECT (except the bezel on the screen makes it kinda hard to use ur finger for the top corner icons)

If you wanna know more gimmie a shout..Still looking for help with WinMo but it seems pretty straightforward

*edit, no MP3 as message tone, AFAIK
It cost me £29.99 on a 18 month contract with O2 (600 free minutes and unlimited txting)

Coming from the P1i (I've only really had 2 phones in 10 or so years that weren't SE) WinMo is intense and deep. I heard the negatives about it, but I generally do love Windows O/S's

On the phone I think it has appeal to the business audience, but I am not a business man, but a SE fan, so I HAD to get the phone (had all the P range too). WinMo is cool, not seeing why it's been so negative as it runs like a monkey on grease skates after you custom it.

I wish I didn't get it now, as I don't think I ever want to scratch it or anything! Fuck me I love it :D

Oh, I am in England. The phone is not on major release jsut yet, one store has it, but online is the way forward

I doubt USA will get it in '08

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Mecha_Infantry said:
The phone is fucking amazing! Seriously it's one of the most sexy phones I've used in the past 5 years. WinMo is a little buggy when you first run it but now that I have customised it it runs like a peach. The X Panel is GOOD but I need more time to fully understand everything on this phone

The slider system is <3, the keypad is solid and responsive btu I would have LOVED a full row of numbers instead of the function + number. The side has the lil status lights which I do not understand at all.

I think they forgot to give me the manual in the box as I don't understand 70% of the shit on the phone as there is so much. But I think that's more of WinMo which I haven't used before.

Umm, not much more to say. The screen display is STUNNING, really stunning especially when watching video! I LOVE HTC for the design and execution of the phone as it is PERFECT (except the bezel on the screen makes it kinda hard to use ur finger for the top corner icons)

If you wanna know more gimmie a shout..Still looking for help with WinMo but it seems pretty straightforward

*edit, no MP3 as message tone, AFAIK
It cost me £29.99 on a 18 month contract with O2 (600 free minutes and unlimited txting)

Thanks! I'll let you have some more time with it before i think about asking for more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom