• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Pokemon Tournament #2

Firestorm

Sorry guys, I basically had to pick winners again for matches that didn't finish. This seems to be dragging on a bit. Hopefully no one has any issues with what happened. I'll post the brackets up in a few minutes. Just lemme finish 'em.

Firestorm

Round 3 Winner's Bracket
Deadline: Monday October 7th, 2007

Division 1
temjin
Kreed

Division 2
EBCubs03
Jiggy37

Loser's Bracket
Division 1
jsrv
LRS

yeb
Firestorm

Division 2
TJ Spyke
Xisiqolemir

WolfofMebu
Giard

Kreed

temjin said:
:lol I was hoping it would pay off. Yay.

Good game, but you have waaaaaaaay too many slow Pokemon, dude.

Yeah, I had a strategy for that, but it didn't work this time.

temjin

Banned
Awww, I guess the tournament isn't going to carry on... It's dead :lol

It sucks too, because I don't get a lot of free time these days so this is something I look forward to doing in what little spare time I have.

Damn :(

Jiggy

This thread needs to be bumped more; I keep forgetting it exists. :(
Anyway, EBCubs, I'll be around today...

Firestorm

=/ Ok I just chose winners again. More matches didn't finish than finished. I want to get this done, no matter much of a disaster it's turning out to be.

Round 4 Winner's Bracket
Deadline: Friday October 19th, 2007

temjin
Jiggy37

Loser's Bracket
Division 1
jsrv
yeb

Division 2
Xisiqolemir
WolfofMebu

temjin

Banned
Ah, cool.

Jiggy, I can play tomorro (Monday) at around anytime my time (Melb, Australia). Let me know when you're able to play so we can organise something :)

Firestorm

Kreed said:
Was I eliminated from the tournament? I thought I was sent to the loser's bracket?

You're on next round. So is EBCubs03.

PS: Everyone also PM your opponent. Don't just post here. Do both so that I know you're here and so your opponent gets word from you.

Jiggy

I didn't even realize this thing was still going until I got temjin's PM. :eek:

If anything, EBCubs should have had the win... I'm down against him 2-1, historically. Then again, I see he hasn't been around on GAF lately, so not sure what's up.
Well, whatever the case--if the decision isn't changed, then temjin, I'll be open after about... 1:00 PM tomorrow, which is 18 hours from this post. I should be open for the next 11 hours or so from that point on.

Jiggy

Hate to double-post, but...
temjin, clear out your PMs. >_> I should be around for the next nine hours after this post...

Jiggy

Good match. :D Your lineup made it impossible for me to switch most of the time, which is always a cool experience since usually my game is pretty switch-heavy. Sticking in and gutting it out for once... Good stuff.

Firestorm

I have no idea what happened to jsrv, Xisi, or yeb. So WolfofMebu just play temjin. Winner play Jiggy. Get htis thing over with.

Firestorm

oh dammit. Sorry WolfofMebu, play Kreed first.

jsrv, if you see this PM EBCubs03 but I'm pretty sure both of you are inactive.

Jiggy

We're falling apart to epic degrees here. >_>

But I'm not entirely surprised. I don't know if others experience what I call The Pokemon Effect, but I always go through this cycle:

-New Pokemon game comes out
-Play at an insane pace for 5-6 months, accumulating 250+ hours minimum
-Interest suddenly drops to nil
-Stop playing for about a year
-Return for 2-3 months
-Interest drops to nil
-Stop playing for about a year
-Return for 5-6 months

Of course, remakes/third versions usually help push this process along...

Top Bottom