• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Pokemon Tournament #2

yeb

Argh, connection error with Kreed. I'm going to give him the win though, he had a big advantage.

Kreed vs yeb
Winner: Kreed

GG man, I'm lucky I lasted as long as I did.

Kreed

yeb said:
Argh, connection error with Kreed. I'm going to give him the win though, he had a big advantage.

Kreed vs yeb
Winner: Kreed

GG man, I'm lucky I lasted as long as I did.

Kreed (W) vs Yeb (L), GG Yeb. I'm REALLY mad at that connection error though, because I wanted to battle you all the way through.

Darkpen

Banned
omg, deadline's today, and I had no freaking idea. Well, I pretty much lost, but if explodet or jsrv are online right now and would like to battle in the next hour and a half, I would be happy to comply D:

Though, since it seems like everything's been finalized, I'd like to battle someone. I finally fixed my team up, and want to try it out.

Firestorm

No you only fight the one person. jsrv and I haven't battled yet and something tells me interest in this is low. Even I'm not that interested =[

Giard

Darkpen said:
omg, deadline's today, and I had no freaking idea. Well, I pretty much lost, but if explodet or jsrv are online right now and would like to battle in the next hour and a half, I would be happy to comply D:

Though, since it seems like everything's been finalized, I'd like to battle someone. I finally fixed my team up, and want to try it out.

That's the deadline for the second round...first round is over.

If people would have been more active this would have been much more interesting sadly, but hey, gotta take what you can :D

Smogon are a too elitist bunch for me, and GameFAQs...well...they're GameFAQs. I like playing against people here, they're just in the middle

Darkpen

Banned
Giard said:
That's the deadline for the second round...first round is over.
awww....

so someone wanna battle me? Please? :( I lost out on the tourney, but I'm up for some pokeman action.

Firestorm

oh right. Darkpen sorry but the pool play is out and you've been eliminated.

Also, I made a mistake. Round 1 of bracket finishes tomorrow. Wednesday the 19th. I wrote Wednesday the 18th by mistake

Why does nintendo refuse to make a good 3d full blown online enabled pokemon rpg for their consoles?

Like do they not like money?

Do they not care about what the fans want?

Nintendo

I would piss myself if you were to make a game like this.

Come on nintendo chap chap

make it happen.

I'll buy 3 Wii's if you do so.

Just port diamond/pearl to the consoles with better online play and that's it nintendo.

You don't have to come up with 100 new pokemons.

A port is fine too.

-edit- holy shit where am I, this isn't the official pokemon thread..

Giard

Darkpen said:
sigh...

oh well, good game. I made a few silly mistakes, but eh. Good game.

Yeah, good games all around.
It seems you have been using mostly Pokémon you've caught, not pokémon you've bred (deduced this from the pokéballs you sent), am I right?

Darkpen

Banned
I only have one bred pokemon, and that's my milotic. Took, I think, a week to get its moveset.

Other pokemon are ones I got through trades that I really wanted, like my Mismagius and Gardevoir. I got Scizor from a friend, I should probably ask him to nickname it. Everything else I caught.

Giard

Darkpen said:
I only have one bred pokemon, and that's my milotic. Took, I think, a week to get its moveset.

Other pokemon are ones I got through trades that I really wanted, like my Mismagius and Gardevoir. I got Scizor from a friend, I should probably ask him to nickname it. Everything else I caught.

You don't have the patience for it? Having good IVs would give an edge to your team.

Darkpen

Banned
Giard said:
You don't have the patience for it? Having good IVs would give an edge to your team.
how do you know how good your pokemon's IVs are? D: Does breeding boost this or something?

Giard

Darkpen said:
how do you know how good your pokemon's IVs are? D: Does breeding boost this or something?

People breed to have egg moves and good IVs. IVs (individual values) are set between 0-31, and they give your pokemon +1 stat point per IV per stat at level 100.

http://www.psypokes.com/lab/dvguide.php
This is a guide to IVs (they call them DVs). The closer they are to 31, the better they are.
If you keep breeding and changing the parents for some that have better IVs, then the breeded pokemons will have better IVs, then you do it again bla bla bla...until you have one that you're satisfied with

http://www.psypokes.com/dex/dv.php
You can use this to calculate the IVs you have ATM on your pokemon. I'm guessing yours are EV trained, so you have to input the EVs also. If you don't know what the EVs are, you can't check your IVs.

A good way to check IVs after hatching your eggs, is to get in a level 100 battle. The pokemon will have no EVs and you can check the IVs directly. It's much more efficient than when you had to feed them cloned Rare Candies all the time.

This is a really condensed explanation though :lol

EBCubs03

Banned
TJ Spyke said:
I am ready whenever you are EB, just let me know and I will head to the lobby.

Alright, I'll wait in the lobby. I'll double check to see if I have you added and I'll just wait til you get on.

Firestorm

gg jsrv. I got a few criticals that you needed, sorry 'bout that. Close game though!

I'm hoping people will finish up over the next day or so. I've been really busy as well =[

temjin said:
:lol you around now?

i'm in melbourne, australia btw.

yeah, I noticed from your frostitution entry. :D I'm in pacific so we're obviously going to have some time issues. By the time I wake up it's too late for you to be online, so unless you're interested in a morning match we won't complete this fight. Although, seems like the whole tourney is frozen?

Top Bottom