• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPT. 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Yes Boss! said:
I picked it up last week. It was the last one I needed. I collect from HRAP3/VSHG and on (though my exceptions are for sticks related to earlier systems...pursuing Saturn currently..next PC-Engine). I've wanted one for the last 16 months. Stick was new, what I was looking for...thinking of having akuma do a dual-mod ( he is in the bay area) but I'm not so keen on the switch on the side...something more discreet would be nice. Here is a photo.

Yeah, this is one HOT MOTHER-FRICKEN' STICK. Hard to top, and I now understand the love-in.
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg114/gregbuczek/P1020284.jpg
I knew you had been eyeing one for a while, congrats on the acquisition!
I feel the same way about the switch. When I got my FSTE dualmodded I went with Imp+Cthulhu for a switchless mod... just hold down the guide when plugging the stick in to change console! It's awesome!

t56tsx.jpg

Got a new video card, an iHome and picked up a new case for my 32GB 3GS (Agent 18 EcoSlider). Time to re-install Crysis. And hook this shit up to my 40" 1080p.

Yes Boss!

_dementia said:
I knew you had been eyeing one for a while, congrats on the acquisition!
I feel the same way about the switch. When I got my FSTE dualmodded I went with Imp+Cthulhu for a switchless mod... just hold down the guide when plugging the stick in to change console! It's awesome!

Oh wow, that sounds fantastic. Not like I need another 360 stick but this one is so fancy and the profile is just right I'd like to be able to use it for shmups on the 360. So, when I PM akuma I ask for a dual-mod with an Imp+Cthulhu and my stick will come back with out any external blemishes? I guess I'll order those two part once I get confirmation...doing it myself is far, far beyond my skills.

DrFunk said:
How's the music on Katamari Tribute?

Ratba said:
Not as good as the others. I've played through most of it. It has a lot of remixes and to me they are hit and miss.

I agree, there are a few songs that I wish I didn't hear, but overall I find the soundtrack to be really good!:D

Yes Boss!

J2d said:
Movies and photobooks.

Sep1.jpg

How does the Kenneth Anger stuff look on BD? I've got the US Fantoma sets (UCLA Archive prints) but I've been tempted to double-dip. Is it region-free, playable on NTSC?

J2d

It looks good to me, for what it is of course. It's region free according to the dvdbeaver review. Can't say if it's worthy of a double dip since this is the first time I've seen it but it looks like it.

Yes Boss! said:
Got a couple more sticks. This one is very pretty. Nice artwork, nice subject, nice deep purple on the buttons and trim.

P1020270.jpg

P1020275.jpg

Now those are actually pretty cool, they blow the lame ass ComicCon version out the water... but I don't want to spend $160 for one! Aren't there coupons for the GameShark store, and do they offer free shipping or osmething?

Yes Boss!

SlaughterX said:
Now those are actually pretty cool, they blow the lame ass ComicCon version out the water... but I don't want to spend $160 for one! Aren't there coupons for the GameShark store, and do they offer free shipping or osmething?

Yeah, they run free shipping coupons. Honestly, I did not really look for one since they charge a flat $7.50 to ship any amount. They do drop items in price...the comic con pads are $10 cheaper now. Not sure if they will do that for the stick eventually. Agreed, Femme is much better than SDCC! The upcoming all black one is kinda bland as well.

J2d said:
It looks good to me, for what it is of course. It's region free according to the dvdbeaver review. Can't say if it's worthy of a double dip since this is the first time I've seen it but it looks like it.

Cool, forgot about beaver. Definitely looks better. Yeah, mostly 16mm stuff but I just really want to see Lucifer at a higher quality. I've seen most of these theatrically over the years. Seems like the second DVD disc with the doc is PAL so unplayable for me (no biggie).

IMG_1294.jpg

Exit DS was cheap from Amazon Marketplace (a band-new copy too, probably because the game get a lot of chaff for its awful, optional touch screen controls...though the conventional controls are not too great either but they work well enough)
Make 10 was cheap off Amazon (i'd been watching the price fall and fall, £5.16 was when I jumped in as 17p less would mean I'd have to pay delivery, it's back up to £9.99 now...)
Deadly Creatures and Sam & Max were off Play.com.

The non-European games were all from Play-Asia. I used last weeks 20% off sale to get some items I'd been after for a while
I was too late for Retro Game Challenge though...but I finally got my hands on Front Mission so I'm well pleased
and fear not Slide Adventure Mag Kid does have the optical mouse peripheral.

glaurung

OK so first there's the camera that all the following pictures were taken with. This one I actually bought way back in April:
sep_00.jpg

And today I received this little package from EMS, straight from Japan:
sep_01.jpg

Opened up there's a whole lot of air:
sep_02.jpg

But what's that peeking from under there... Could it be? Yes it could:
sep_03.jpg

My first PERFECT GRADE as a birthday present from myself.

The box is huge!
sep_04.jpg

sep_05.jpg

All pictures are taken in my new apartment, where I also have my little new 46X4500 BRAVIA:
sep_06.jpg

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
glaurung said:
OK so first there's the camera that all the following pictures were taken with. This one I actually bought way back in April:
http://glaurung.planet.ee/img/pickup/sep_00.jpg[IMG]
[/QUOTE]

I've got that same camera. I love mine.

Yes Boss! said:
Oh wow, that sounds fantastic. Not like I need another 360 stick but this one is so fancy and the profile is just right I'd like to be able to use it for shmups on the 360. So, when I PM akuma I ask for a dual-mod with an Imp+Cthulhu and my stick will come back with out any external blemishes? I guess I'll order those two part once I get confirmation...doing it myself is far, far beyond my skills.

I posted that after your original VSHG post. He can take care of it all. He has the parts too, and he's not going to rip you off. He did a good job with my TE. Hit Jay up. Since he's so close to you, you'd get it back probably in the same week. I wish I could get my hands on VHSG cuz of the layout and parts.

Yes Boss! said:
Nope,

A little too much now, perhaps. I remember I took a photo of 36 alkaline batteries and got a ton of shit for it (environment, etc). Personally, I'd like to see a family photo of my collection after two years but it might be too much excess for the thread. I'll do it if folks are interested...in another few months it might just be impossible, given the number.

PLEASE do it

goMaki

First I wanna say THANK YOU to all that gave me some kick ass name suggestions for my new kitty! :D They all helped alot. Zotty had the suggestion that made the final cut...

Here are my two most recent pick-ups:

Batman: The Animated Series ( Complete Series ) courtesy of Spooky aka Batcat!
DSCN0540-1.jpg

And then a big ass box from Amazon...
DSCN0543.jpg

Surprise! It's:

DSCN0549-1.jpg

Beatles Rock Band and introducing Sir Nom-nom Catsworth The First! Sorry for pic quality, kitty was fussy. :p

Off to enjoy the Beatles now!

Gagaman

A big box with this lot finally arrived today:

9k9pno.jpg

Has switches for 50/60hz and English/Japanese language. Finally I can play Mega Drive games full screen and full speed! :D

1447hmr.jpg

Under it was another even bigger box full of mostly Japanese mega Drive games.

Here is the one that was one of the main reasons for me buying this lot..

29c553d.jpg

and here is most of the contents of the box:

260fjgk.jpg

rti838.jpg

Musha ftw.

Yes Boss! said:
Well, afaik, Imp work with cthulhu, so you'd have to gut the original VSHG pcb and replace it with a PS3/PC cthulhu, and ad a common ground X360 pcb on top of that to get the dual mod working all switchless-like. It wasn't too bat with my FSTE because it was a 360 version, so it used a common ground 360 pcb by default. the only things I needed were the Imp board and cthulhu to get it modded.

I didn't really need a dual-platform stick either, but the convenience of carrying one stick to tourneys/friends houses without worrying about platform compatibility is great.

Been a while since I posted in one of these, cos everyone has such awesome stuff and I feel lame and inferior.. :( .. even more so than usual! But I shall post some stuff this month anyway!

6slot.jpg

MVS 6 Slot and Games (left to right: Metal Slug X, World Heroes, KoF96 and Metal Slug 2), I also got a KoF97 but I put it somewhere and now I can't remember where :lol

buttanz.jpg

New buttons (sanwa) and meshball for cab in MVS colours, I intend to change the NNC panel for one more fitting later

arcanacab.jpg
plusherorevo.jpg

Arcana Heart Full (running in Cab I've had for a while), an extra M+ , a HTC hero (what I took these laughable photos with), and an Acer Revo running XBMCLive (stood on top of pachislot I've had for a while)

Still not as awesome as the stuff I see people have been grabbing this month, but its a start.

Leonsito

Gagaman, that's awesome!

How is your Genesis hooked up to the HDTV ? Composite to VGA Box ?

I'm modding one of my Genesis to 50/60Hz with switch and making the composite and rgb cable mods too next week :D

Gagaman

Leonsito said:
Gagaman, that's awesome!

I'm modding one of my Genesis to 50/60Hz with switch and making the composite and rgb cable mods too next week :D
Just the scart cable that came with it (as I'm in the UK). Scart connections always look fantastic on this TV (except for my Japanese Saturn that seems to run at inferior RGB picture). I guess the only snag I have with this scart is the picture is a little too bright, sometimes skin tones blend with white a bit, unlike my Multi-Mega, but it's a pretty minor nit-pick.

Leonsito said:

I see exactly that on the left of the picture, a small composite-to-vga box. I did not know it was available, where I can get one? But the picture in your TV sure looks extreme sharp, what does not happen with mine if I run something low-res on it.

Leonsito

Gagaman said:
Just the scart cable that came with it (as I'm in the UK). Scart connections always look fantastic on this TV (except for my Japanese Saturn that seems to run at inferior RGB picture). I guess the only snag I have with this scart is the picture is a little too bright, sometimes skin tones blend with white a bit, unlike my Multi-Mega, but it's a pretty minor nit-pick.

Woah, only scart then? Looks amazing for that kind of TV, can you upload a pic of the switch mod? Just to get some ideas where to put it on mine.

Edit: forget it, just saw the switch :D

I plan on put mine on the back of the console.

Ph3n3x

Neo Member
I picked up some early birthday presents today. I got the first Y: The Last Man now that it's in a 5 copy hardcover series and a copy of my favorite album on vinyl. I don't have a turntable yet, but at least I have something to play when I get it!

dsc01485.jpg

I'm turning 21 tomorrow, expect some pictures of the alcohol I purchase!

Gagaman

Chiaroscuro said:
I see exactly that on the left of the picture, a small composite-to-vga box. I did not know it was available, where I can get one? But the picture in your TV sure looks extreme sharp, what does not happen with mine if I run something low-res on it.
No no, that's my Dreamcast VGA box. I'm not sure why but this telly is darn good at low-res games ...maybe because it doesn't do progressive scan above 480p (but up to 1080i)?

Leonsito said:
Woah, only scart then? Looks amazing for that kind of TV, can you upload a pic of the switch mod? Just to get some ideas where to put it on mine.

There is no TV cable connection mod, just two small switches for 50/60 and English/Japanese. I could post pics of those it you like, though.

EDIT: Yeah, I think the switches can be placed anywhere really. Mine was already modded when i got it, so I didn't choose where they went.

Leonsito

I need to add composite out because my only RF cable is fucked up, so I have to play like this at the moment:

IMG_2186.jpg

IMG_2187.jpg

:lol

But the RGB cable uses the MegaDrive original AV out port, so in the end I will have all kind of exits for video.

T1tan

Neo Member
Struct09 said:

Whaaaa? How'd you score Mario and Luigi so early? Great job!

Starwolf_UK said:

I'd love your impressions on Slide Adventure Mag Kid when after you've played it. Thought of picking it up from Play-Asia but it seemed a bit gimmicky.

LiK

Sept pick-ups has begun!

Batman CE AGAIN! i already got the PS3 CE but i love the game so much i had to get the 360 CE too. gonna sell my regular 360 version to my brother-in-law. :)
batmanCE.jpg

MURAMASA!!!
muramasa.jpg

figures, you know what they are ;)
deadspace_gow.jpg

blu-rays
space_lair.jpg

headphones, amazon lightning deal~ :D
headphones.jpg

Yes Boss!

_dementia said:
Well, afaik, Imp work with cthulhu, so you'd have to gut the original VSHG pcb and replace it with a PS3/PC cthulhu, and ad a common ground X360 pcb on top of that to get the dual mod working all switchless-like. It wasn't too bat with my FSTE because it was a 360 version, so it used a common ground 360 pcb by default. the only things I needed were the Imp board and cthulhu to get it modded.

I didn't really need a dual-platform stick either, but the convenience of carrying one stick to tourneys/friends houses without worrying about platform compatibility is great.

So, I need to buy an old used wired 360 controller, order an IMP and Cuthulu and ship it all off to Akuma? Then I'll be good to go.

T1tan said:
I'd love your impressions on Slide Adventure Mag Kid when after you've played it. Thought of picking it up from Play-Asia but it seemed a bit gimmicky.

I've had that game for a few years and it is totally fun. A bit easy but works fantastic. Definitely worth a pickup, especially if you enjoy nintendo hardware. I think I paid about 20 delivered from play-asia back then.

Yes Boss!

xero273 said:
You probably know this already, but the MS wired 360 controller won't work. I'm pretty sure this was the one akuma told me to buy when he did my HRAP.

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=42850

Ok, thanks. Did not know that. In fact, don't even know what "grounding" on a controller means. So that is why the modders always talk about a mad catz controller, I assume. Looks like I'll order the parts. Or PM akuma to see if he has plenty of Imps and cuthulus on hand.

Gagaman said:
Here is the one that was one of the main reasons for me buying this lot..

29c553d.jpg

Good choice man, I love that game :) Love those old MD boxes too, just something about the 80s anime art on the Aleste box and the colour etc that makes it look so appealing! :D

YO-Q

so in celebration of SEGA DREAMCAST 10th, I treated my self to something I been wanting to get a hold of for years, and someone had it local so just my luck it was available I couldn't resist! I am going to be up all night playing fighters.

Just picked this up tonight, pardon the shit webcam pics

Top Bottom