• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPT. 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

WAT

*slaps Kadey with a phone book*

---

I had Dick's while in Seattle last night...

7131_126489293882_507353882_2466646_6926628_n.jpg

Visited Uncle Lee this morning... (R.I.P.!)

7131_126644013882_507353882_2468793_4163791_n.jpg

Stopped by the Hurricane Cafe one night in Seattle (open 24 hours!)...

7131_126907993882_507353882_2473663_5775064_n.jpg

Random pic with our neighbors at the show (Ubisoft and the Fragdolls)...

7131_126908098882_507353882_2473681_5056199_n.jpg

AND!

I got a new haircut...

7131_125329758882_507353882_2450565_7638912_n.jpg

Shiv47

Recent purchases...

Game purchases:
DSC03673.jpg

Beatles' Box of Vision and Snow Leopard:
DSC03675.jpg

Mysterians/Battle in Outer Space soundtrack, new Dr Who audio, All Riders vs Dai Shocker soundtrack:
DSC03674.jpg

Kamen Rider figures snagged on clearance from Hobby Link Japan:
DSC03676.jpg

MarkMan said:
WAT
I had Dick's while in Seattle last night...

Dick's is awesome late night drunk food (many a guys night of Rock Band and beer at my house includes a run to the Dick's on 45th), but you should've hit up Red Mill. Their onion rings are incredible.

Stopped by the Hurricane Cafe one night in Seattle (open 24 hours!)...

Aww man, you should've gone to the Five Point on Denny Regrade! Best 24 hour greasy spoon in the city.

Glad you had fun in my fair city, though. :D

Quake1028

Yes Boss! said:
True, in a way. Paying off each month is essential but a high balance in proportion to credit limit is one of the markers that are also looked for. For a significant portion of the month his/her ratio is in the danger zone...and it will have consequence for the rating. He/she was looking to build credit so at no point should 25-30% of the available balance be exceeded, at any time.

But the flaw in your logic is that credit cards don't report until the end of the month when they are billed.

Yes Boss!

Gloomfire said:
But the flaw in your logic is that credit cards don't report until the end of the month when they are billed.

I gave up on caring, arguing. Bottom line is he needs to watch his debt level...during the month, post billing, etc, and keep the balances at 35% or lower...particularly if he is young and establishing credit. Pull up your credit report and you will see the current balances of all your cards as of the day before.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
At school, I've been chillin' with this ghetto-ass folding chair for the last couple of weeks, and I'm sick of it. That shit sucks. I said fuck it:

img_0038.jpg

img_0041.jpg

See, you need back support in a chair when you're sitting there without plans to move for a long-ass time. I now have that!

You can also see my current (messy as hell right now) setup at school. Sorry for that mess.

Yes Boss!

Some late night love for my Wii. The amount of quality titles that get released on VC/Wiiware is staggering. Even slowly buying 3-4 a month I've already got a collection 120 strong. Great titles like Pulseman and Phantasy Star seemingly show up every month now.

Finished the Trilogy. Thanks Lucasarts!

P1020268.jpg

And Contra Rebirth. I'm one of the few who loved what Konami did with Gradius Rebirth and the second installment in the series seems just as inspired!

P1020266.jpg

ASilva

Neo Member
Recent pick-ups

Red Faction Guerrilla | Crackdown | Braid | Castle Crashers+2 DLCs | The Maw | Portal: Still Alive | Miner Dig Deep | I MAED A GAM3 W1TH ZOMBIES 1NIT!!!1

gamesir.jpg

braidf.jpg

ccrashers.jpg

maw.jpg

portalk.jpg

miner.jpg

zombiesinit.jpg

grkazan12 said:
Five Guys is amazing IMO best fast food chain burger shop on the east coast.

Fully agree, 5 Guys burgers are just better than In and Out, IMHO.

Fridays is 5 guys day at work, I look forward to it every week.

Drame

dablemont said:
Great manga pick up! I'm also collecting this series, so far it is so hilarious!! :lol

Yup, SZS is awesome!
Actually, it's my favourite manga and anime series ever.

Thank god, for Del Rey picking up the manga.
If only the anime would arrive to NA and EU. Well, a man can hope.

woodypop said:
Picked up SF20: The Art of Street Fighter at Capcom's booth at PAX on Saturday.

sf20.jpg

sf20_interior.jpg

I was surprised to find some artwork I'd never seen before. It was a kind of expensive, but worth it to have in hardcover. Pretty awesome collection of images.

Hey woodypop can you tell me where that book is printed? China I assume? Thanks!

JiliK

DSCF0713s.jpg

Some recent game pick-ups. I was pretty stoked to find a new copy of Frequency in a record shop for €9.99; I only went in for a pair of headphones. :D

DSCF0753s.jpg

CDs, €4.99 or less each.

DSCF0764s.jpg

Now that's what I call a guilty pleasure! :D Some new additions to my collection.

gogsep09.png

drop.png

Some stuff from the GOG sale and Droplitz from Steam.

DSCF0750s.jpg

Oh Wispa Gold, how I've missed you.

Yes Boss!

Got a couple more sticks. This one is very pretty. Nice artwork, nice subject, nice deep purple on the buttons and trim.

P1020270.jpg

P1020275.jpg

meppi

New arrivals from yesterday. :)

DC3.jpg

DC2.jpg

DC1.jpg

Oh and Yes Boss!, you won't regret getting Elevator Action. Such a classic.
Try to beat the game without using a continue and you'll unlock the original as well. One of my all time favourite classics! :D

I'm sure this has been asked multiple times in Pick Up Post threads but what exactly do Yes Boss and the other arcade stick collectors do with all those arcade sticks?? Every month I see 2 or 3 arcade stick purchases. Do you just collect them? What's the deal?

Yes Boss!

meppi said:
Oh and Yes Boss!, you won't regret getting Elevator Action. Such a classic.
Try to beat the game without using a continue and you'll unlock the original as well. One of my all time favourite classics! :D

Cool. Yeah, I play all my games without continuing...just a habit from the eighties. Initially I thought the game sounded like Exit and all puzzle-like but after watching vids it looks a whole lot more. Arcade fun!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Yes Boss! said:
Cool. Yeah, I play all my games without continuing...just a habit from the eighties. Initially I thought the game sounded like Exit and all puzzle-like but after watching vids it looks a whole lot more. Arcade fun!

3 things:

1) You don't need to finish the game without continues to unlock Elevator Action 1... just finish the game.

2) Elevator Action 1 really sucks.

3) Playing the game on one credit is indeed the correct method. I 1cced it on hard mode yesterday, and was satisfied. Guess I'll tackle it on Very Hard next time.

Yes Boss! said:
Got a couple more sticks. This one is very pretty. Nice artwork, nice subject, nice deep purple on the buttons and trim.

P1020275.jpg

Woah, you're gonna' get one for every system from now on? I thought you weren't a collector?

I do like the colors.

Top Bottom