• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPT. 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

KaYotiX said:

I could've, but I get much more value out of the slingbox. Not only can I watch the games but I can watch all of the programming I pay for (HBO, Showtime, Starz, etc, etc). If I hook it up to my DVR I can also access my list and replay my recordings (not 100% on this but I see no reason you would not be able to). The Slingbox was $150, that package you mentioned is $100 for just the games.

Still haven't set it up yet but I'm expecting the quality to be solid. I get 1.5 upload speed so that should be plenty for a decent stream.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
VIP at the RE5 PC Launch party last night... stopped by there for a bit before hitting up the 1up party/gathering at Gameworks in Seattle.

7131_125947478882_507353882_2459412_7734559_n.jpg

Got hired by Excella on the spot ;P

7131_125947488882_507353882_2459413_5122504_n.jpg

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
2 things:

1) Jesus Christ, that picture scares the shit out of me, as always.

2) They had an RE5 launch party... specifically for the PC version? That seems kinda... specific.

But that does remind me that the PC version's a week away, so I can finally play that freakin' game.

AlfaTrion

Jago said:
Finally found AriZona in my town. Good stuff

That arizona iced green tea is THE BEST.
When I went to the states one time, my GF and I bought 2 gallons of it in 1 gallon jugs!

Man, I want some now :)

Can you check your bottle if it says bottled in Canada?

Jago

Neo Member
AlfaTrion said:
That arizona iced green tea is THE BEST.
When I went to the states one time, my GF and I bought 2 gallons of it in 1 gallon jugs!

Man, I want some now :)

Can you check your bottle if it says bottled in Canada?

Just had a zip =)

Sure, didn't find anything on the bottle about Canada

Shadow780 said:
>:C

Thanks for bringing this to the new page. Brilliant.

What's with the love for C2, anyway? I've watched every episode of Code Geass and she has literally no personality for like 2/3 of the series. She's the new Rei Ayanami, apparently.

EricDiesel said:
What's with the love for C2, anyway? I've watched every episode of Code Geass and she has literally no personality for like 2/3 of the series. She's the new Rei Ayanami, apparently.
Dat ass.jpg

WEGGLES

Yes Boss! said:
Breakfast So Cal style. I'm taking the year off from meat but this is the second exception I've made (September, ok, I'll probably eat a bit of meat over the holidays).

A straight-up Double Double, a Cheeseburger Animal Style, some fries. Clamato bud and Modelo in a can (the best, mind you) help wash it down.

Solid $10 spent, yo. Sometimes useful to take advantage of my location. 2500 Calories, GET!

P1020243.jpg
I hate you so much. It's not fair to taunt us with pictures of delicious In N Out...

Why is the closest In N Out 1000 miles away?!

JEKKI

I went to a huge SF4 tournament yesterday, West Coast Warzone, and did absolutely horrible.

TT_TT

but I didnt come home empty handed!

ou9loy.jpg

auw4jn.jpg

outsidah

Yes Boss! said:
Breakfast So Cal style. I'm taking the year off from meat but this is the second exception I've made (September, ok, I'll probably eat a bit of meat over the holidays).

A straight-up Double Double, a Cheeseburger Animal Style, some fries. Clamato bud and Modelo in a can (the best, mind you) help wash it down.

Solid $10 spent, yo. Sometimes useful to take advantage of my location. 2500 Calories, GET!

P1020243.jpg

I HATE YOU.

Sorry. ;)

I'm still suffering from SoCal withdrawl... visited in July and fell in love.

MarkMan said:
VIP at the RE5 PC Launch party last night... stopped by there for a bit before hitting up the 1up party/gathering at Gameworks in Seattle.Got hired by Excella on the spot ;P

How was it ? RE5 PC looking the biz ?

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Solideliquid said:
It's on now. Upgrading from a 8800GT.

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz352/solideliquid/ef096e56.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]
Nice, I just upgraded from an 8800 to an HD4890 and it's rocking everything at highest settings.

Chacranajxy said:
There's an RE5 benchmark out if you're curious to see how it looks.

SPOILER: It looks great.

Oh i know, looks jaw dropping :D I meant more in a 3D vision sorta way (they were showing it using that, right ?).

Frester

All my summer pick-ups! Haven't posted in a pick-up thread for a while...

Summer2009Pickups003.jpg

Samsung 32" LCD :D

Summer2009Pickups004.jpg

13.3" Dell Inspiron, iPhone 3G (got it a month before 3GS was announced), and the 750GB external HDD.

Summer2009Pickups005.jpg

I also got Rhythm Heaven but I couldn't find it for the picture. Finished all of those except MGS4 ('cause I haven't even started 3!), Rhythm Heaven, and inFAMOUS which I'm playing now that I finished 1000/1000 RE5.

Summer2009Pickups006.jpg

Ben Button on Bluray. The Third Reich books were to get ready for my undergrad thesis this year, and the others were pleasure reading. Except the GRE one of course :p

Summer2009Pickups007.jpg

Framed print my sister got me for my birthday. Ironic since it came from England and I was studying there last semester.

Summer2009Pickups008.jpg

Crappy picture, but some shirts I got from the TopShop in SoHo.

And this was actually from late April, but it's pretty much my pick-up of the forever since I went all the way to Radolfzell am Bodensee to get it! And yes, I'm okay with never getting laid again :lol
SwastikaFreakshop028.jpg

SwastikaFreakshop032.jpg

SwastikaFreakshop034.jpg

SwastikaFreakshop037.jpg

SwastikaFreakshop038.jpg

SwastikaFreakshop040.jpg

castlegar

Hello hello
My first post in the thread, and I thought Id kick it off with my favorite two favorite grabs from PAX

First, from the immortal Tim Schafer
8720_260324400573_772195573_8800848_1670057_n.jpg

(I met him with my sister. The asterick was added after he thought it initially sounded too dirty lol)

9622_278614390009_677380009_8553901_2300379_n.jpg

From the 2k signing

Quake1028

Yes Boss! said:
Yeah, you don't want to max it out. Seriously, just stay at about 1/3 of the balance and your limit and rating will rise.

I don't think that's true, at all, actually. If he is paying it off in full each month, it doesn't mater what he is spending, because as far as anyone can tell he's never maxed out and he's never carrying any debt to credit, at all. I would agree if he constantly had it maxed out each month and was only paying a minimum, but I don't think this is correct information.

Yes Boss!

Gloomfire said:
I don't think that's true, at all, actually. If he is paying it off in full each month, it doesn't mater what he is spending, because as far as anyone can tell he's never maxed out and he's never carrying any debt to credit, at all. I would agree if he constantly had it maxed out each month and was only paying a minimum, but I don't think this is correct information.

True, in a way. Paying off each month is essential but a high balance in proportion to credit limit is one of the markers that are also looked for. For a significant portion of the month his/her ratio is in the danger zone...and it will have consequence for the rating. He/she was looking to build credit so at no point should 25-30% of the available balance be exceeded, at any time.

Negator said:
Brand new Sharp 40" 1080p TV, I can finally have nice things! Playing some FFX at the moment. Ignore the flash...
2w33pfr.jpg

And some game pick-ups.
eakqys.jpg

WOW FFX looks great on that 1080p TV. I assume you must be running it through a ps3 with BC? Cause my ps2 looks O.K. but not anywhere near that sharp on the text. If it is a ps2 what is your secret?

Yes Boss!

Picked up a tiffin lunch pail. Not for practical use but, rather, as a storage unit for my portable games... things like my GBA games, Micro, DS games, and associated parts. I remember these from my childhood and travels around the world. This one is not brass/copper but a simple stainless version.

P1020249.jpg

Cant0na

Banned
Yes Boss! said:
I think the idea is pseudo-company. Kinda like a stuffed-animal for adults. Seems pretty harmless, but strange.

not if you touch them

10 bucks says, they are hard and crusty by now

Yes Boss!

Slayer-33 said:
my god... those burgers and fries look delicious... now I am hungry... I live in NYC :( wtb some.

That is the thing...you guys got your local stuff that is just as impressive. Embrace it!

Top Bottom