• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

G-Fex

What the hell, I might just pre-order it today.

Going to try simulating a modern season ( I only mostly do very old like early 20th century seasons) on OOTP 15

kasane

Can i claim the reds? Whens starting.

Figured if im gonna start to get addicted to spreadsheets its more fun online

If I counted right, at this point we have one last spot unclaimed. I'm still having trouble trying to wade through all these menus. THERE'S SO MUCH SHIT. fuckin awesome.

eznark

Banned
That's really the entire game, just learn where shit is, after that it's all about how much you know about baseball and managing finances.

This is my first OOTP, I've been tempted in years past, but never bit. I've always been a strat-o-matic player. I'm having a great time familiarizing myself with everything though. It's definitely more presentation-friendly than strat ever dreamed of being, lol. :p

eznark

Banned
This is my first OOTP, I've been tempted in years past, but never bit. I've always been a strat-o-matic player. I'm having a great time familiarizing myself with everything though. It's definitely more presentation-friendly than strat ever dreamed of being, lol. :p

Last couple years have been a huge, huge leap in terms of UI

Sanjuro

Is there any downside to getting the Steam version? I usually don't pre-order digital games and whatnot?

It says it's available in 22 hours. I figure I just buy it then.

KaYotiX

Banned
Is there any downside to getting the Steam version? I usually don't pre-order digital games and whatnot?

It says it's available in 22 hours. I figure I just buy it then.

that's what I am going to do. Ill be out of town due to work for a few days so I wont get to play until Tues night

brentech

Got my steam code and the game installed. Will be testing out the server stuff over the next bunch of days until league is ready to launch around opening day as eznark stated in the OP.
We should be ready to go!

It's out on Steam.

Canadian Price on Steam vs. on the official OOTP website is ridiculously better.

It was $55.85 on OOTP website and it's $39.59 on Canadian Steam.

Glad I held off.

And bought. I fear I am in for a world of hurt but the MLB license has made me excited about OOTP once again.

So I might stream some tomorrow, who knows. If it indeed releases at around noon.

I may stream Excel tomorrow.

bad joke[\spoiler]

Bacon

I'm excited by all the interest on here for this game. Should be fun getting my ass handed to me as I know very little about baseball but I enjoy the management aspect of games like nba 2k and madden more than the actual gameplay usually.

Also OOTP is 35.00 USD on steam until the 30th so hop on that soon guys!

The guy with .3 hours of playtime says it's good, you couldn't ask for a more solid rec!

Ocb5dXH.png

Ferny

I'm excited by all the interest on here for this game. Should be fun getting my ass handed to me as I know very little about baseball but I enjoy the management aspect of games like nba 2k and madden more than the actual gameplay usually.

Also OOTP is 35.00 USD on steam until the 30th so hop on that soon guys!

The guy with .3 hours of playtime says it's good, you couldn't ask for a more solid rec!

To be fair, he could have been playing since Friday

I know you're joking :p

Beckx

Pre-order patch info.

I need to try out the new Find a Player function tonight and see how that works. Spent most of my team this weekend customizing my Japanese league sim with official logos and uniforms for all the leagues, photos for some of the players, and getting the Tigers rotation to match the real one.

Shiv47

Downloaded the game and decided to run a sim of the 1985 season; the Blue Jays won 100 games, and finished 16 behind the Yankees, who won 117, led by 50 HR/188 RBI man Don Mattingly. The Yankees then lost the LCS in 5 to the 85 win Royals. I laughed.

Beckx

Downloaded the game and decided to run a sim of the 1985 season; the Blue Jays won 100 games, and finished 16 behind the Yankees, who won 117, led by 50 HR/188 RBI man Don Mattingly. The Yankees then lost the LCS in 5 to the 85 win Royals. I laughed.

Mattingly's back went out, presumably.

eznark

Banned
I always play in a window.

the real advantage comes in having the game on an SSD! No game has ever benefited more.

Bacon

Wait really? I'll install this to my SSD if you guys aren't kidding. Never expected a game based around statistics to perform better on an SSD but I guess it makes some amount of sense when I think about it.

Superior Mac gaming.

Haha. About all my Mac gets used for when it comes to gaming is this and Football Manager. Oh, and maybe some Civ every once in awhile.

Wait really? I'll install this to my SSD if you guys aren't kidding. Never expected a game based around statistics to perform better on an SSD but I guess it makes some amount of sense when I think about it.

Well, in my case my MacBook is like 4 or 5 years newer than my old Windows laptop and there are other differences like a quad core vs dual core and my Mac has more RAM, so I don't think the SSD is the only thing in play for me.

eznark

Banned

Yeah, no joke at all. This game is all about the loading times to boot the save file. Can take forever.

Looks like I have some downloading and catching up to do when I get home. I played quite a bit of 2011, a very tiny bit (like two hours) of 2014 and nothing since.

Can't wait to get home and try it on my 21:9 :) Which one do you have? I have an LG 34' 1440P

Probably the same. LG 34UM95. Some screens are better at making use of it than others. The manager's office screen is just nuts, but the player lists could be denser. You could definitely fit more categories in there.

ootpuws_zpsxsthqgy0.jpg

Rommel

Probably the same. LG 34UM95. Some screens are better at making use of it than others. The manager's office screen is just nuts, but the player lists could be denser. You could definitely fit more categories in there.

ootpuws_zpsxsthqgy0.jpg

I have the same one. Can't wait to tinker with it. I wish I could take it to work with me :( Going from that to a 24' screen kills me a little each day.

G-Fex

Started a season man the screens look great, it's the official teams that adds that charm.

Can't wait to get in the game

Starting a game and already losing the first two innings to the Giants, Smh

Ferny

The Yankees welcome a new GM to their storied franchise. A relative unknown of the system. Grew up under the tutelage of GM Jimmy Jack Jericho, the best GM west of the Mississippi. People call him Ferny and here he is with a breaking interview just moments after finding out he got the job against arch rival, BigAT.

Reporter: So Ferny, how do you feel after finding out the news that you are taking over the GM duties from Cashman?

Ferny: Well, it feels great you know. I feel like I have the tools to bring another championship to New York. Let's face it, the Mets ain't shit.

Reporter: I see. The back pages should eat that quote right up.

Ferny: I learned from my boy Smokey, who is the best 2k player in the Houston area by the way, that sometimes you just gotta eat. That's what the Yankees will do this season. We will eat.

Reporter: Anything else you'll like to tell the rest of the GMs of the GOBL (or whatever our name is)

Ferny: May the best excel sheet manager win!

eznark

Banned
We are simming all the games, your role is as GM mostly, and you set the lineups/depth charts etc. Games are all simmed.

Top Bottom