• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

Yeah I've been looking forward to BTS for a while now. It was sad to hear about Francis and obviously, his health is far more important than making a game. I didn't know you had found a new developer so that's good news. Hopefully it all goes well in February and Francis gets back to full health.

We desperately hope the answer to this question is 'this year.' We have had an American Football game in development for quite some time but the programming lead has had some serious personal health issues. However, we are rebooting the game's build in February with a new developer and are extremely hopeful that the game is back on track.

More on that here from our CEO.

We're a very small company with extremely limited resources, so setbacks like that can be more difficult to deal with than it is for the big guys.

Thanks for being a fan! It means everything to us.

Oh wow I'm so sorry about the lead's health issues! That's terrible. Is there any way us fans can help?

We desperately hope the answer to this question is 'this year.' We have had an American Football game in development for quite some time but the programming lead has had some serious personal health issues. However, we are rebooting the game's build in February with a new developer and are extremely hopeful that the game is back on track.

More on that here from our CEO.

We're a very small company with extremely limited resources, so setbacks like that can be more difficult to deal with than it is for the big guys.

Thanks for being a fan! It means everything to us.

As a programmer at a small startup I completely understand the feeling and I have nothing but well wishes for him and you guys. OOTP has almost caught up to DotA2 in terms of horus its been open on my Steam account and I've had DotA2 for 5 years.

I votef for the HoF and I took the survey.

As a programmer at a small startup I completely understand the feeling and I have nothing but well wishes for him and you guys. OOTP has almost caught up to DotA2 in terms of horus its been open on my Steam account and I've had DotA2 for 5 years.

I votef for the HoF and I took the survey.

Thank you so much! We really appreciate that.

Been out of town for a couple days, glad I got some of my targets. Spent a lot on Jace Peterson, but he's young, my scout loves him, and he'll be my starting 2B and leadoff hitter. Filled out my bullpen and picked up a couple swing guys that could start if I have injuries or my young guys are ineffective. Think I'm all set on pitching.

Looking for a left handed impact bat. Defense doesn't matter, since I can DH him. LF would be a plus. Also might consider a catcher if anyone has one available. Just PM me if you have something available and like any of my prospects.

eznark

Banned
Been out of town for a couple days, glad I got some of my targets. Spent a lot on Jace Peterson, but he's young, my scout loves him, and he'll be my starting 2B and leadoff hitter. Filled out my bullpen and picked up a couple swing guys that could start if I have injuries or my young guys are ineffective. Think I'm all set on pitching.

Looking for a left handed impact bat. Defense doesn't matter, since I can DH him. LF would be a plus. Also might consider a catcher if anyone has one available. Just PM me if you have something available and like any of my prospects.

Braun can learn to bat lefty

Hey guys - Rich here from OOTP. Just wanted to pop in and say thank you for being such great supporters of our game. We all really appreciate it.

Nice to hear from the devs. I absolutely love your game, but I think there are numerous areas that can be improved upon. (I guess I should take the survey.) Issues aside, I adore this game. I grew up playing strat, and as much as I love strat, OOTP takes it to another level for me. (In many areas) Keep up the good work!

Edit: Took the survey, but wasn't as in-depth as I was expecting. I realize you guys are looking for focused and limited input, however.

Nice to hear from the devs. I absolutely love your game, but I think there are numerous areas that can be improved upon. (I guess I should take the survey.) Issues aside, I adore this game. I grew up playing strat, and as much as I love strat, OOTP takes it to another level for me. (In many areas) Keep up the good work!

Edit: Took the survey, but wasn't as in-depth as I was expecting. I realize you guys are looking for focused and limited input, however.

Thank you!

Couple things:

1) If you have specific feedback, we want to hear it. You can hit me up at rich@ootpdevelopments.com, and (an even better person to chat with) tj@ootpdevelopments.com - that's our baseball Community Manager. This game has a lot of things it can do in the future, and we're interested in what you have to say about it.

Hopefully, OOTP 17 addresses some of those right away!

2) We will be having a very specific OOTP baseball survey after the launch of OOTP 17, which will be focused exclusively on the PC baseball game. We'll also have ones for the mobile baseball game and the hockey game.

Thanks for all your work Rich. Really enjoy this game. Just wondered if you might know, but...does Jeffery Loria ever stop owning the Marlins in OOTP? In your next game can you guys program it so that he stops owning the team ASAP?

We are in the year 2019 in this league and his cheap ass is still lording over my organization :(

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Thanks for all your work Rich. Really enjoy this game. Just wondered if you might know, but...does Jeffery Loria ever stop owning the Marlins in OOTP? In your next game can you guys program it so that he stops owning the team ASAP?

We are in the year 2019 in this league and his cheap ass is still lording over my organization :(

ph33nix pls

You can't kill what's already dead. ;)

Brent, I lied to you. Would you mind throwing Brett Lawrie in the trade machine and see what comes out?

If any hyumahns are interested, Lawrie is rated 75 OVR, 70 at 3B, Over the last 4 years his WAR hasn't dropped below 4.7 and he's under contract through 2021 at about $14m per.

Thank you!

Couple things:

1) If you have specific feedback, we want to hear it. You can hit me up at rich@ootpdevelopments.com, and (an even better person to chat with) tj@ootpdevelopments.com - that's our baseball Community Manager. This game has a lot of things it can do in the future, and we're interested in what you have to say about it.

Hopefully, OOTP 17 addresses some of those right away!

2) We will be having a very specific OOTP baseball survey after the launch of OOTP 17, which will be focused exclusively on the PC baseball game. We'll also have ones for the mobile baseball game and the hockey game.

Great, thanks for the info. I'd love to share some of my thoughts.

brentech

Doing a 15 day sim today and tomorrow to get us into Spring Training. Normal 7 day sims with shorter windows for key dates from there on out.

Seattle sends
LF Griefer Andrade Clinton LumberKings (A)

Arizona sends
CF AJ Pollock ML

I believe in the free market and the principles of the salary dump.

I believe in the freedom of anyone to do any trade.

I believe that having a guy by the name of Greifer is something to be celebrated.

But holy cow... a 22 year old guy that can't hit over .222 in A ball? I see the pop, but... uhhhh... hmmm.

Congrats to Seattle, I guess?

Rommel

I believe in the free market and the principles of the salary dump.

I believe in the freedom of anyone to do any trade.

I believe that having a guy by the name of Greifer is something to be celebrated.

But holy cow... a 22 year old guy that can't hit over .222 in A ball? I see the pop, but... uhhhh... hmmm.

Congrats to Seattle, I guess?

My scout liked him and I had put Pollock on the market for 2 years with no real takers. Since I already had another Pollock clone in AAA it was time to move on :)

Speaking of too many OFers, I have a logjam, so Telvin Nash and Derek Fisher are on the block. And for people planning stuff, Springer will likely have to go before his contract is up. If I fall out of contention again, he's totally up for grabs this season.

brentech

Brent, would you mind throwing Lawrie up for trade to the CPU?
No results. Indians are interested. Contract is essentially still 4 years. Brings him to 33. Not sure if you're looking for an immediate player or youth, but take a look and let me know.
Seattle sends
LF Griefer Andrade Clinton LumberKings (A)

Arizona sends
CF AJ Pollock ML

Trade going through. 15 day sim is processing. Puts on right on 'Spring Training Begins'.

Oh nice, Souza finally signed. Looks like I won't be relying on A ball kids and waiver wire scrubs for my outfield depth this season, feels pretty good.

Souza/Pollock/Jackson is gonna be death to flying things.

Alright so here's the deal regarding Ozuna and Yelich for now, after I've taken some time (too much time ) to think---

I am going to keep them both for now. What I'm hoping is that they both become the second coming of Barry Bonds because they're in a contract year. But if I'm out of contention they're both definitely on the way out.

I don't blame you ph33nix. I wouldn't have let him go either, unless the numbers just couldn't work in terms of fielding a complete team around him.

brentech

At the start of the 2019 league year, it looks like we have 16 active to semi-active GMs. I can only assume Boston is no longer getting updates. I know sanjuro was few and far between before, but it seems like he may no longer be checking at all.

So, per usual with start of the league year, the current GMs are (let me know if I have one wrong). I try to keep this info up to date on the website in case you've never seen it there: http://gobl.obleague.com/team-gms/
Team GMs

AL East

Yankees – **OPEN**
Orioles – Dr_LawyerCop
Blue Jays – **OPEN**
Red Sox – Sanjuro **POSSIBLY OPEN**
Rays – darkside31337

AL Central

Tigers – Got the Shakes
White Sox – **OPEN**
Twins – synchronicity
Royals – **OPEN**
Indians – brentech

AL West

A’s – CosmicQueso
Angels – DUFFMCWALIN
Rangers – **OPEN**
Mariners – Purple Cheeto
Astros – acheron_xl

NL East

Mets – Dmncnby2k9
Braves – CrimsonCommie
Marlins – ph33nix
Nationals – **OPEN**
Phillies – **OPEN**

NL Central

Cubs – **OPEN**
Reds – **OPEN**
Cards – Shalashaska
Brewers – eznark
Pirates – **OPEN**

NL West

Giants – XiaNaphryz
Dodgers – **OPEN**
Rockies – **OPEN**
Padres – **OPEN**
D’Backs – Rommel

7 day sim which kicks off Spring Training is in action!

EDIT:
This is fucking golden! Of allll the guys that could decide to play some football....Andrew, no.
GlX4X9N.png

brentech

7 day sim is up for the taking.
Puig has some torn ankle ligaments (making a defensive play). 4 week recovery seems quick, me thinks.

Top Bottom