• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

brentech

7 Day sim is available.
Tomorrow, I am going to sim through arbitration day so that can all be done with.

***If you have not set your arbitration money or want to revoke an offer to someone, this is your last chance!***

Losing a guy you're trying to hire because he went from 'I prefer your offer!' to 'I got a better offer.' to 'I went to another team!' two sims in a row really hurts. Guess the next time there's an 'outstanding' or 'excellent' rated coach I want to hire, I should just double his asking price - just to be safe.

Freddie Freeman is available and pretty much everybody not on my pitching staff. But I could possibly trade one of my pitchers for the right offer probably not Miller or Allarf though.

Have the awards happened yet? I want to know if Miller got robbed of the Cy Young again. Should be his 3rd straight but somehow he didn't win when he led the whole league in wins, strikeouts, era, war, and every other pitching stat last season.

Freddie Freeman is available and pretty much everybody not on my pitching staff. But I could possibly trade one of my pitchers for the right offer probably not Miller or Allarf though.

Have the awards happened yet? I want to know if Miller got robbed of the Cy Young again. Should be his 3rd straight but somehow he didn't win when he led the whole league in wins, strikeouts, era, war, and every other pitching stat last season.
Cr0QKrR.png

Chase DeJong lost the AL Cy Young to a fucking relief pitcher? BULLSHIT!

How did Ketel Marte win AL Rookie of the Year, didn't he have too much playing time?

brentech

Sim is uploading. Goes through salary arb. You will be able to see your new available money and the outcomes. Get ready for free agency.

brentech

Hi Brent... could you do me a solid and offer up SS Marcus Semien to the CPU? Hoping for some minor league or OF something. Thanks!
I'm not sure that they ever reply with a minor league. They also will only offer 1 for 1, which really sucks about the system.
I'll try when in the game again.

brentech

I'm going to run a quick 2 day sim that will take us to the opening of FA. There is nothing between now and then (and frankly, if you haven't resigned anyone by the day of filings, you have bigger problems).

******So that opens free agency, AND, you guys need to put together your Rule 5 list now. Only 4 days between FA filings and Rule 5 draft. So that's most likely to occur tomorrow unless there are a lot of teams that haven't updated between today and tomorrow's normal 4pm sim.******

Get ready for some off season fireworks!

I'm not sure that they ever reply with a minor league. They also will only offer 1 for 1, which really sucks about the system.
I'll try when in the game again.

Well I have to move Semien due to position so I'll just have to take whatever the cup wants to give unless a human wants to talk turkey. Thanks again!

eznark

Banned
Jeffress is available if you want a cheapish back end of the bullpen guy for a push. He is a FA at the end of the season, wants like $6m a year for an extension.

I dipped my toe into free agency, but I tried offering some scrubs a contract and they weren't even willing to listen to offers.

I'm the real Brewers!

Sean Doolittle on the block. $6m/yr, signed through 2020, 1.37 ERA, 0.8 WHIP, Over last 3 seasons 481 Ks in 362 IP, 109 saves.

Would prefer two prospects with average POT of 60.

Brent, last time I'll ask this offseason, promise, but would you mind throwing Doolittle in the CPU trade magic box?

brentech

I can only do 3 of those trade requests per sim, so it'll happen later today or tomorrow.
I'd like to take WAS up on the offer for SP Blake Treinen.

OAK sends SS Marcus Semien to WAS for SP Blake Treinen, if no one objects.

Thanks!

I still haven't looked myself to get an idea on contracts and fairness, but anyone else have any qualms with this?

brentech

Okay. Up to the day of the Rule 5. Lists can start being made. Tomorrow around 4 or 5 the draft will be run.
I'll have to run that trade after the draft. There is no interest in Adams or Doolittle.

Top Bottom